Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Here comes some negativity
(12-23-2015, 11:39 PM)Utts Wrote: Lol. The Steelers are surging into the playoffs...

Yes, LOL!  Your Steelers are surging alright.  2015 AFC North Division Champ Who-Dey!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Yup..big surge to the Ratbirths..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:39 PM)Utts Wrote: Lol. The Steelers are surging into the playoffs, and defeated the Broncos. We are going to get are asses handed to us by the Broncos. 

Who's backing in, and who is surging in?

Before you start writing excuses about injuries, the reason why we're backing in is not the point - the thing is we are. Whatever the reason we're going to back in, and then promptly get pumped in the ass by whomever we face first round. 

Too bad you couldn't wait a few days to post this, as it would have instantly been in the running for 2016 Post of the Year.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:59 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Too bad you couldn't wait a few days to post this, as it would have instantly been in the running for 2016 Post of the Year.

I actually think he is a Steelers fan disguising himself in the Bengals forum... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The only way his surging steelers post will get any more stupid is when the Bengals win in denver.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: The only way his surging steelers post will get any more stupid is when the Bengals win in denver.

The Steelers actually benefit from us winning in Denver.  They need Denver to lose out, or they need the Jets to lose next week.
Reply/Quote
Since his team lost today, I don't expect to see him around here today.
My guess is he's somewhere dark with one of those yellow towels wiping his tears up.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Steelers actually benefit from us winning in Denver.  They need Denver to lose out, or they need the Jets to lose next week.

Fine and dandy. But Utts said the steelers were surging into the playoffs, while the Bengals were stumbling. Beating the broncos in denver in primetime to clinch the 2 seed would make him even more wrong than he already is.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I will get back to you right now.. Bengals just locked up Division since your surging Steelers just lost to a 5-10 team

Haha. Nobody saw that coming. They just came off victories against 2/3 top teams in the conference, so surging was the appropriate depiction. Not sure what to make of them now, but I really hope we don't face them in the playoffs.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:20 AM)Utts Wrote: Haha. Nobody saw that coming. They just came of victories against the 2/3 top teams in the conference, so surging was the appropriate depiction. Not sure what to make of them now, but I really hope we don't face them in the playoffs.

Can you really call winning against AJ McCarron in his first ever game a real 'victory' against one of the best? This team is completely different with Dalton.

Plus, it's not all that surprising. They almost lost to the Rams, Chargers, and Raiders this season.

Their last 3 wins have come against backup quarterbacks. Sure, that offense did some great things. But maybe many people tried crowning them far too quickly. The only decent quarterbacks they beat were Palmer and Rivers.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
With respect to all the over the top personal attacks from the usual suspects, it makes you guys look simple.

We won't be able to run tomorrow, and we won't be able to pass. Hope we score a couple TDs on defense.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:20 AM)Utts Wrote: Haha. Nobody saw that coming. They just came off victories against 2/3 top teams in the conference, so surging was the appropriate depiction. Not sure what to make of them now, but I really hope we don't face them in the playoffs.

well how about we call them non surging and needing a defense.. you know who else i would not want to face in the playoffs.. is the Bengals.. they have a more balanced team than the Steelers.. especially with Andy.. hopefully AJ can keep that balance also
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:32 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well how about we call them non surging and needing a defense.. you know who else i would not want to face in the playoffs.. is the Bengals.. they have a more balanced team than the Steelers.. especially with Andy.. hopefully AJ can keep that balance also

Despite what happened today, I think most teams would prefer to face the Bengals over the Steelers in the playoffs. Part of that is probably due to our playoff history, and part of that is due to the fact that when the Steelers offense goes off - you is in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:37 AM)Utts Wrote: Despite what happened today, I think most teams would prefer to face the Bengals over the Steelers in the playoffs. Part of that is probably due to our playoff history, and part of that is due to the fact that when the Steelers offense goes off - you is in trouble.

Sanders said it best on NFL network.. Pittsburgh has no defense .. they cant stop anybody.. 3rd worst against the pass... cold weather coming.. as they say.. you tend to win playoffs with defense not offense.  We have balance.. and as for recent playoff history.. you do understand Steelers have sucked of late in playoffs and just making it there
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:37 AM)Utts Wrote: Despite what happened today, I think most teams would prefer to face the Bengals over the Steelers in the playoffs. Part of that is probably due to our playoff history, and part of that is due to the fact that when the Steelers offense goes off - you is in trouble.

You do understand I believe Ben has like one TD against us in his two games this year.. 
Reply/Quote

I really don't think you are a Bengal fan.  No celebration or happiness from you, even though things are going well.    Just sadness and further condemnation of the Bengals.  You seem really upset your prediction of the Bengals backing into the playoffs didn't come true.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:31 AM)Utts Wrote: With respect to all the over the top personal attacks from the usual suspects, it makes you guys look simple.

We won't be able to run tomorrow, and we won't be able to pass. Hope we score a couple TDs on defense.

I don't get the attacks like calling you a steeler fan (there is no greater insult...it's like saying you have a 40 IQ and you have never accomplished anything in life so you try to be associated with something that has some championships in their past).  And if everyone is realistic about what was going on, the steelers were "surging" and I couldn't turn on ESPN, NFL Network, etc. without hearing absolute worship over this one-dimensional team.  I didn't think it would be the Ratbirds, but I knew someone would start playing cover 2 deep and show the league how to slow down their attack.

As for the Denver game, I prefer to go in thinking the Bengals have the opportunity to show they can run the ball, and can run play-action to move the chains.  I also believe their defense can hold the Broncos to 20 points or less which would make it a winnable game.

I know you have been around these boards for a looooong time.  I have seen people like yourself become extremely jaded and it is completely understandable.  I just hate to see it happen.  Let this game be your opportunity to get back in to the spirit of things, should they be able to come out with a win.  

If you think about it, a win leads the Bengals down a path that will likely look something like this:

At home vs either the Broncos or the Texans

At New England vs. the Patriots

In Super Bowl vs Cardinals or Panthers

All of those teams have injuries.  All of those teams have flaws.  If the Bengals get Dalton back for the playoffs, they are as good as any of those remaining teams.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 07:47 PM)Utts Wrote: Right. Get back to me Tuesday morning.

So if we happen to lose one game out of the last three with our backup quarterback starting, you'd consider that stumbling?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:56 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So if we happen to lose one game out of the last three with our backup quarterback starting, you'd consider that stumbling?

He just wants to celebrate any Bengals losses.  He doesn't care about victories or why there might have been a loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 10:52 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He just wants to celebrate any Bengals losses.  He doesn't care about victories or why there might have been a loss.

Stop it. This is the most annoying shit ever. Someone has a gloomier opinion than mega-homerism?  Must want to celebrate losses.  Ridiculous "I'm a better fan" bullshit.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote