Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-24-2024, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A second straight 1st round backup DE while Burrow's career starts slipping away because we refuse to fix the OL? I would be.

They haven't refused to fix the Offensive line.  The last 3 free agency periods they have signed Cappa, Karras, Orlando Brown Jr.  and then Trent Brown. That is 4 offensive linemen that have won Super Bowls protecting Brady and Mahomes  who are now protecting Burrow.  Everyone of them have been an upgrade in talent to the guys they replaced.  You may not like the fact the Bengals havent spent early round picks on offensive linemen but what they have done instead is spent money on proven quality free agents at those positions.  This claim they have refused to fix the offensive line is ridiculous and completely untrue given what the Bengals have invested in it the last 3 years. 
Reply/Quote
That Myles Murphy pick is looking a lot better today than at anytime in the last year for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bingo. Wtf is this shit? You inked an extension and now you wanna bail? I really like this dude, but if this is legit, he can kick rocks. I get the Tee Higgins sentiment, and I will like him regardless of what winds up happening. But this? This is bullshit. Straight up.

Yep, I don't like this crap at all. I'm speechless
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I saw this on X from Jesee James. I have no clue if he is correct here, but i thought i should share.

Section 8(a)(i) Renegotiations and Extensions: of the CBA. Trey can’t get a new contract until 12 months from the date he signed an extension.
Reply/Quote
Well, this news is disappointing.

To say the fn least.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Man… was hoping this was just some bullshit in the YouTube comments when I saw Trey made trade request.

Shocked this is real.

Have to wonder what the market would be for a top notch pass rusher.

Highly doubtful he is going anywhere. We are usually not in the market to trade away our best players.

But our D was super poop WITH him last year. So never say never.

Starting to wonder if we need to trade Tee and Trey and power through a mini rebuild considering we already have 10 draft picks.

This is probably the smartest move. If you don't want to go all in trying to win this year then don't waste a year with malcontents. Just start getting ready for the next run.
Reply/Quote
WTF Trey?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is surprising and disappointing. He’s probably “underpaid” but he did just sign the extension. Timing is bad and this defense has no pass rush without him. Hoping he realizes he’s not going anywhere and puts up another great year. Also hoping Murphy takes a giant leap in year 2.
This is not good either way.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't know what you do... now you have two disgruntled stars that directly effects our SB chances.

You can replace Higgins with a Rookie WR in my opinion but Hendrickson is a huge hole. You'd be banking on 2nd year Murphy and Hubbard who's getting up in age with little to no depth.

Flip side though Hendrickson trade value may be a 1st or 2nd.

Hubbard provides zero pass rush. If u wanna see what we will look like without Hendrickson go watch the Tennessee playoff game. Hubbard is sue to be replaced.

Hendrickson just screwed us. There isn’t anyone in this draft to trade Hendrickson for a pick for. And Idk who u could get in a trade.
But we f’d
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:04 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Just the way he and or his agent are handling this. If they feel the recent contract was under valued why not quietly go to Katie and or Duke and explain how they feel and is there a possibility of renegotiating a new deal a bit differently. This way it looks like stamping of feet and rattling the bars on the playpen.

They went to the Bengals last year demanding Trey get a raise when he still had 2 years left on his contract.  The Bengals caved in and gave him a raise but added another year on the contract for doing so.   Remember last year when Trey got the 1 year extension and all the fans on here were saying the one year extension was a little odd and didnt make much sense?  Its because Trey and his agent went to the Bengals demanding a raise and the Bengals gave it to him. That's what the whole 1 year extension last year was about. Trey getting a large raise in pay.

The cap took a big jump this year and it looks like Trey and his agent have went back to the Bengals wanting another raise after they just gave him one last year.  The Bengals said no this time so Trey is pouting demanding a trade.  You cant keep going back every year demanding more money when the salary cap increases.  Should Joe Burrow go back to the Bengals front office and demand more money because the salary cap took a big jump?  Maybe do it again next year when the salary cap takes another large jump?  
Reply/Quote
I really don't think most of the NFL players or any pro athlete for that matter care about winning a championship or the big ring. It's money money money money be damned. I'd bet most of them would sign a huge guaranteed contract with some no name first year team. Watch the Bengals have problems signing Chase to a contract as well. Bookmark it.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:24 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Hubbard provides zero pass rush. If u wanna see what we will look like without Hendrickson go watch the Tennessee playoff game. Hubbard is sue to be replaced.

Hendrickson just screwed us. There isn’t anyone in this draft to trade Hendrickson for a pick for. And Idk who u could get in a trade.
But we f’d

Screwed us how? He has two more years on his contract. Eff him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:37 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Per Schefter

"Bengals three-time Pro-Bowl DE Trey Hendrickson has requested to be traded from Cincinnati, per league source. Hendrickson is due to make $15 million this season, and is looking for more long-term security than Cincinnati has been willing to offer."
This won't happen because the Bengals' policy is no long term deals for players over 30.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
your request is denied. see you at ota's
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Screwed us how?  He has two more years on his contract. Eff him.

Exactly, what's he going to do, tank the season? It will only reflect negatively upon him when his free agency does roll around.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He wants what he's worth and more years. 

Bates 
Higgins
Hendrickson
Jonah

Pay you're ***** good players. Cheap ass organization. 

He signed an extension last year. I think it’s bs players don’t honor the contracts they sign, but neither do the owners. I honestly think this is all a smoke screen. Why wait till the day before the draft. Complete dick move if true.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:32 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I really don't think most of the NFL players or any pro athlete for that matter care about winning a championship or the big ring. It's money money money money be damned. I'd bet most of them would sign a huge guaranteed contract with some no name first year team. Watch the Bengals have problems signing Chase to a contract as well. Bookmark it.

Highly doubtful. Two positions they do actually pay are QB (Palmer, Burrow) and WR1 (Chad, AJ).

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:16 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Just a heads up... If the Bengals can trade Hendrickson for a high 2nd round pick they should 1,000% DO IT. They can grab a GREAT DE prospect in the 1st or early 2nd this draft.

Maybe whoever they draft won't suck against the run.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:24 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Hubbard provides zero pass rush. If u wanna see what we will look like without Hendrickson go watch the Tennessee playoff game. Hubbard is sue to be replaced.

But we f’d

Trey provides zero against the run.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well this sucks. And with the Bengals front office incapable of making trades that benefit the team of any kind, it's not looking good is it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote