Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
His argument of "give me more money or I'll consider retiring" actually makes me laugh out loud.

Ok, retire then. Which means we retain his rights and if he ever wants to play again someone will have to trade for him AND pay him after most likely sitting out 1+ years.

Good luck with that strategy buddy!
Reply/Quote
Shut up and dribble...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:42 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: These guys dont need to pay back their signing bonus when they are traded.  The Bengals would be taking close to an 8 million dollar cap hit and losing their top pass rusher on top of that.  It doesnt make any sense to trade Hendrickson this year.

Talking about retiring.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:47 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: Talking about retiring.

But you quoted my response to J24 saying we would save 12 million by trading him.  That conversation had nothing to do with retirement.  That discussion was about a trade.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Hendrickson-has-requested-a-trade?pid=1475459#pid1475459
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:47 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: Talking about retiring.

And if he retires, he has to write a check... this is the lamest bluff I've seen in a long time. He has zero leverage. Imagine him sitting on the couch at home watching his team make a playoff run. He's not built that way.
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 12:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

According to an article I read yesterday, the sides have sat down after the draft and resumed negotiations... which seemed to be the plan all along. Trey and his agent jumped the shark. The team likely wanted to see how the draft fell before committing. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 01:34 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: According to an article I read yesterday, the sides have sat down after the draft and resumed negotiations... which seemed to be the plan all along. Trey and his agent jumped the shark. The team likely wanted to see how the draft fell before committing. 

That’s great I knew Zac met with him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 01:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: According to an article I read yesterday, the sides have sat down after the draft and resumed negotiations... which seemed to be the plan all along. Trey and his agent jumped the shark. The team likely wanted to see how the draft fell before committing. 

Whether he stays, retires or gets traded, he's lost at least 1 fan.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 11:21 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Whether he stays, retires or gets traded, he's lost at least 1 fan.

I can see why, I cannot look at him the same after requesting a trade right before the Draft when he already signed a big contract either.

I used to love Trey as one of my favorite Bengals ever before that. Not now. That was extremely selfish right before the Draft.

Why did he sign the contract in the first place? 

Why didn't he just wait until the Offseason and have his agent negotiate a longer term contract then?

We didn't draft an End and we don't know how good Murphy and the other young Ends will become as pass rushers, so I wouldn't be 
against signing Trey to like a 3 or 4 year contract if it is a good contract for the team. I won't be near as excited about it now though.

He is NOT a good run Defender at all, that has to be considered as well as his selfish behavior in this situation...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I can see why, I cannot look at him the same after requesting a trade right before the Draft when he already signed a big contract either.

I used to love Trey as one of my favorite Bengals ever before that. Not now. That was extremely selfish right before the Draft.

Why didn't he just wait until the Offseason and have his agent negotiate a longer term contract then?

We didn't draft an End and we don't know how good Murphy and the other young Ends will become as pass rushers, so I wouldn't be 
against signing Trey to like a 3 or 4 year contract if it is a good contract for the team. I won't be near as excited about it now though.

He is NOT a good run Defender at all, that has to be considered as well as his selfish behavior in this situation...

In fairness to him the trade request happened in March but wasn't reported on until April.

I'm with you though don't ask for a trade right after you just signed an extension.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 02:23 PM)J24 Wrote: In fairness to him the trade request happened in Marcb but wasn't reported on until April.

I'm with you though don't ask for a trade right after you just signed an extension.

I didn't know that thanks J24. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 12:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

One would hope that the Blackburn's will have learned and been somewhat humbled by the result of this treatment of a high performing franchise icon, but I do not equate this situation to Trey who just got a fresh extension and is an unapologetic loaner.
Reply/Quote
It is so hypocritical that these athletes and their agents want to hold to teams to every penny of their contracts, but don't seem to want to honor them themselves. (And I'm noy just talking about Trey)
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I can see why, I cannot look at him the same after requesting a trade right before the Draft when he already signed a big contract either.

I still remember the interview after they extended him. How appreciative he was towards the Bengals by letting him workout on his own and miss some of meetings to help out his wife with their newborn. Then he talked about his faith and God... I found my faith again after retiring from the service making his latest statement not sit well with me.
Reply/Quote
He's still one of my favorite Bengals regardless of this, unless his play falls off DUE to this. But I just don't see that outta Trey, he's full-go, full-time on that field. Maybe he DOES deserve more money, he IS our pass rush afterall, and these elite pass rushers are getting paid ridiculous amounts. Had he not signed that recent extension last year, I wouldn't fault him at all. But he did, and he should stick to his word and honor it.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson gives 100% effort on every play. I like having him on the team even though he is horrible against the run. My biggest issue is he hasnt even finished his 1st contract he signed with the Bengals yet is already trying to force a 3rd contract. Its crazy to me.
Reply/Quote
He'll be in stripes this year. If he wants to get paid.... just win baby. Sometimes the money motivation really amps some guys up.. maybe Trey can be that guy.
Reply/Quote
The NFL needs to do something about these agents getting into their player's heads. Hendrickson's agent knows he's not eligible for another extension. He should be sanctioned for even bringing it up.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The NFL needs to do something about these agents getting into their player's heads. Hendrickson's agent knows he's not eligible for another extension. He should be sanctioned for even bringing it up.

They can add years on before 12 months, just not money.

Reply/Quote