Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-24-2024, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trade both to AZ for picks #4 and #35 and pick Marin Harrison Jr. and whomever is best at #35.
I'd dig it, but I don't think AZ would bite.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Just how much will this change how the Bengals approach the Draft ?

Do they now think more of Trading TEE to free up Money to pay Trey ?   Or just make both Trade me players play for Cincy in 2024 ?

The Draft PLAN  Pre Trey Trade request -versus- Post Trey Trade request.  (Will it be the same Plan ?)
Reply/Quote
Trade him. How much worse can the defense get…..

He’s got a manageable contract that can garner a 1st. Tomlin said it best.

It’s a bad look for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:45 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Absolutely a great watch. Fantastic insight into what goes on behind the scenes to see how players can feel mistreated. Whitworth should never have been treated like this as he was an absolute definition of the player you want on your team.

Great post. I never saw this interview.

If the bengals kept whit, I wonder if they would have won the Super Bowl a few years ago with him in his last year.

Definitely some questionable decision making up top, from the current and future management.
Reply/Quote
It's been 8 years since we didn't extend Whit. Let it go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:53 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Just how much will this change how the Bengals approach the Draft ?

Do they now think more of Trading TEE to free up Money to pay Trey ?   Or just make both Trade me players play for Cincy in 2024 ?

The Draft PLAN  Pre Trey Trade request -versus- Post Trey Trade request.  (Will it be the same Plan ?)

This changes nothing when it comes to the draft. They aren't trading him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Great post. I never saw this interview.

If the bengals kept whit, I wonder if they would have won the Super Bowl a few years ago with him in his last year.

Definitely some questionable decision making up top, from the current and future management.

"What if" is never how you'd imagine it.  In this alternate universe the Bengals likely don't have any of the same players that have wore the uniform recently. 

Once I learned that it prevented me from playing this game especially once it's a few years out.. think you could still make that argument 1 year in hypothetically depending on if the move is relatively cheap.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:10 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I saw this on X from Jesee James. I have no clue if he is correct here, but i thought i should  share.

Section 8(a)(i) Renegotiations and Extensions: of the CBA. Trey can’t get a new contract until 12 months from the date he signed an extension.

This is correct. Trey signed a 1 year extension through the 2025 season on July 27, 2023. So, no renegotiation can be finalized until July 27. However, that does not prevent a trade and subsequent renegotiation with the new team after July.

I don’t blame Trey nor his agent for wanting more money/years/guarantees and this trade request is basically his only leverage.  I expect he may hold out of OTA’s and maybe training camp, but will play this season.

The chance that the Bengals make a trade is slim and none.

My main concern is how all these trade request moves are affecting locker room morale and our much vaunted culture.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:45 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Absolutely a great watch. Fantastic insight into what goes on behind the scenes to see how players can feel mistreated. Whitworth should never have been treated like this as he was an absolute definition of the player you want on your team.

This is very interesting and you know Whit is telling the truth because why wouldn’t he?
All this talk about old Mike being the issue and that Katie will change things just to find out her and Mr Katie were the ones who pushed Whit out of town. Doesn’t make me excited for the future and now I’m questioning how they are dealing with Tee and Trey. Sure they are both under contract and (especially Trey) the timing is bad but you have to wonder how they have been spoken to. It’s one thing to respectfully deny requests or have conversations but quite another to just shine off the player.

I still think both players are probably asking for too much but I’m sure the FO isnt helping the situation.
I also believe they will get Chases deal done. They will pay the superstars (Burrow/Chase/) but I think the stars (Tee/Trey) are asking for more than they are comfortable with. I also get why they aren’t revisiting Treys deal. Can’t do it every year so he should be mad at his agent not the team.
Reply/Quote
Would y’all trade him if it meant they could afford Tee.

Spend another high pick on a DE this draft and trust the process.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:59 PM)jason Wrote: This changes nothing when it comes to the draft. They aren't trading him.

