Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haven’t posted mock in a while.
Trading back to 5 doesn't guarantee us Tua. Someone could easily trade up to 3 or 4 and snatch him from us. Enough with the troll nonsense for trading back to take Tua.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 06:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The best ability a player can have is availability.

The idea of shrugging injury concerns off as "well, if he didn't have them then..." is genuinely bizarre to me.

You could do that for literally any prospect. It doesn't mean anything though.

"Well, if Tee Higgins had 4.2 speed, he'd be a top 10 WR."

"...But he doesn't..."

"Yea, but if he did...then he'd be a top 10 pick."

This is the same exact argument being made about Tua.

Injury proneness is a major con. It may be the biggest con in the NFL when it comes to prospects.

True, but injuries are something that someone can overcome. Going from 4.6 to 4.2 is something that cannot be done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 09:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but injuries are something that someone can overcome. Going from 4.6 to 4.2 is something that cannot be done.

Injuries are something a guy can overcome to come back and play but having a list of injuries combined with being injured every year on a college player's resume can definitely cause that player to drop down draft boards. 

It can keep a player out of the top ten and can definitely keep a team from packaging multiple picks together to go up and get that player.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 02:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “It’s not close” LOL

If Tua had no injury history he would probably be taken #1.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 09:26 PM)slim 751 Wrote: If Tua had no injury history he would probably be taken #1.

And yet it would still be close.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 09:26 PM)slim 751 Wrote: If Tua had no injury history he would probably be taken #1.

Correction--it would be a serious discussion on who would be taken first.  And for me, it would still be Burrow and that's in no way a knock in Tua.

Tua is small, And he is not Murray quick and fast, though he mistakenly thinks he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 11:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: 3. Bucky brooks is the most notable one Regardless of injury. Mccshay kiper and many others have tua qb1 if injury isn’t taken into account

Now about all those guys saying Tua is QB1, why does all of their current mocks still have Burrow going first? I mean is Tua is No 1 then shouldn't he be first pick? I think they are just hyping Tua to cause controversy and get clicks.

I don't understand why you are playing the "IF" game... Tua's injury history is factual.  It's like saying if a qb didn't throw any ints.....
Reply/Quote
Maybe we’ve been looking at this all wrong. We all know the media hates the Bengals. And Tua’s agent even came out and said he hopes the Bengals fall in love with someone else. What if that’s what the media was doing the whole time? First, they build up Burrow, let him have the best season a college QB has ever had. Then, they create the whole, “Burrow doesn’t want to play in Cincy!” narrative to get fans riled up and wanting Burrow here. Then they send in a few voices of reason like Schefter and Kiper to say, “no, no, he really is the best and Cincy is lucky to have the opportunity to draft him” and “he wants to play there they are making good moves” to seal the deal. Then, they tell everyone about how Miami is contemplating some massive offer because they want him so bad, making us think even more that he really is #1 material. Meanwhile, Tua, the actual best player in the draft, just sits there, falling to a team they’d much rather have him on. Sounds like conspiracy to me.

Honestly, I wish Tua didn’t have the injury history he has. I think the competition between Burrow and Tua would have been incredibly close. The combine could have been really interesting to see if either of them decided to workout. At that point, you are deciding between someone who had the best college season a QB ever had, or a QB who has been more consistently good during his college career. It’s a tough call. In reality though, Tua does have the injury history, and we can’t pass up the opportunity to draft a guy with as much franchise potential as Joe Burrow for someone who may or may not be able to play an entire NFL season.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not. Burrow is like way down the list on qbs I would take over last 5 years. Tua is my 2nd highest rated qb since luck

Lol. And how do you rate QB's? What criteria do you use?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 06:44 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now about all those guys saying Tua is QB1, why does all of their current mocks still have Burrow going first? I mean is Tua is No 1 then shouldn't he be first pick? I think they are just hyping Tua to cause controversy and get clicks.

I don't understand why you are playing the "IF" game... Tua's injury history is factual.  It's like saying if a qb didn't throw any ints.....

Bucky has tua as his #1 ranked qb, regardless of injury. But we know tua won’t go 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 01:09 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Lol. And how do you rate QB's? What criteria do you use?

I use a players entire career.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I use a players entire career.

And yet, you overlook the fact that Tua has been hurt every year of his career.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:44 PM)McC Wrote: And yet, you overlook the fact that Tua has been hurt every year of his career.

Not at all. But I also look at the fact that most of the issues were ankle related and after having the tightrope surgery he never had another ankle related issue. I also look at multiple years of elite production under different coaching, schemes, personell, etc
Reply/Quote
Sure, just completely forget about the dislocated hip. That was no big deal.

And the Black Knight just had a flesh wound...lol

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I use a players entire career.

"I just can't understand it."  "I took a good look at the entire car, walked all the way around it." "It drove home just fine, then the next day the engine blew and the interior caught on fire."   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
1. I wouldn't know Bucky Brooks if I fell over him.

2. You have to take what national talking heads say with a grain of salt.

3. JPoore is not/will not listen to any logical responses. Tua is his guy. He'll be disappointed Draft night and even more disappointed in Tua's injury riddled career...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 02:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not at all. But I also look at the fact that most of the issues were ankle related and after having the tightrope surgery he never had another ankle related issue. I also look at multiple years of elite production under different coaching, schemes, personell, etc

You're still missing the point.  He. got. hurt. every. year.  EVERY YEAR.  Annually.  At least once a season. 

Why?  Because he's not big.  Because he thinks he can run away from people but he can't.  He gets hit because he can't.  He got injured because he gets hit.

Every year.  Not one year.  Not two years.  Three years.  And I believe it's more than that. People say he was hurt in HS too.

This is his story so far.  He is really good.  He gets injured.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:33 PM)JSR18 Wrote: 1. I wouldn't know Bucky Brooks if I fell over him.

2. You have to take what national talking heads say with a grain of salt.

3. JPoore is not/will not listen to any logical responses. Tua is his guy. He'll be disappointed Draft night and even more disappointed in Tua's injury riddled career...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't think he will, as he acknowledged in another mock that he thinks Burrow will be the selection. He simply thinks that Tua plus pick 18, 26, and 39 would yield a better overall team than just adding Burrow. 
And maybe he's right...if Tua can stay healthy moving forward. Tua is on the same talent level of Burrow, he just hasn't been durable.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 02:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not at all. But I also look at the fact that most of the issues were ankle related and after having the tightrope surgery he never had another ankle related issue. I also look at multiple years of elite production under different coaching, schemes, personell, etc

He only played in 9 games after the ankle surgery before the more serious hip injury. To say he never had another ankle problem is premature at best and misleading at worst.

And I’m still waiting for you to explain why Reader is “absolutely” a 4-3 DT instead of a DT who can play in a 3-4 hybrid besides listing the positions he has played in a 3-4.
Reply/Quote

He played 1 half in his first year.
Played pretty good his 2nd year (although he laid a major egg against Georgia in the SEC Title Game)
Played 2/3 of his 3rd year

He was also plug and play in those schemes with NFL talent already in place.  And let's not kid ourselves, just because the OC changes, doesn't mean the schemes change.
Reply/Quote