Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson breaks wrist
(12-11-2022, 07:26 PM)pally Wrote: Somehow I have a feeling that Trey plays

Wild, just saw this. Tough dude Trey, damn. Happy we finally beat the Stains but it sounds like a costly game injury wise.

Hope we can tough it out like Trey and make it through, just want him okay for the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love ya Truck, but I’m not reading all that. Baseball players are big old softies. It is known. Tongue

After:

- Suffering a slightly slipped disk when I was around 10 years old (that's the circa) that was finally fixed in 2019 (had never had an X-Ray or anything until then: obviously, the pain wasn't great-enough to hinder my life, but I lived with it for the majority of my life).
- Tore my rotator cuff or labrum at 12 (as symptoms from both are roughly the same, never got it checked out or fixed)
- Beating Cancer at 21
- Writing exams with my hand in a cast, due to slipping and falling, breaking a bone in my right hand (in 2011).
- Getting a large part of my body tattooed, some on horribly painful spots
- Actively playing sports throughout all of this

I would say that I'm far from a softie Wink

(12-12-2022, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Joey Votto played the better part of 2 seasons with a torn rotator cuff.  Exceedingly painful thing to do

As mentioned above, I never got mine fixed and for the first 3 years or so after I hurt it, literally 2 or 3 throws in succession would just cause an excessive, searingly-hot pain and I had 0 strength in that arm.

I could throw harder and farther when I was 11, than I ever have since.

Was a blessing though; was moved from the OF to 1B and I became a much better ballplayer as a result! Big Grin

(12-12-2022, 01:08 PM)higgy100 Wrote:  
And you're just covering the simple-type, boo boo injuries with pitchers that can totally derail their effectiveness. As a hitter/fielder, try running as a with a hammy or ankle injury. Ain't happening. 162 game season is freakin' brutal. Players are at the park 4-5 hours early for games, stretching, running, hitting, treatment, etc. 5-6 days a week.

And don't get me started just how brutal an 81 game NBA season is. Top athletes in the world at an incredible size knocking the crap out of each other with ZERO protection.

The goals of all sports is different. Baseball you sprint to the bases.

When Gary Sheffield needed constant cortisone shots in his arm just so he could swing a bat with proper, fluid motion, that tells a lot.

As to your NBA comment, that's why you don't see big, heavy guys in the league anymore; can't keep up with the pace and can injure themselves as a result.

Zion is a massive outlier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Trey is one tough SOB

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Feels like a bluff to keep TB honest.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
They need to make a judgement call here. You want Trey and the rest of these guys back and ready to roll for Buffalo and the Ravens.

This team has done an outstanding job of bridging gaps when key players miss time. They're running out of games vs opponents that they "should" beat without a couple of key guys. I'd give Trey a week off and hope you can get Hurst and Higgins back for Tampa.

Or maybe just slap a club on his arm and let him swing it people. Doesn't seem like a solid plan, but we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:55 PM)samhain Wrote: They need to make a judgement call here.  You want Trey and the rest of these guys back and ready to roll for Buffalo and the Ravens.  

This team has done an outstanding job of bridging gaps when key players miss time.  They're running out of games vs opponents that they "should" beat without a couple of key guys.  I'd give Trey a week off and hope you can get Hurst and Higgins back for Tampa.  

Or maybe just slap a club on his arm and let him swing it people.  Doesn't seem like a solid plan, but we'll see.

I would like to see what Ossai, Gunter, or Sample can do on the edge against TB.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:05 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I would like to see what Ossai, Gunter, or Sample can do on the edge against TB.

I heard Ossai got injured. Will he be available?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Meanwhile both Baltimore and Pittsburgh lost QBs.. If Baltimore loses another they might have to trot their HC out to play.. 

In regards to Baltimore, I keep telling ppl just wait until later in the year and then see what happens to them.  When you have an offense that's geared around a duel-threat QB, it's only a matter of time before they go down.  The key is when the QB fakes he becomes a runner, and it's someone's responsibility to kick his ass.  In this league, it's tough for their bodies to hold up under that type of abuse.  Week 14 is like Groundhog day in Baltimore, as last year Action Jackson went down and they lost 5-straight to end the year.   FYI, I'd love to see Hairbaugh under Center. 

Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:15 PM)Mer Wrote: I heard Ossai got injured. Will he be available?

Has a dinged up shoulder, but Lap felt like they'd put one of those harnesses on him and let him go.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:55 PM)samhain Wrote: They need to make a judgement call here.  You want Trey and the rest of these guys back and ready to roll for Buffalo and the Ravens.  

This team has done an outstanding job of bridging gaps when key players miss time.  They're running out of games vs opponents that they "should" beat without a couple of key guys.  I'd give Trey a week off and hope you can get Hurst and Higgins back for Tampa.  

Or maybe just slap a club on his arm and let him swing it people.  Doesn't seem like a solid plan, but we'll see.

Nice post as usual Samhain. I am all for either way, whatever Trey wants to do. If a club is fine with him I am fine with it.

But what makes Trey such a great pass rusher is the way he uses both his hands. This injury will hurt, hopefully the other guys
step up and play well and he gets healed up before the Playoffs.

(12-13-2022, 12:05 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I would like to see what Ossai, Gunter, or Sample can do on the edge against TB.

Same, have seen nice flashes from all these guys, especially Ossai and Sample. Gunter looked like a beast in preseason but that 
is preseason. We will see what he can do against starters, Tampa's OT's really struggled against that 49ers DL.

(12-13-2022, 03:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Has a dinged up shoulder, but Lap felt like they'd put one of those harnesses on him and let him go.

Good to know, need Ossai with Trey out at least a game.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Feels like a bluff to keep TB honest.

If you could afford it with a roster spot. Maybe bluff him dressing as well and if you want to sit him, Ossai can get his first start. And by dressing, if we are needing that extra juice (like close game in the 4th), maybe you can play him a series.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:38 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If you could afford it with a roster spot. Maybe bluff him dressing as well and if you want to sit him, Ossai can get his first start. And by dressing, if we are needing that extra juice (like close game in the 4th), maybe you can play him a series.

FSU did that with Jared Verse early in the year when he was dinged up. All he did was come in and get a critical sack. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote