Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hendrickson signs extension
The Bengals today signed DE Trey Hendrickson to a one-year contract extension through the 2025 season.

https://www.bengals.com/news/trey-hendrickson-extension-2025-season

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 12:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals today signed DE Trey Hendrickson to a one-year contract extension through the 2025 season.

https://www.bengals.com/news/trey-hendrickson-extension-2025-season

Great news, keeping good players here a little longer
Reply/Quote
Somewhat surprised, but nice!
Reply/Quote
I just saw that and it’s great news. He has been one of the most important/impactful players on the team over the past couple of years.

I did not think he would get an extension but that’s a good deal for the Bengals to get him locked up for a couple more seasons.
Reply/Quote
I agree with sandwedge. I'm pleasantly surprised at this.

Poor Orlando Brown is going to have the whole team scrapping with him after this development.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 12:34 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I just saw that and it’s great news. He has been one of the most important/impactful players on the team over the past couple of years.

I did not think he would get an extension but that’s a good deal for the Bengals to get him locked up for a couple more seasons.

Yep. Locked in for the next 3 seasons. Good to see the Bengals prioritizing talent at key positions; QB, OT, ED, CB.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Somewhat surprised, but nice!

Somewhat surprised also, given they drafted a potential replacement, but depth at DE is really critical. Hendrickson is terrific and gives his all, all the time, but it was hard to see him be totally gassed late in games. Having depth through 2025 is a great blessing.
Reply/Quote
Trey deserves it. Guy has given everything he has over the last 2 seasons. The numbers will be interesting to see it might give him some money up front but lower this cap hit.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I assume since we ahead him through 2024 that this deal is going to give him a SHITLOAD of money this year guaranteed so that his cap hits are manageable in 2024, and 2025.

Basically we probably said hey, do you mind taking more of your money now, so we can make Tee work?

I also wonder who pushed for the extra year. Maybe Trey pushed for it, to ensure he’s a Bengals longer. This is feeling like a sweetheart deal from Trey. I need to see the money
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 12:34 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I agree with sandwedge.  I'm pleasantly surprised at this.  

Poor Orlando Brown is going to have the whole team scrapping with him after this development.

it seems odd he "blacked out"    hope that doesnt happen often during the season.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 12:49 PM)Housh Wrote: I assume since we ahead him through 2024 that this deal is going to give him a SHITLOAD of money this year guaranteed so that his cap hits are manageable in 2024, and 2025.

Basically we probably said hey, do you mind taking more of your money now, so we can make Tee work?

I also wonder who pushed for the extra year. Maybe Trey pushed for it, to ensure he’s a Bengals longer. This is feeling like a sweetheart deal from Trey. I need to see the money

that makes sense
Reply/Quote
Nice surprise. Do we think he moved money from this year for a bigger upfront number for Joe or Tee?

I'm glad they get an extra year, he is sorely missed when taking off snaps and we aren't sure if Murphy will be that guy yet.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 12:34 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I agree with sandwedge.  I'm pleasantly surprised at this.  

I doubt it. The whole team is going to be happy to have a left tackle who can go toe to toe with Trey.
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 01:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I doubt it. The whole team is going to be happy to have a left tackle who can go toe to toe with Trey.

No doubt.  My post was just a lame attempt at humor, as if fighting Brown meant a contract extension followed.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 01:06 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: No doubt.  My post was just a lame attempt at humor, as if fighting Brown meant a contract extension followed.

It also followed being unveiled as a top 100 player.  So I guess we are waiting for the league to do that before we can sign Joe. 
Reply/Quote
Whoa. I'm a total Capology failure but still wasn't expecting this. Can't look at it in a vacuum, must mean something. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Either way, I like everything about Trey. And depth is a good thing. Great start to the extension parade. I've always loved the Hendrickson blimp.

"WHOA..."
Reply/Quote
Keeping Trey and the added cap flexibility is a win-win.
Reply/Quote
Weird move...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 12:49 PM)Housh Wrote: I assume since we ahead him through 2024 that this deal is going to give him a SHITLOAD of money this year guaranteed so that his cap hits are manageable in 2024, and 2025.

I assume the same thing.  A way of managing the salary cap I've wanted them to use for decades.  Just another indicator of new management.

Edited to add: Should also reduce dead money if they choose to release him later.
Reply/Quote