Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haven’t posted mock in a while.
(04-04-2020, 05:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually then how about Tua was still projected ahead of Burrow till injury..no if in that one

Okay.  So you've gone from if to no longer exists.  Just a different way to say if.  And just as irrelevant.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 05:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually then how about Tua was still projected ahead of Burrow till injury..no if in that one

Most sites don't start updating rankings mid-season because they don't get heavy into draft stuff until right before the Senior Bowl and Combines.

One does The Draft Network continuously updates their rankings quite often during the college football season. I know TDN's Jordan Reid started putting Burrow above Tua right after the LSU vs Alabama game which was before Tua's Injury.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/comparisons-for-2020-nfl-draft-quarterbacks
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 05:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Most sites don't start updating rankings mid-season because they don't get heavy into draft stuff until right before the Senior Bowl and Combines.

One does The Draft Network continuously updates their rankings quite often during the college football season. I know TDN's Jordan Reid started putting Burrow above Tua right after the LSU vs Alabama game which was before Tua's Injury.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/comparisons-for-2020-nfl-draft-quarterbacks

Once again, facts being the enemy of contrived narratives.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Alabama thing is weak. You can say the same for LSU. That’s not the reason you don’t take Tua. The reason, or actually reasons, are because there’s a much better option in Burrow, and because Tua couldn’t even stay healthy at the college level. There’s no reason to believe he’s going to suddenly become a much more durable player in the NFL.
I disagree with that last sentence. There is every reason to believe he’ll get healthier in the nfl, namely the tightrope surgeries(elective surgeries btw, not needed). The ankles won’t be an issue anymore or shouldn’t be
(04-04-2020, 01:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I could live with that, but the “it’s not close” comment is classic Jpoore, totally oblivious to reality. Yeah, Tua is a risk, but so is Burrow.

Besides the Tua vs Joe debate, I’m not sure Epeneza is a good fit in a 3-4 hybrid. I think of him as a more traditional DE in 4-3, not a 3 technique in a 4-3 or an OLB in a 3-4. But, overall not bad. Your job as GM rides on Tua panning out.
With the moves we’ve made and what they’ve said, it seems to me we’re gonna go to a 4-3 hybrid. And I’m drafting epeneza at dt.
(04-04-2020, 05:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tua is not projected ahead of Burrow in the world we live in. End of story.

Tua is qb1 To quote a few pro scouts
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not. Burrow is like way down the list on qbs I would take over last 5 years. Tua is my 2nd highest rated qb since luck

Congratulations.  You are in the minority on that one.  

I have to hand it to you for standing your ground.  
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 12:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Congratulations.  You are in the minority on that one.  

I have to hand it to you for standing your ground.  

No one stands their ground like a crazy person.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 11:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Mock using TDN. Trade down

5. Tua tagovailoa: qb1: it’s not close. Drew brees from the left side. He’s 100 percent. No issues with ankles to worry about anymore. Easy pick

18: jedrick wills: other teams go with the high upside tackles higher and the best tackle in this class falls to us at 18. Gives us 2 bookends to protect our franchise qb

26:Kenneth Murray: best lber available and will give us some sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability at the lber position to pair with pratt.

33:aj epeneza: most have him at de, but if u look at his film he was unblockable and most of his production came while at 3-tech. Elite dlineman

39:tee Higgins wr: we get an elite wr that falls to us at 39 due to the strength of the wr class. Don’t make the same mistake everyone did(not me) with dk metcalf and the 3 cone/shuttle times. He’s elite. Aj green replacement.

65: Cole kmet: best te in the class gives us our Tyler eifert replacement and a legit go to guy at the te position.

107: Tyler badass: 1st round center a year ago suffered from bad play due to injury  and falls to the 4th round. Bpa at a position of need.

147: jack Driscoll: good high upside project ot and gives us much needed depth at that position.

180: Justin strnad: lber overhaul room continues with a speedy cover  lber that can back up all 3 spots and great special teamer.

I really like the players you selected.
I've always been on the Tua train, and I'm still optimistic he becomes a franchise QB as long as his health allows.
I really like all the other players you pick within the first four rounds.

With that said, this belongs in the Mock Draft forum :-P
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 12:53 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I disagree with that last sentence. There is every reason to believe he’ll get healthier in the nfl, namely the tightrope surgeries(elective surgeries btw, not needed). The ankles won’t be an issue anymore or shouldn’t be

Any surgery that isn’t an emergency to save life, limb, or eyesight is elective. That doesn’t mean they aren’t needed.

