Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-25-2024, 02:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Paul Dehner confirmed that they won't trade either Tee or Trey pre draft!

Paul Dehner confirmed they won't trade either Trey or Tee last night! 

Ok, I hadn't seen that, fair enough. I knew they had no interest in trading Tee, but I knew nothing about their intentions with Trey. As others noted, the team may be pushing for one more SB run before a roster overhaul.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 02:45 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: It just happened yesterday, maybe they want a second to think about it.

True. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:01 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'm getting confused.

Just who took a Leak on who first ?   Twitch

Well, they ARE renovating the showers..... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:06 PM)J24 Wrote:  They would save 12 million in cap if they trade Trey!

Who's defending Trey here? 

The Bengals should do what's best for the Bengals; Trey is an aging player coming off an near elite season. If the FO can get a good deal for him then they should pull the trigger. 

They would have an additional 12 million because of Trey's base pay no longer being used but they would still take a cap hit for the signing bonus they have already paid.  

If I pay you $1000 dollars to work on my yard and I give you half of the money up font but then you decide you want to go work on someone else's yard because you can make more money, you cant claim I saved $500 because you didnt work on my yard.  I am taking a $500 loss because I have already paid you part of the contract.  In Trey's case he has already been paid a portion of the last two years of his contract which is close to 8 million dollars.  The Bengals would be taking a large cap hit in a trade.
Reply/Quote
I blame the NBA for this stuff.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:30 PM)Destro Wrote: I blame the NBA for this stuff.

Never a bad idea lol
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 02:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Paul Dehner confirmed that they won't trade either Tee or Trey pre draft!

Dont believe anything you hear the week leading up to the draft!  - Bill Belichick 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:26 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They would have an additional 12 million because of Trey's base pay no longer being used but they would still take a cap hit for the signing bonus they have already paid.  

If I pay you $1000 dollars to work on my yard and I give you half of the money up font but then you decide you want to go work on someone else's yard because you can make more money, you cant claim I saved $500 because you didnt work on my yard.  I am taking a $500 loss because I have already paid you part of the contract.  In Trey's case he has already been paid a portion of the last two years of his contract which is close to 8 million dollars.  The Bengals would be taking a large cap hit in a trade.
I don't care about silly morals; I want my team too win multiple Championships and if trading Trey helps us do that then that's what I want them to do. 
(04-25-2024, 03:30 PM)Destro Wrote: I blame the NBA for this stuff.

Mike Brown in Scooby-Doo "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the NBA and that damn Lebron James!".
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Unaware Paul Dehner was a member of the Bengal's front office. And in what twisted way is stating they are uninterested in trading a player under contract "Waging a war of words?"

You're trying too hard. The Bengal's FO has done absolutely nothing wrong in this instance.

Now I do disagree with the way they handled Tee, so maybe roll with that. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 04:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unaware Paul Dehner was a member of the Bengal's front office. And in what twisted way is stating they are uninterested in trading a player under contract "Waging a war of words?"

You're trying too hard. The Bengal's FO has done absolutely nothing wrong in this instance.

Now I do disagree with the way they handled Tee, so maybe roll with that. 

What are you talking about?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No doubt Trey played his ass off last season.

And deservedly got a raise just a short time ago.

Last thing we should be talking about on draft day.
Reply/Quote
The bengals are not trading Trey. He will play out the two years on his contract. He will not give up 30mil.
Reply/Quote
I am really questioning the relationships the front has with key players, agents and the local government. It took an embarrassing result from a player survey to change how the front office deals with players amenities such as locker rooms and game day stuff for the families.

Remember this is the same cheap ass organization that would charge players for towels. Talk all you want about changes in the front office but I don’t believe it for one second. Mike Brown management style still permeates the organization. Where my Chevy Lumina?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:12 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I am really questioning the relationships the front has with key players, agents and the local government.  It took an embarrassing result from a player survey to change how the front office deals with players amenities such as locker rooms and game day stuff for the families.  

Remember this is the same cheap ass organization that would charge players for towels.  Talk all you want about changes in the front office but I don’t believe it for one second.  Mike Brown management style still permeates the organization.  Where my Chevy Lumina?

Oh give me a break. Last year Tre was all enamored with the Bengals family, amd hoe they let him do his own training so he could help his wife blah blah blah. This is agent driven without a doubt. What the Bengals should atart doing is calling these players bluffs and trade them to the worst place they can.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:26 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They would have an additional 12 million because of Trey's base pay no longer being used but they would still take a cap hit for the signing bonus they have already paid.  

Presumably they wouldn’t take that hit as Trey would need to pay it back.
Reply/Quote
The solution for Trey is pretty simple. Play out his contact and keep rolling up the sacks for 2 more years and hope he doesn't age badly.  He could go ahead and retire, but nobody is going to pay him extra to do that. I guess he could wait a mere 35 years and collect social security.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:08 AM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: Presumably they wouldn’t take that hit as Trey would need to pay it back.

These guys dont need to pay back their signing bonus when they are traded. The Bengals would be taking close to an 8 million dollar cap hit and losing their top pass rusher on top of that. It doesnt make any sense to trade Hendrickson this year.
Reply/Quote

So what’s your point? The bengals have historically not given in to trade demands. They make a deal they usually stick to it. They expect the same in return. That’s not being emotional if they’re sticking to their principles.

You’re the one using exclamation marks

Reply/Quote
Waiting until after FA is mostly closed is a dirty move from Hendrickson's camp.

Like with Higgins, that extra cap space does not do us any good now. Before we could have went after Josh Allen.
Reply/Quote
But he isn't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote