Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-25-2024, 03:26 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: F him, so tired of this stupidity with agents/athletes.... the Bengals have PAID you. You still have 30mil coming to you.... like wtf?

QB is about the only position where "long term" is the norm. What front office would extend a 30+ year old defensive player starting 2 years down the road? That would be idiotic.

Trey's a good player, but he's not a world beater and sorry Trey... you wouldn't be too difficult to replace.

Kudos to this front office for managing their cap well, we're bottom 5 in dead money... like less than $10mil?... we're gonna double it just to trade you? GTFO.

Man up like Chris Jones and go win a Super Bowl

He would be difficult to replace. He was our best defensive player easily and t-2 for sacks in the league last year. No Trey no pass rush. You can't rely on draft. How did our 1st round pick pan out last year? Don't get me wrong this is a dick move by him the day before the draft especially when he put pen to paper, but fact is he the best player on the D hands down.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:41 AM)depthchart Wrote: I think that Trey battling with TJ Watt for the 2023 NFL Sacks Leader Title up until late in the Season may be impacting his thinking.

Watt ended up with 19 sacks and Trey with 17.5

Trey probably thinks that he upped his game since signing his last extension. (He had 8 sacks in 2022)

With that said, 2023 may end up being his Career year.

He and his Agent probably want to strike while the iron is still hot.

I get that, but he can't even sign an extension yet. There were better ways to go about this. He and his agent can f*** right off. The FO won't do it, but I'd go public about peeping those run support grades if you want elite DE money. He's not a complete player.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Listen to offers for both he and Tee and whoever else wants out. Pretty soon the team is just going to be Burrow and Chase anyway.

That is if Chase doesn't eventually want out too..

Because you know I can totally see that happening.

These young players are a different breed. It's all about $ for the most part.

It’s always about the money. It never wasn’t about the money. It’s not a young generation. Please tell me you wouldn’t ask for a raise or you would ask for less money than you know you should be paid at your job?

Just because these people have more zero’s behind their paychecks, doesn’t mean it’s any different. Every ceo, every musician, every executive, every politician, every athlete, every human, wants more money. They aren’t playing a game. They are in their career. It just happens to be a game, one that generates BILLIONS of dollars and makes a lot of people a lot of money. They want to be paid appropriately.

And if we’re tossing blame on “this generation”, can we toss some blame on Burrow? Why did he sign the highest nfl contract ever? Everyone else can’t ask for their worth but burrow can? They all can and all should.

Trey is worth $25M/year. He’s been a non stop beast his entire time here. He hustles on every play and in the playoffs, he’s the only guy getting pressure. He’s more important to this team than Tee or anyone not numbered 9 or 1. He’s 29 I think a 3 year contract, $75M, $40m guaranteed, with an out after 2 years is completely realistic for his talents.
Reply/Quote
The fact he just got a raise last year makes him look a bit bad... imo. he agreed to that deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:05 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: Sorry man, that's not really the way the world works. The guy signed an extension last year, even after his production dropped off. I'm tired of these athletes somehow being perceived as special in the grand scheme. You make decisions, and sometimes there are consequences.... 

This is how the world works. I do medical device sales. We have strong non competes because we build strong relationships with physicians. I signed a 1 year contract that guaranteed me 8% commission. I then crushed it, and was offered a 2 year contract before the last one ended, for 12% commission. I have 8 months left on that deal and guess what, I’m going back to my company and demanding another contract extension and I’m asking for 15%. Most reps don’t even get these contracts, so it’s not like I have to have a contract to be employed. I could just be employed and get the normal commission rates. They do these contracts for the top talents.

I literally signed 2 contract extensions and in the middle of my last one, I’m going to ask for another one and more money.

I work extremely hard, perform extremely high, bring in a lot of reveme for the company, I want to be take care of me and my family, and be paid my worth. Or should I not, because it’s for the good of my company to take less?

Trey has 2 years left on his deal. He’s underpaid in my opinion. It sucks for us fans who aren’t the ones getting the paycheck, and want that money to be used to get even more star players; but he deserves a better contract. It’s business.
Reply/Quote
Trey definitely outplayed his contract, the Bengals got a great value in extending him. That said, they drafted Murphy to replace someone in the future.

I think Trey plays as a Bengal this season, and if his tune doesn't change, the Bengals make the moves to backfill next off season.

He is going nowhere this year unless someone comes in with a blockbuster deal. The Bengals have him on too good of a value contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:14 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: This is how the world works. I do medical device sales. We have strong non competes because we build strong relationships with physicians. I signed a 1 year contract that guaranteed me 8% commission. I then crushed it, and was offered a 2 year contract before the last one ended, for 12% commission. I have 8 months left on that deal and guess what, I’m going back to my company and demanding another contract extension and I’m asking for 15%. Most reps don’t even get these contracts, so it’s not like I have to have a contract to be employed. I could just be employed and get the normal commission rates. They do these contracts for the top talents.

I literally signed 2 contract extensions and in the middle of my last one, I’m going to ask for another one and more money.

I work extremely hard, perform extremely high, bring in a lot of reveme for the company, I want to be take care of me and my family, and be paid my worth. Or should I not, because it’s for the good of my company to take less?

Trey has 2 years left on his deal. He’s underpaid in my opinion. It sucks for us fans who aren’t the ones getting the paycheck, and want that money to be used to get even more star players; but he deserves a better contract. It’s business.

Are you threatening to hold out of your current contract unless it is re-done ?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:41 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Are you threatening to hold out of your current contract unless it is re-done ?

No, I threaten to go to any one of my 4 competitors who would love to sign me.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:26 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: F him, so tired of this stupidity with agents/athletes.... the Bengals have PAID you. You still have 30mil coming to you.... like wtf?

QB is about the only position where "long term" is the norm. What front office would extend a 30+ year old defensive player starting 2 years down the road? That would be idiotic.

Trey's a good player, but he's not a world beater and sorry Trey... you wouldn't be too difficult to replace.

Kudos to this front office for managing their cap well, we're bottom 5 in dead money... like less than $10mil?... we're gonna double it just to trade you? GTFO.

Man up like Chris Jones and go win a Super Bowl

This is incorrect. Just because a player pisses off the fans, doesn't mean he's any less valuable on the field. Trey was neck and neck with TJ Watt last year with the most sacks, and Trey wasn't allowed to line up offsides on every play. He would be VERY difficult to replace. That said, this is a dick move by his agent. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:41 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Are you threatening to hold out of your current contract unless it is re-done ?

Is Trey threatening to hold out?
Reply/Quote

Sorry, not trying to make this about me. Just using my situation, as an example of how these things happen even in normal jobs.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:14 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: This is how the world works. I do medical device sales. We have strong non competes because we build strong relationships with physicians. I signed a 1 year contract that guaranteed me 8% commission. I then crushed it, and was offered a 2 year contract before the last one ended, for 12% commission. I have 8 months left on that deal and guess what, I’m going back to my company and demanding another contract extension and I’m asking for 15%. Most reps don’t even get these contracts, so it’s not like I have to have a contract to be employed. I could just be employed and get the normal commission rates. They do these contracts for the top talents.

Ok, but you'll still be finishing that contract before you leave, you won't be traded. If you have a non compete, you won't be going to the competition either.  He signed this current deal. He's free to play on it, or go home and retire for at least two years. He could've simply asked for an extension, and if it didn't pan out, he could leave a free agent at the completion of the terms. This is just bush league.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would they rethink the DE position in any way ?   Maybe push it up the ladder some as an option ?

Maybe the Bengals don't blink at all but Trey brought himself to the forefront as not being a totally happy camper.

I don't think so. I think the plan was and still is Trey Hendrickson for two more years, then Murphy or another younger (and cheaper) option takes over. I think the Bengals hold all the cards here. He signed the contract (not even a year ago), and he needs to play it out... Or fire his agent.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It's fine guys. Bengals thought ahead last draft and got a suitiable replacmenet in Myles Murph...

bwahahahhahahhha
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is incorrect. Just because a player pisses off the fans, doesn't mean he's any less valuable on the field. Trey was neck and neck with TJ Watt last year with the most sacks, and Trey wasn't allowed to line up offsides on every play. He would be VERY difficult to replace. That said, this is a dick move by his agent. 

He's not neck and neck with Watt as a player though. Trey is a great pass rusher no doubt, but he's not a complete game wrecker like a Watt, Garrett, Crosby, or Parsons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Slept on it and **** Trey HenDICKson for doing this the day before the draft. Dude went from hero to zero real quick and I hope they grant his wish!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:01 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Slept on it and **** Trey HenDICKson for doing this the day before the draft. Dude went from hero to zero real quick and I hope they grant his wish!

It's natural fans have reactions when we learn about such news, but I'm with you. After thinking it over further it makes me have less respect for Trey. The dude received a nice extension and doesn't even want to finish it out. His agent must have convinced him that his sack total warranted a new deal. I know that is a speculative statement, but this news seemingly came out of nowhere. What could have prompted this other than there is more pieces of pie to have with the expanded cap?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They DID extend him though. This is on Trey if he’s not happy with the deal he signed.

I mean no joke
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:22 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha my brother. This one isn't on the Brown/Blackburn family or on Duke, this is just strange agent BS with one of our best players
and him letting it happen and it is worse than Tee even being right before the Draft and being paid so well anyways and being one of the 
worst run stopping Ends in the league. If you are going to ask for a ton of money, everyone has to look at your weakness now.

Jared Verse is one hell of a run stopper BTW and a good pass rusher and I am all for him now if he is there at 18.

I don't change the draft board at all because of this. Trey isn't going anywhere, and 8 believe OT is plan A at 18... So long as it isn't a reach.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 02:45 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I have no issue criticizing them if they deserve it, but how the hell do they deserve it in Trey's case? They gave him 21m in new money AFTER his sack totals dropped from 14 to 8. Trey and his agent could have rode out his deal and looked for a big payday in free agency next year, but they chose the extension instead. How is that the Bengals fault? If Trey and Lewis are dissatisfied with their current situation, it's their own fault. 

Not only that, but Lewis stated that the Bengals said they would consider another extension next year. But now, with this public trade request / retirement talk, they've shot themselves in the foot there too. Just a moronic move altogether from the Trey camp, IMO.

It's a culmination of everything. Trey's case in a vaccum sure, I can look past it. But when these issues continue to arise it's like OK...something is up here. 

Then you have stories come out like Whit's...and that's pretty damning. That wasn't even that long ago.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote