Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-24-2024, 10:11 PM)phil413 Wrote: You're probably right on the Reader connection.  It's actually surprising we don't see more vets calling this pattern into the open.  Vets that know that they aren't getting a 3rd contract with the Bengals may be more likely to take that into account when they sign the 2nd.  They're very cut and dry according to the Whit interview posted. 

Hendrickson signed the extension, he had to know this would happen unless the team told him something like play worth and extension and we will talk before the draft.  Rather than assume though, Hendrickson does have leverage as the defense indeed would be in trouble as others have said.  He's actually doing them a favor as maybe the threat moves them to take a DT that can pressure the QB over RT in the 1st.  

He literally has zero leverage. The Bengals have it all. Trey is under contract for 2 more seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's been 8 years since we didn't extend Whit. Let it go.

You're completely missing the point. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yet they just stole players away from two of the better teams last year in the Ravens and Texans.

Solid signings, yes.

I’m honestly starting to think it might be ideal to trade both of them and hit the reset on the dline and WR2.

Free up cap and attain 3 total 1st round picks this year.
You have to hit on all of them but at least those 3 players are here for 5 years on the cheap. Makes it easier to pay the elite players left on the roster and keep the team together for longer.

But losing that many top end players in 2 seasons makes the margin for error small.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:17 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Trey saying he hopes they reconsider and extend him.
Kelsey Conway said she spoke with his agent and he also is thinking about retiring
I would think that is just threatening/posturing as he is not that old and still very productive.

Child please. LOL

Reply/Quote
After watching and listening to the interview with Whit, I now believe what Higgins said, that the Front Office has not communicated or reached out to Higgins very much. What a bad look for the FO.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He literally has zero leverage. The Bengals have it all. Trey is under contract for 2 more seasons.

To clarify, I agree that he has no leverage to get the Bengals to redo or extend his deal.  He does though know that the Bengals depended heavily on him and if he wants to upnand retire like Whit said he threatened to do in the clip, he may get a similar meeting with Mike. 

So, from your perspective yes the Blackburns may say we are out of this.  I'm supportive of reminding him that he knew what he signed up for.  I'm just saying if he wants to walk it would make a big impact on Cincy's plans and that along with Tee could create bad press with Chase still not extended.  Cincy can absolutely wait it out, which they should, but I shouldn't have said leverage (that implies power to leverage a deal) but he has power to either cause a distraction or put a dent in the roster if he goes nuclear. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You're completely missing the point. 

Most likely, because  I don't see the correlation between letting Whit walk in 2017 and a player/agent under contract they just signed last year by the "team who doesn't sign their good players" wanting to be traded.

Perhaps the "point getters" do. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:25 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: After watching and listening to the interview with Whit, I now believe what Higgins said, that the Front Office has not communicated or reached out to Higgins very much.  What a bad look for the FO.

Now Higgins is a totally different situation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Like Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football and the Brown family is Lucy. I doubt I will ever see a Bengal SB win in my life. Been waiting almost 40 years.

This certainly takes away excitement. Multiple players want traded. Brown family has apparently changed next to nothing. More like smoke and mirrors. Burrow multiple bad injuries going into season 5 already. D sucks. Not winning anything with a crap D. Still super questionable O line. I'll be shocked if we even make the playoffs this year. We can't beat anyone in our division. Nothing has gotten better since last year. I try so hard not to be negative and the Bengals just frickin make it so easy. Ugh.

You suck Trey. lol.
Reply/Quote
Culture.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I say trade Tee for sure. Trey is not going anywhere this year.

A hard question - if Burrow is so good then why do the Bengals need a great WR2 when they already have a great WR1?
KCs QB got it done with a mediocre (at best) WR crew and a great TE. Shouldn’t Burrow be able to get similar results with Chase and other WRs?

I say load up on DL/OL in the draft and take a receiver or two. If they could get a pick at the top of round 2 for Tee then do it.
Reply/Quote
This means we are likely looking at, not a DE in the first but a WR. Like another poster said (sorry didn’t catch the name) This may force their hand to trade Tee to free up money to pay Trey. Not excited about a WR in the first but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
I hate to break the news to Tee and Trey but if they are playing football in 2024, it's going to be for the Cincinnati Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Listen to offers for both he and Tee and whoever else wants out. Pretty soon the team is just going to be Burrow and Chase anyway.

That is if Chase doesn't eventually want out too..

Because you know I can totally see that happening.

These young players are a different breed. It's all about $ for the most part.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Listen to offers for both he and Tee and whoever else wants out. Pretty soon the team is just going to be Burrow and Chase anyway.

That is if Chase doesn't eventually want out too..

Because you know I can totally see that happening.

These young players are a different breed. It's all about $ for the most part.

I agree.
Listen to the offers.

But if they lose both players I think they wont be able to spend up to the cap.
Maybe it makes sense to keep one of them.
Or both. 

The draft will be interesting. It's a must win.
They better not reach.
Reply/Quote
The way I look at it. He signed a contract to play for this much for this long. Live up to it!
Reply/Quote
What a distraction for the team the night of draft. It's the lead story on espn.com, sucking up more oxygen than any other story. Which means the Bengals front office will have to deal with that prior to the draft. I hope they have the right personalities to come out of this a winner for the franchise, the draft and any trades.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:12 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: The way I look at it. He signed a contract to play for this much for this long. Live up to it!

While I agree, the flip side is the owners don’t have to live up to the contract. It should be that both team and player are on the hook once pen is on paper.

As far as Hendrickson goes, I’m not sure what he wants. He is already one of the highest paid at his position.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: While I agree, the flip side is the owners don’t have to live up to the contract. It should be that both team and player are on the hook once pen is on paper.

As far as Hendrickson goes, I’m not sure what he wants. He is already one of the highest paid at his position.

True, but usually there is a buyout, or money they still have to pay if they cut or release a player.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson signed a large contract with the Bengals for 60 million in 2021. Just two years into this large contract (2023) he goes to Bengals management demanding a raise. They gave him one even though he was only half way through the original contract. Now Hendrickson is going back again this year wanting another raise. This is the 3rd time in 4 years he has come to the Bengals for a contract raise. And not even 4 years as he has only played 3 seasons for the Bengals so far. When is enough, enough.
Reply/Quote