Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-24-2024, 07:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He requested a trade. 

They traded him...  to AZ for a pile of cap space and the opportunity to get a higher ceiling than AVG at his position.

The way your post read was that Jonah should be mentioned in with those better players.
Reply/Quote
Makes no sense right before the Draft and Burrow coming back healthy while Trey just signed a 2 year extension...

Makes me sad too as Trey is one of my favorite players. This just put End on our minds at 18. I would take Jared Verse no problem now.

The good thing is that Trey has some value if we do trade him even if I don't like it.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Yes, weird. The Pod people came and got Trey or something... Mellow
Reply/Quote
This tells me that they expect Murphy to be ripe for a leap.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I don't know what you do... now you have two disgruntled stars that directly effects our SB chances.

You can replace Higgins with a Rookie WR in my opinion but Hendrickson is a huge hole. You'd be banking on 2nd year Murphy and Hubbard who's getting up in age with little to no depth.

Flip side though Hendrickson trade value may be a 1st or 2nd.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
These guys are a bunch of little greedy crybabies. Trey wasnt happy with his pay last year so the Bengals gave him a raise and extended him a year. The salary cap takes a big jump this year and Trey wants to redo his contract again because of the increase in cap. You cant redo contracts every time the salary cap increases.
Reply/Quote
Laiatu Latu is officially on the board! If you look at our defensive current group, Hendrickson is the only player who outperformed his current deal. Honestly, our linebackers were awful last year as was our secondary. Maybe Battle is the exception there. CTB was solid.

But Hendrickson is the only guy playing at or above his current pay level upfront and it would be brutal to lose him. This is part of what you deal with organizationally when you have a $50m QB also. It is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You're good players constantly requesting trades isn't a good look my guy. 

It’s also not a good look trying to get out of a deal you literally just signed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Got to be a hard time for Duke:

Just lost his dad
Draft coming up
Agents wanting trades

NOTHING's happening. we're not moving in the draft and players are going nowhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TF? He got extended last year...

I understand where he is coming from after Burrow and Chase he is our best player, he wants a longer contract not just a year extension 
Reply/Quote
They’re not going to trade him. The rest of this is hot air.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I would tell Trey to find a team willing to give up a 1st round draft pick tomorrow and we will trade him.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He wants what he's worth and more years. 

Bates 
Higgins
Hendrickson
Jonah

Pay you're ***** good players. Cheap ass organization. 

[Image: original-4206419-1.jpg]

(04-24-2024, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't be mad at it.....

A second straight 1st round backup DE while Burrow's career starts slipping away because we refuse to fix the OL? I would be.

(04-24-2024, 07:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, weird. The Pod people came and got Trey or something... Mellow

Or all of those media statements are just fluff pieces and everyone should recognize that it's a business and accept it rather than truly thinking "X player loves X player/coach/city" just because they said it when they have no real other answer to give other than "nah, F them" which would go over about as well as a fart in an elevator.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't know what you do... now you have two disgruntled stars that directly effects our SB chances.

You can replace Higgins with a Rookie WR in my opinion but Hendrickson is a huge hole.  You'd be banking on 2nd year Murphy and Hubbard who's getting up in age with little to no depth.

Flip side though Hendrickson trade value may be a 1st or 2nd.

Eh, maybe. It's also not unusual for guys coming off of a career year like the one Trey had, to have somewhat of a letdown the following season. This to me sounds more like agent motivated speak, in an attempt to capitalize while his value might be the greatest it will be in his playing career. The tough news for Trey and said agent is that he did sign a two year extension, just last year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Man… was hoping this was just some bullshit in the YouTube comments when I saw Trey made trade request.

Shocked this is real.

Have to wonder what the market would be for a top notch pass rusher.

Highly doubtful he is going anywhere. We are usually not in the market to trade away our best players.

But our D was super poop WITH him last year. So never say never.

Starting to wonder if we need to trade Tee and Trey and power through a mini rebuild considering we already have 10 draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, maybe. It's also not unusual for guys coming off of a career year like the one Trey had, to have somewhat of a letdown the following season. This to me sounds more like agent motivated speak, in an attempt to capitalize while his value might be the greatest it will be in his playing career. The tough news for Trey and said agent is that he did sign a two year extension, just last year.

Think it's worth the pick if you are a SB contender but we know Bengals don't want to send him to the competition. 

Already mentioned but his agent really did screw him over on the negotiation table last season.  Bengals isn't the team you play games with.

I'm no salary cap wizard but it always annoyed me that in vast majority of the cases the Bengals always pay out the contract... guaranteed money be damned.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I'm just tired of our front office. The Reader situation just took all the wind out of my sails as far as hope that we ever really push to the limit to try and win it all. We have a formula and simply don't stray from it. We got really lucky with our free agent haul a couple of years and thought things might change but it just repeats.
As far as Hendrickson I think he realizes he almost had the sack lead and could be making 100mil, plus his snap count is probably pretty high. I think it's just an attempt to get that 100 mil which why wouldn't you try. Not great seeing that his mindset isn't all in and saw he may be considering retirement as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: But our D was super poop WITH him last year. So never say never.

Starting to wonder if we need to trade Tee and Trey and power through a mini rebuild considering we already have 10 draft picks.

I don't think Trey is the reason our D was bad... 

If you can get the picks it's worth the gamble to reload. 

Although it would definitly feel like punting on this season and not sure they are willing to do that.
Reply/Quote
Yannick Ngakoue, Emmanuel Ogbah, and old friend Carl Lawson are some of the free agent DE names still out there.
Reply/Quote
Just the way he and or his agent are handling this. If they feel the recent contract was under valued why not quietly go to Katie and or Duke and explain how they feel and is there a possibility of renegotiating a new deal a bit differently. This way it looks like stamping of feet and rattling the bars on the playpen.
Reply/Quote