Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heath Miller Retires
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Miller-retires-after-11-seasons/389127ea-7d00-4b89-a45d-3a66bb3c22c7

Sorry to see this.  Going to be hard to replace.  But I wish him good health and much success in his future endeavours.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Miller played 11 seasons for the Steelers (2005-15) after originally being selected by Pittsburgh in the first round (30thoverall) of the 2005 NFL Draft. He started 167-of-168 games played during the regular season, and he started all 15 postseason contests that he played in. Miller’s 168 regular-season games played are the most by a tight end in Steelers’ history.

In team history, Miller is the all-time leader in receptions (592), receiving yards (6,569) and receiving touchdowns (45) by a tight end. Overall, he ranks second in career receptions, fourth in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns, and sixth in scrimmage yards (6,577) in Steelers’ annals. Miller is one of four players to record 500 receptions, one of five players to record 6,000 receiving yards and one of five players to record 40 receiving touchdowns in team history.

Miller is one of 12 tight ends in NFL history to reach 6,000 career receiving yards, and at the conclusion of the 2015 season, his 592 receptions are the sixth-most in NFL history by a tight end, and his 6,569 career receiving yards are the ninth-most in NFL history by a tight end.

In 2015, Miller recorded 500 receiving yards for the ninth straight season to become just the second player in team history to accomplish that feat (Hines Ward). Also in 2015, he became just the second player in team history (Ward) to record at least one reception in 100 straight regular-season games played (Miller, 103).

A two-time Super Bowl Champion (XL and XLIII), Miller was also a two-time Pro Bowler (2009 and 2012). He earned Steelers’ MVP honors for the 2012 season, as he led Pittsburgh with 71 receptions, while registering single-season career-highs in receiving yards (816) and receiving touchdowns (8). Miller was also named to USA Today’s All-Joe Team following the 2008 season for his unsung efforts. As a rookie, he was the recipient of the 2005 Joe Greene Great Performance Award, given annually to the top Steelers’ rookie.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
[Image: fWx327.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm still yelling "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH!!!!!" every time jesse James makes a catch.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 04:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm still yelling "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH!!!!!" every time jesse James makes a catch.

Steelers fans yell HEEEEEEEATH any time a large white guy who has a number in the 80s catches a ball. Matt Speath gets it too. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 04:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm still yelling "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH!!!!!" every time jesse James makes a catch.

[Image: 021916.jpg]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
[Image: heathers1.jpg?w=728&h=489&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
Good. I've seen enough of that SOB to last a lifetime.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Was second only to Brown in receptions for the Steelers, but fourth in yards and touchdowns, which means that he was just a big part of being a security blanket/outlet for Ben.

Jesse James is taller, but not as thick, and, in the same category, not as physical and gets pushed around, which Heath didn't do.

I still think his height will be great for Ben as an easy target to find over the middle, but it's a big loss for the Steelers.

He was great for the Steelers, so I'm not complaining.
Reply/Quote
Jared Allen, now Heath Miller? What, are they venturing off to remake Brokeback Mountain together?

Edit: I just realized that this thread is in AFCN Chatter, and not Smack. So, congratulations on a great career, Heath Miller. Miller, Allen, and potentially Manning would make an awesome class of 1st ballot HOFers, for the 2020 enshrinement.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Love the title of the thread.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 05:04 PM)Benton Wrote: [Image: heathers1.jpg?w=728&h=489&crop=1]

Was waiting for someone else to "catch" that.

[Image: p11421_p_v8_aa.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 05:04 PM)Benton Wrote: [Image: heathers1.jpg?w=728&h=489&crop=1]

(02-19-2016, 08:40 PM)Harmening Wrote: Love the title of the thread.

Ah crap!

Hilarious

Too close to my my last name and I just kept typing!  

At least it good for a laugh!
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

Ha, my Steeler friends and I were talking about that today.  Any time a white guy does anything I'm gonna keep yellin' HEAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637468/article/big-ben-on-heath-miller-i-could-talk-about-him-all-day

"Ben Roethlisberger cried when he got the news"

Because he knows the Steelers 3rd down percentage just dropped a good 10%
Reply/Quote
Steelers fans just stole the HEEEEEAP chant from Ravens fans, so even their chants are unoriginal and dumb.

Congrats to Heath on a fine career though. One of their rare classy players. Gotta admit I'm happy to see the Steelers lose another good piece.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 02:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Steelers fans just stole the HEEEEEAP chant from Ravens fans, so even their chants are unoriginal and dumb.

Congrats to Heath on a fine career though. One of their rare classy players. Gotta admit I'm happy to see the Steelers lose another good piece.

[Image: who-dey.jpg]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 02:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: who-dey.jpg]

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/12/14/who-dey-vs-who-dat/?_r=0
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/12/05/origin-who-dey-murky-its-message-not/76617696/

Although the origins of both chants are murky, it's generally accepted that Bengals fans began heavily using the Who Dey chant in the 1981 Super Bowl season.

Saints fans didn't begin to heavily use Who Dat until 1983.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 02:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: who-dey.jpg]

He he walked right into that one. 
Reply/Quote
@Strictlybiz:

Yes, I walked right into an opportunity to give a Steeler fan a history lesson.

Btw, when you quote someone, you're supposed to put your reply outside of their text box. Otherwise, people can't reply to your post or differentiate between what you're saying and what the previous poster said. Facepalm
Reply/Quote