Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
Apparently they cant even do a new deal till it hits at least 1 year on his current contract anyway (3 months awaY)
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Beat me to it.

He’s definitely a weird dude. I remember thinking as much when he just sat on the bench while the rest of the team celebrated the AFC Championship win.

He’s also skipped OTA’s the last couple years.

I have no idea why some are trying so hard to make this look bad on the Bengal's FO. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Apparently they cant even do a new deal till it hits at least 1 year on his current contract anyway (3 months awaY)

This has been pointed out a few times, yet people want to blame the FO... I don't get it? They even told Trey and his agent they will look at an extension after the season. Put out a good ALL AROUND SEASON and you probably will get your security. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea why some are trying so hard to make this look bad on the Bengal's FO. 

I laugh at the people, who are upset with fans for siding with the "Billionaires" over the players.....Well when the Billionaire is right, then...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:23 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: To retire

Well let him. If he later "unretires" we will still own his rights.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree about the nothing burger. Your hypothesis sounds very plausible too. The leak to Schefter is what really irks me. 

The Bengals could leak to Schefter that they are considering asking the NFL if it would be OK and 

legal for them to give a $1,000,000 BONUS to TJ Watt for getting the 2023 NFL sack Title.   Tongue

Never actually ask the NFL (because Watt is a squealer) just Leak it.   Attitude
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Apparently they cant even do a new deal till it hits at least 1 year on his current contract anyway (3 months awaY)

This is what I thought I read too. He basically has zero loyalty to the team, city, and let alone fans so he is trying to back them into a corner on the eve of the draft so they can trade him off to get a mega deal done elsewhere. This in essence screws the Bengals from making a good trade because whatever teams are intersted know they will have the upper hand in leverage now in getting a good deal. I'm not the biggest fan of him today to say the least. Good riddance if he goes.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 07:11 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: Section 8(a)(i) Renegotiations and Extensions: of the CBA. You can't sign another extension until 12 months after your last extension... so that would be late July/early August.

Why would the Bengals negotiate an extension at this point in time? Are they even allowed to? I don't know the nuances.

His agent is an idiot... "he's going to retire and leave $30mil on the table". Sure thing pal.

Give the keys to Myles and trade this low character wanker to Carolina.

But he wants security LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

This could possibly be a draft day ploy to get them to get rid of Tee next season by drafting a WR and saving the money for guys like Trey.  
There's "only so much corn to feed the hogs" to borrow the idea from MFB.  Better get to eating before it's all gone!

Of course Trey and his agent know very well when the window to redo his current contract is.  I think this is just their way of meddling in the affairs of the front office before the draft.  

Timing is everything.

*Afterthought* I guess I don't blame him if he wants more than Tee. Trey's always kicking ass and always available. Tee will get $21 million and likely miss 5 games this season.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Beat me to it.

He’s definitely a weird dude. I remember thinking as much when he just sat on the bench while the rest of the team celebrated the AFC Championship win.

Yes, he did skip OTA's after getting Taylors OK with it and he said then he greatly appreciated it. Something about a family/wife matter he wanted to be a part of back home. These players have short memories of the favors that are at times granted to them. Bengals FO has done no wrong here.

There is no loyalty as it always comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Reply/Quote
Yeah this is a dumb move by Trey. Nothing can even be done and you just signed the deal. Makes him and his agent look stupid because they can’t even do anything for a few more months. Bengals should not do anything but let him play out his contract. They know they have him for 2 more prime years and probably don’t want him when he’s 32 years old. It’s just smart for the FO.
Player is getting paid, team is getting him for his prime years and not longer. They both agreed to the deal so tough crap. There’s no way they are trading him because he has no leverage. He wants security so he’s going to retire? Yeah that makes sense. I’m sure you’ll find a post-retirement job that pays you $20 million per year. Shut up and play Trey.
Reply/Quote
Trey and Tee to Chargers for Bosa and pick #5. Yeah? I mean it’s an idea
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:09 PM)740Bengal Wrote: See ya bye, you signed a deal last year dude...just get him out. Ship him to Washington or somewhere see how he likes it, we are not paying a 29 year old big money.

No.You don't reward him,by trading him.He just signed the extension 9 months ago.He can either play ,or sit out and make zero.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:15 AM)jason Wrote: I don't change the draft board at all because of this. Trey isn't going anywhere, and 8 believe OT is plan A at 18... So long as it isn't a reach.

Yeah, I am not changing the board, just saying it is an option, Jared Verse could very well fall to us yah never know.

Latham or Mims are the most likely pick tonight though no question.

(04-25-2024, 10:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: The possibility of retirement was mentioned.

Which is more stupidity and makes Trey even less valuable.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well let him. If he later "unretires" we will still own his rights.

Totally agree...The FO gave him more money and an extension just last year. The FO is acting in good faith, Trey and his agent are trying to extort the FO for more money. Did Trey Hendrickson over perform last year? Some would say yes but he signed the contract, he agreed to the terms of the contract and the FO is holding up their end of the deal. When a player, such as, Trae Waynes failed to produce, did the Bengals ask for a refund? This is greed, pure and simple on Trey's part. He and his agent talk about security? Trey already has a lot more security than most of us will ever have. Trey is a very good player but I must question his motives and motivation , for the game itself, if he would rather retire than earn the additional millions he has coming to him by playing football.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I laugh at the people, who are upset with fans for siding with the "Billionaires" over the players.....Well when the Billionaire is right, then...

You would have a great argument if no cap. Bengals spend or carry over 100% of cap each year. 

Also, it is millionaires versus billionaires, one is in his 80" and one in his 20"s so a lot of time to become a billionaire too. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea why some are trying so hard to make this look bad on the Bengal's FO. 

Me either.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me either.....

Don't get it in this situation at all, this is all on Trey and his agent. 

The Bengals FO are the good guys in this situation and Trey signed a contract that he is now trying to get out of, just dumb on their part.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:35 AM)jason Wrote: Agents work for the player and not the other way around. This is Trey Hendrickson.

While true, I definitely think this is more on the agent than Hendrickson: either that or Hendrickson is a really dumb, dumb, DUMB individual, who has 0 semblance of business or practical acumen.

(04-25-2024, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Beat me to it.

The OTAs I agree, but the bench, you could see he was happy and gave a (tiny lol) fist pump, but he seemed to be utterly exhausted or in a ton of pain, because he had a face of near agony
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't get it in this situation at all, this is all on Trey and his agent. 

The Bengals FO are the good guys in this situation and Trey signed a contract that he is now trying to get out of, just dumb on their part.

Who cares who the good guys are? What's best for the team is trading Trey and Tee to the highest bidders. The FO needs to stop being so damn emotional and do what's best for the team!  

Paul Brown had no problems with trading players in the 70s and 80s. Bill Bergy,  Charlie Joyner, Coy Beacon, Lemmar Parrish, and Pete Johnson.

Trey is a 29 going on 30 Edge Rusher who's game is built on pure speed. Those players don't tend to age well and it's best to move on before the decline begins.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote