Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(04-25-2024, 09:12 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's natural fans have reactions when we learn about such news, but I'm with you. After thinking it over further it makes me have less respect for Trey. The dude received a nice extension and doesn't even want to finish it out. His agent must have convinced him that his sack total warranted a new deal. I know that is a speculative statement, but this news seemingly came out of nowhere. What could have prompted this other than there is more pieces of pie to have with the expanded cap.

If he had a down season i doubt he would be giving money back either
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If he had a down season i doubt he would be giving money back either

For sure, we know that doesn't happen. I'd love to know how much of this new is the agent's influence or Trey's own decision-making agency as an individual.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If he had a down season i doubt he would be giving money back either

I’m not even sure what Trey is wanting. He is already one of the highest paid at his position. He is really really good at getting after the quarterback, but he isn’t a top 3 or 4 impact DE in the NFL.

He isn’t Aaron Donald or Chris jones. I know Donald is retired but he was the best player on his team. You look at guys like Micah parsons and TJ watt who take over games alone. Idk, I like Trey a lot, but this is odd.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:24 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure, we know that doesn't happen. I'd love to know how much of this new is the agent's influence or Trey's own decision-making agency as an individual.

Agents work for the player and not the other way around. This is Trey Hendrickson.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If we entertain the idea he Will be traded... Who do you think would be in the running and whats the value in Draft or players.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:35 AM)jason Wrote: Agents work for the player and not the other way around. This is Trey Hendrickson.

Of course agents work for the player but I offer there has to be players who let the agent take charge of decision making.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is Trey threatening to hold out?

To retire
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:48 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Sorry, not trying to make this about me. Just using my situation, as an example of how these things happen even in normal jobs.

I get it. But with treys current contract he can't threaten to leave and play for a competitor 
Reply/Quote
The only way this happens is to get a truckload in draft capital.
There's no other reason for the Bengals to part ways with the 2nd leading sacker in the league who is under contract for 2 more seasons.

I would assume this announcement is coming primarily to draw interest for draft picks this weekend.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:58 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's fine guys. Bengals thought ahead last draft and got a suitiable replacmenet in Myles Murph...

bwahahahhahahhha

Trey Hendrickson's rookie season: 13 tackles, 2 sacks

Myles Murphy's rookie season: 20 tackles, 3 sacks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Trey asking for an extension (again), and threatening retirement when he isn't even eligible for one due to rules within the CBA can't go ignored in all this. They couldn't even meet his demands if they wanted to. So what is he threatening them for? He's a bum and we don't need the cancer.

Hoping they realize the damage this does to the "culture" and make a move today. Some things just aren't worth the trouble. He and his mindset isn't.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I vaguely remember seeing quotes from coaches/media that Trey "always goes about things his own way." Well, his way here was not the correct way to go about it.

I slept on it last night and woke up even more pissed. Why right before the draft? You just signed a 2 year extension now want more? We can't even negotiate this clowns extension because it's not outside of the 12 month threshold as outlined in the CBA.

Just an absolute dick move by a guy that was typically a fan favorite. Overnight he has suddenly became one of the most hated.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is Trey threatening to hold out?

The possibility of retirement was mentioned.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Exactly....and he was extended with a raise after an 8 sack season. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to jump on the FO for this one. I'm not upset over the Reader deal either. There's a good chance he misses a significant portion of the season, and there was NO ONE on the roster to hold the fort down until he came back. They've certainly fouled up things in the past, and I've put em on blast for it. Not this time. 

Reply/Quote
JMO This seems out of left field. This may be purported by negotiations with Reader and Tee and the Bengals FO history. His agent spewing to him we’ve got to do something as we are screwed with your deal as you reach a tougher age to get a great contract. Last year your best year we’ve got to make it happen.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
How I see the conversation going.

Trey's Agent (TA from now) on behalf of Trey:
Hi.  Trey would like a longer extension and more money.

Bengals FO:
We just extended Trey last year and he's already one of the highest paid at his position.

TA:
Yes but he had a career year and he's looking for more money and some security.

BFO:
That's nice but we just extended him.  We'll discuss it next year (speculation).

TA:
Trey requests a trade if you are not willing to extend.

BFO:
A trade?  No.

TA:
Will you not even consid.....

BFO:
No.

TA:
With no trade or extension Trey is considering retirement.

BFO:
That's nice.  We'll see Trey in training camp.  *disconnects*

TA leaks the situation to Shefter as they have no other recourse but to try and cause trouble in the press.  The Bengals FO will of course ignore this completely.

SUMMARY:  This is a nothing burger.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:53 AM)Stewy Wrote: How I see the conversation going.

Trey's Agent (TA from now) on behalf of Trey:
Hi.  Trey would like a longer extension and more money.

Bengals FO:
We just extended Trey last year and he's already one of the highest paid at his position.

TA:
Yes but he had a career year and he's looking for more money and some security.

BFO:
That's nice but we just extended him.  We'll discuss it next year (speculation).

TA:
Trey requests a trade if you are not willing to extend.

BFO:
A trade?  No.

TA:
Will you not even consid.....

BFO:
No.

TA:
With no trade or extension Trey is considering retirement.

BFO:
That's nice.  We'll see Trey in training camp.  *disconnects*

TA leaks the situation to Shefter as they have no other recourse but to try and cause trouble in the press.  The Bengals FO will of course ignore this completely.

SUMMARY:  This is a nothing burger.

I agree about the nothing burger. Your hypothesis sounds very plausible too. The leak to Shefter is what really irks me. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Trey Hendrickson's rookie season: 13 tackles, 2 sacks

Myles Murphy's rookie season: 20 tackles, 3 sacks

Beat me to it.

(04-25-2024, 10:36 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: I vaguely remember seeing quotes from coaches/media that Trey "always goes about things his own way." Well, his way here was not the correct way to go about it.

He’s definitely a weird dude. I remember thinking as much when he just sat on the bench while the rest of the team celebrated the AFC Championship win.

He’s also skipped OTA’s the last couple years.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Beat me to it.

He’s definitely a weird dude. I remember thinking as much when he just sat on the bench while the rest of the team celebrated the AFC Championship win.

He’s also skipped OTA’s the last couple years.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, he's kind of a lone wolf. 
Reply/Quote
See ya bye, you signed a deal last year dude...just get him out. Ship him to Washington or somewhere see how he likes it, we are not paying a 29 year old big money.
Reply/Quote