Would they rethink the DE position in any way ?   Maybe push it up the ladder some as an option ?

Maybe the Bengals don't blink at all but Trey brought himself to the forefront as not being a totally happy camper.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Would y’all trade him if it meant they could afford Tee.

No. A top 5 pass rusher is much harder to replace than a WR2.

Reply/Quote
I think it’s likely we see no trade for either Higgins or Hendrickson.

What sucks is this is not a good look for the organization.

Whit has already talked publicly about how bad they screwed up with him.
Now other elite players are having issues.
Definitely makes Cincy a less desirable landing spot from the perspective of players.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:42 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I bet this started when they didn’t pay Reader.
Probably got Trey thinking.

I also think players would be more willing to stay if we won a Super Bowl recently.

Would definitely suck to lose Reader and Hendrickson in the same offseason.

If they could trade him for a top ten pick that would be nice.
But I don’t know what kind of cap damage you see from the trade.

I’m guessing they won’t trade him but you never know.

Definitely worth tuning into the draft this year.

Bengals seem to be losing a lot of their best players the last two years and it’s showed in terms of the results, specifically on defense.

You're probably right on the Reader connection.  It's actually surprising we don't see more vets calling this pattern into the open.  Vets that know that they aren't getting a 3rd contract with the Bengals may be more likely to take that into account when they sign the 2nd.  They're very cut and dry according to the Whit interview posted. 

Hendrickson signed the extension, he had to know this would happen unless the team told him something like play worth and extension and we will talk before the draft.  Rather than assume though, Hendrickson does have leverage as the defense indeed would be in trouble as others have said.  He's actually doing them a favor as maybe the threat moves them to take a DT that can pressure the QB over RT in the 1st.  
Reply/Quote
Some interesting quotes from Treys agent. “Family business” is to me a bit of a shot at the organization and the way they run things/pay guys…

"I have a lot of respect for the organization," Lewis said. "[Vice president] Troy Blackburn's a good guy and he's running a family business over there. But every player wants security. They want to know that they're going to be around there for a while. This is a vicious game."
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:10 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think it’s likely we see no trade for either Higgins or Hendrickson.

What sucks is this is not a good look for the organization.

Whit has already talked publicly about how bad they screwed up with him.
Now other elite players are having issues.
Definitely makes Cincy a less desirable landing spot from the perspective of players.

Yet they just stole players away from two of the better teams last year in the Ravens and Texans.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:11 PM)phil413 Wrote: You're probably right on the Reader connection.  It's actually surprising we don't see more vets calling this pattern into the open.  Vets that know that they aren't getting a 3rd contract with the Bengals may be more likely to take that into account when they sign the 2nd.  They're very cut and dry according to the Whit interview posted. 

Hendrickson signed the extension, he had to know this would happen unless the team told him something like play worth and extension and we will talk before the draft.  Rather than assume though, Hendrickson does have leverage as the defense indeed would be in trouble as others have said.  He's actually doing them a favor as maybe the threat moves them to take a DT that can pressure the QB over RT in the 1st.  

I’m not saying letting Reader go was a bad move either. I just think he definitely freed up Hendrickson to make plays. So you lose that presence and maybe his numbers dip this year.

They aren’t paying him long term like he wants, same with Higgins and Bates. That all weighs on his mind I’m sure.

They absolutely have to nail the draft this year.
Reply/Quote
A top 5 pass rusher on a historically bad defense.

If the Offense is in tact with the big three, trading Hendrickson and fixing the Tee drama may right the culture ship.

Do we need a top 5 pass rusher to have a top 15 defense.

Hendrickson brings it and has but he isn’t home grown talent so I say it isn’t with the negative energy. Murphy, Ossai, Sample and another 1st or 2nd round DE can get the D to solid.

Reply/Quote
Trey saying he hopes they reconsider and extend him.
Kelsey Conway said she spoke with his agent and he also is thinking about retiring
I would think that is just threatening/posturing as he is not that old and still very productive.
Reply/Quote