Quote:With the moves we’ve made and what they’ve said, it seems to me we’re gonna go to a 4-3 hybrid. And I’m drafting epeneza at dt.

Didn’t they say they were moving to a 3-4 hybrid? So what makes you think they’re moving to a 4-3 hybrid? And Epeneza is better suited as a 4-3 DE than DT.

Quote:Tua is qb1 To quote a few pro scouts

What are their names?
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is a great QB selection for 1st overall.
I like so much about him.

With that said, Tua Tagovailoa did have a better 2019 and college career QB Rating than Burrow, so it's not like Tua is some chump.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/tua-tagovailoa-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-burrow-1.html

I know that college success doesn't 100% guarantee NFL success, but Tua was pretty good at everything except staying healthy.
If he can stay healthy, I can see both him and Burrow being Top 10 QBs in the NFL within a few years.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 03:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Burrow is a great QB selection for 1st overall.

With that said, Tua Tagovailoa did have a better 2019 and college career QB Rating than Burrow, so it's not like Tua is some chump.

I know that college success doesn't 100% guarantee NFL success, but Tua was pretty good at everything except staying healthy.
If he can stay healthy, I can see both him and Burrow being Top 10 QBs in the NFL within a few years.

Literally no one on the planet is calling Tua a chump. He’s just a giant risk. He’s never made it through a full season without getting injured.

Drafting him to play in the AFC North against the Steelers and Ravens 4x a year seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not. Burrow is like way down the list on qbs I would take over last 5 years. Tua is my 2nd highest rated qb since luck

Ive been saying for multiple years that you're one of the worst mock draft guys on these forums.  You have outdone yourself this year lmao

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:57 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ive been saying for multiple years that you're one of the worst mock draft guys on these forums.  You have outdone yourself this year lmao

But he has 30-50 friends who think he's a god.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 05:39 PM)McC Wrote: But he has 30-50 friends who think he's a god.

I guess I'm better at evaluating talent than making friends shrug =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one on the planet is calling Tua a chump. He’s just a giant risk. He’s never made it through a full season without getting injured.

Drafting him to play in the AFC North against the Steelers and Ravens 4x a year seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

I didn't say someone said he's a chump, I just said he's not one.
From a pure talent standpoint, he's on the same level as Burrow.
His only concern is health (at least for me).
If he didn't suffer that season-ending injury in November, I have no doubt there would be a legitimate debate between him and Burrow being the #1 overall pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 06:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't say someone said he's a chump, I just said he's not one.
From a pure talent standpoint, he's on the same level as Burrow.
His only concern is health (at least for me).
If he didn't suffer that season-ending injury in November, I have no doubt there would be a legitimate debate between him and Burrow being the #1 overall pick.

That is one gigantic only.  It's not just that he had that one injury.  And that is a really bad injury for a football player.  Whatever GM takes him will be banking his career on it.  It makes me very happy that we don't even have to consider going down that road.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 06:13 PM)McC Wrote: That is one gigantic only.  It's not just that he had that one injury.  And that is a really bad injury for a football player.  Whatever GM takes him will be banking his career on it.  It makes me very happy that we don't even have to consider going down that road.

I am very happy that Burrow ascended the way that he did, especially after seeing Tua have such a big injury.
I really don't want to see Herbert, Love, Eason, or Hurts in stripes.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 03:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Burrow is a great QB selection for 1st overall.

I actually think they are very similar QBs.  If we would have been sitting at #3, I would be more than happy with Tua (although I would be scared as hell that he stays healthy)

The whole rating thing is crazy.  How can a guy throw 60 TDs, 6 INTs, over 77% completion have a lower rating?  Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I actually think they are very similar QBs.  If we would have been sitting at #3, I would be more than happy with Tua (although I would be scared as hell that he stays healthy)

The whole rating thing is crazy.  How can a guy throw 60 TDs, 6 INTs, over 77% completion have a lower rating?  Doesn't make a lot of sense.

A lot goes into it.
One thing is that people are not penalized for not playing a full season. It's just through the games they played.
Tua had a better Yards Per Attempt and a lower average INTs per game than Burrow.
Burrow's accuracy and average TDs per game were higher than Tua.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A lot goes into it.
One thing is that people are not penalized for not playing a full season. It's just through the games they played.
Tua had a better Yards Per Attempt and a lower average INTs per game than Burrow.
Burrow's accuracy and average TDs per game were higher than Tua.

Not to mention, Joe made a joke out of the SEC and then the college football playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:39 PM)McC Wrote: Not to mention, Joe made a joke out of the SEC and then the college football playoffs.

They obviously don't factor in strength of schedule with the QB Rating.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote