Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-24-2024, 11:34 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hendrickson signed a large contract with the Bengals for 60 million in 2021.  Just two years into this large contract (2023) he goes to Bengals management demanding a raise.  They gave him one even though he was only half way through the original contract.  Now Hendrickson is going back again this year wanting another raise.  This is the 3rd time in 4 years he has come to the Bengals for a contract raise.  And not even 4 years as he has only played 3 seasons for the Bengals so far.   When is enough, enough.

DO NOT let these facts get in the way of those that get the point..

Never forget Whit!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:25 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: After watching and listening to the interview with Whit, I now believe what Higgins said, that the Front Office has not communicated or reached out to Higgins very much.  What a bad look for the FO.

Two sides to every story.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Trade him. How much worse can the defense get…..

He’s got a manageable contract that can garner a 1st. Tomlin said it best.

It’s a bad look for him.

I've never been one to give the Brown family a pass. I wasn't happy with the Whitworth deal. Having said that....the guy signed an extension LAST ****ING SEASON. Again, f*** that guy. I absolutely am siding with the FO on this one. I don't like the Higgins situation, but I understand the business and cap side. They still could probably get creative and keep him. Tee DID NOT just sign an extension last season. I see his side, I see the FO perspective a little. What's next? Joe Burrow wanting a raise because the cap increased? I doubt it, he's not a b**tch.  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DO NOT let these facts get in the way of those that get the point..

Never forget Whit!!

I like the sarcasm Bfine.  Smirk

A lot of people are overreacting rightfully so with this Trey news, just the way it goes. This is on Trey and his agent not the FO for giving
them a contract that was signed. Trey is a horrible run stopper, too bad we don't have a proven pass rusher that can stay healthy yet or we
would be able to trade him without as much turmoil.

Just sad that Trey let this happen, it is up to him in the end I figure and I don't find it smart by him or Tee in their actions with their agents.

We will see how this is handled, pretty sure these players will end up being the ones who look bad which sucks as the fans love these guys.

They have done a lot for us, money is the root of all evil though. This is more proof of this fact, changes even the best people.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He literally has zero leverage. The Bengals have it all. Trey is under contract for 2 more seasons.

Going public the day before the draft is a shit move....no two ways about it. Maybe the FO should counter that he needs to play a complete game and stop a run or two if he wants to get paid like a complete DE. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've never been one to give the Brown family a pass. I wasn't happy with the Whitworth deal. Having said that....the guy signed an extension LAST ****ING SEASON. Again, f*** that guy. I absolutely am siding with the FO on this one. I don't like the Higgins situation, but I understand the business and cap side. They still could probably get creative and keep him. Tee DID NOT just sign an extension last season. I see his side, I see the FO perspective a little. What's next? Joe Burrow wanting a raise because the cap increased? I doubt it, he's not a b**tch.  Mellow

I getcha my brother. This one isn't on the Brown/Blackburn family or on Duke, this is just strange agent BS with one of our best players
and him letting it happen and it is worse than Tee even being right before the Draft and being paid so well anyways and being one of the 
worst run stopping Ends in the league. If you are going to ask for a ton of money, everyone has to look at your weakness now.

Jared Verse is one hell of a run stopper BTW and a good pass rusher and I am all for him now if he is there at 18.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:34 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hendrickson signed a large contract with the Bengals for 60 million in 2021.  Just two years into this large contract (2023) he goes to Bengals management demanding a raise.  They gave him one even though he was only half way through the original contract.  Now Hendrickson is going back again this year wanting another raise.  This is the 3rd time in 4 years he has come to the Bengals for a contract raise.  And not even 4 years as he has only played 3 seasons for the Bengals so far.   When is enough, enough.

On point again. Eventually you have to say no. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:22 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha my brother. This one isn't on the Brown/Blackburn family or on Duke, this is just strange agent BS with one of our best players
and him letting it happen and it is worse than Tee even being right before the Draft and being paid so well anyways and being one of the 
worst run stopping Ends in the league. If you are going to ask for a ton of money, everyone has to look at your weakness now.

Jared Verse is one hell of a run stopper BTW and a good pass rusher and I am all for him now if he is there at 18.

I'm not even upset with Higgins. I've never blamed guys in the past for wanting traded. However, not one of those players had just signed an extension after bitching about a raise and gotten it. Maybe New Orleans let him go for a reason.....

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not even upset with Higgins. I've never blamed guys in the past for wanting traded. However, not one of those players had just signed an extension after bitching about a raise and gotten it. Maybe New Orleans let him go for a reason.....

Right when Sheldon Rankins his so called bro from NO just got brought in as well?

Just strange all the way around and yeah, there is no excuse for this from Trey Hendrickson's side and it sucks for all of us who always loved the guy.

I am with you, kick rocks Trey, major F UP here! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:34 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hendrickson signed a large contract with the Bengals for 60 million in 2021. Just two years into this large contract (2023) he goes to Bengals management demanding a raise. They gave him one even though he was only half way through the original contract. Now Hendrickson is going back again this year wanting another raise. This is the 3rd time in 4 years he has come to the Bengals for a contract raise. And not even 4 years as he has only played 3 seasons for the Bengals so far. When is enough, enough.

Seems like he needs a new agent. That’s who he should be upset with. Not the Bengals FO.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:31 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Right when Sheldon Rankins his so called bro from NO just got brought in as well?

Just strange all the way around and yeah, there is no excuse for this from Trey Hendrickson's side and it sucks for all of us who always loved the guy.

I am with you, kick rocks Trey, major F UP here! Mellow

Absolutely. My old sig was "find someone who loves you as much as Mike Brown loves Marvin Lewis." I've certainly never been called supportive of the front office, lol. This is just baffling to me though. You literally signed an extension just last year. You signed one of the biggest contracts for your position at the time you came to Cincinnati. Now you're demanding a trade? I wonder if the letters F.O. mean anything to him.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seems like he needs a new agent. That’s who he should be upset with. Not the Bengals FO.

F'n lawyers lol

Bob Sugar bastid. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not even upset with Higgins. I've never blamed guys in the past for wanting traded. However, not one of those players had just signed an extension after bitching about a raise and gotten it. Maybe New Orleans let him go for a reason.....

I think that Trey battling with TJ Watt for the 2023 NFL Sacks Leader Title up until late in the Season may be impacting his thinking.

Watt ended up with 19 sacks and Trey with 17.5

Trey probably thinks that he upped his game since signing his last extension. (He had 8 sacks in 2022)

With that said, 2023 may end up being his Career year.

He and his Agent probably want to strike while the iron is still hot.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely. My old sig was "find someone who loves you as much as Mike Brown loves Marvin Lewis." I've certainly never been called supportive of the front office, lol. This is just baffling to me though. You literally signed an extension just last year. You signed one of the biggest contracts for your position at the time you came to Cincinnati. Now you're demanding a trade? I wonder if the letters F.O. mean anything to him.

It is very strange. I am not an FO guy at all myself, don't know how Weezy and the others turned this on the FO here.

This is completely different. He signed what he wanted and like 007 said must of just seen how the Cap went up and how others were
paid and his agent talked him into this dumb shit. I would never let that happen and I never said it before with the Tee situation that if I 
was a true Bengals fan like Tee claimed to be I would of taken a bit under the 20 mil number to stay here with Burrow and win a Supe.

But hey, this is worse than the Tee deal and Trey actually is the better player as he brings a pass rush we might not be able to duplicate.

Just a shitty thing to do to everyone around you that loved you.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He literally has zero leverage. The Bengals have it all. Trey is under contract for 2 more seasons.

No player has leverage over the Bengals front office since they own the team.  They could trade Burrow and Chase straight up for Zach Wilson and Chase Claypool and they'll still be "the GM" until they die.

Hence the family business knock. Bengals front office is a job that is only earned through birthright and removed via the icy grip of the grave. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No player has leverage over the Bengals front office since they own the team.  They could trade Burrow and Chase straight up for Zach Wilson and Chase Claypool and they'll still be "the GM" until they die.

Hence the family business knock. Bengals front office is a job that is only earned through birthright and removed via the icy grip of the grave. 

Disgusting. Sick
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No player has leverage over the Bengals front office since they own the team.  They could trade Burrow and Chase straight up for Zach Wilson and Chase Claypool and they'll still be "the GM" until they die.

I'd say the majority of NFL teams (outside of Green Bay) are owned by the Front Office.

Don't see the Bengals as unique in this dynamic. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:45 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Absolutely a great watch. Fantastic insight into what goes on behind the scenes to see how players can feel mistreated. Whitworth should never have been treated like this as he was an absolute definition of the player you want on your team.

My takeaway from watching that video is that Duke Tobin may not be that great at communication. One thing in common from what Whitworth and what other disgruntled players have said, is the lack of communication from the front office.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This interview with Whitworth is good perspective about how this stuff is viewed and handled. The communication from the front office to it's veteran, good players regarding contracts and extensions has been ASS lately. You cannot convince me otherwise. Multiple players have come out and said as much. They need to get their shit together.

https://x.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1783288248925557235

For the life of me I don't understand how some of you can continue to give this FO a pass on personnel stuff like this. 

I have no issue criticizing them if they deserve it, but how the hell do they deserve it in Trey's case? They gave him 21m in new money AFTER his sack totals dropped from 14 to 8. Trey and his agent could have rode out his deal and looked for a big payday in free agency next year, but they chose the extension instead. How is that the Bengals fault? If Trey and Lewis are dissatisfied with their current situation, it's their own fault. 

Not only that, but Lewis stated that the Bengals said they would consider another extension next year. But now, with this public trade request / retirement talk, they've shot themselves in the foot there too. Just a moronic move altogether from the Trey camp, IMO.
Reply/Quote
If true, I don't like this one bit. Trey is our only consistent pass rusher and has been one of my favorite FA signings to date. I can't fault the guy wanting to get paid like these top pass rushers, his numbers on the field stack up...I just hate that he signed that extension last year and this could really turn the fan base against him if he is seen as greedy. Like others have said, if he really wants out (paid elsewhere) and he can pull you a late 1st or early 2nd, you have to really consider it. It would definitely alter draft plans, making DE a very likely possibility at 18. Possibly even double-dipped within the first 4 rounds, depending on how we spend those multiple thirds.
Reply/Quote