Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Here comes some negativity
(12-23-2015, 12:53 AM)gobobro Wrote: We stepped on Denver last year without Eifert, Marvin Jones, Andre Smith (Winston had been signed to replace him 10 days before the game), Burfict, Michael Johnson... And AJ was banged up and out most of the game.

Not having Andy stinks, but I believe in these guys because they've already done it.

Well if you put it that way.  Then AD was a LOT better last year than what the stats showed.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:06 AM)Beaker Wrote: Another example of fan negativity creating our reality.

I believe the fan perception can have a percentage point or two sway in a team's performance, but not to the degree you are implying. Fans not getting up and loud for the defense can have a very slight impact on the performance of the defense. What you've been saying, though, is a bit more mystical than that.

-Chad lost his cool at halftime of the Steelers game all by himself, and the Bengals didn't score a single second half point on their own.

-The Bengals got dominated in the trenches in back to back road games in Houston without any fan involvement.

-The Bengals got spanked in the second half of the Chargers playoff game because the Chargers figured out just how beat up our offensive line was.

-The Bengals got beat in Indy last year because you can't win in the playoffs with Burkhead, Bernard, and Hewitt as your best receiving options.

Maybe the Bengals just haven't believed in themselves enough a time or two. Maybe the fans haven't gone all in when they've smelled a repeat performance. Ultimately, though, it's been the guys on the field deciding every game. No fan belief has decided these games... Fans should always cheer the defense, and believe their guys can get it done, but blaming fans for creating their own negative results is taking it a bit too far (in my opinion).
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:08 AM)Utts Wrote: The way I see it, this team is just like the other playoff teams of the last few years. We're stumbling into the playoffs after a strong start. I really don't blame anyone, the Dalton injury really hurts. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I feel like our inability to run the ball last week is a huge red flag. Meanwhile the Steelers are arguably the best team in the AFC at this point, after beating 2/3 top teams in the conference in back to back weeks.

I know many of you'd like to see me jump of the ledge, but if anybody has a positive spin on where we're at by all means share.

First of all, there's more to the team than just the QB. I've finally got to watch the SF game and the first half looked pretty good, except for the running game.

We'll have to see how McCarron does this week, but I'm not expecting anything as bad as a bad Andy day. I'm also not expecting numbers like a good Andy day either, and we might need that kind of day to come out of there with a W.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The team has said that they're treating this like a playoff game (not the best image for us). We absolutely need to unleash whatever talent McCarron has. Our OL needs to step up against this D and we need to find a way to actually run the ball. It's quite simple for us, win the game and get a 1st round bye. Denver is going to be just as hungry as us, but we have to finally be the team that wants it more. Get the win and the move on the preseason game that'll serve as the regular season finale.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:48 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: As it stands right now the playoffs wont start for us until January 16th... That's like 3 weeks away. We haven't stumbled into anything yet. Calm down.

Right. Get back to me Tuesday morning.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 07:47 PM)Utts Wrote: Right. Get back to me Tuesday morning.

What does get back to me on Tuesday morning mean ?  We are total underdogs going into Denver, are you saying we should be favored and if we lose we are stumbling ??  

Also here is a nice article about going in hot into playoffs does not mean you are going to win.. 

Games come down to much more matchups and who is healthy and who is not play edge to home field especially in the playoffs over if you want 3 in a row coming in vs. maybe playing sub par last few games.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/160139980/do-hot-streaks-matter-entering-nfl-playoffs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The way I see the next 2 weeks is Denver beats Cincy and Cincy beats Baltimore to win the division. I see the Steelers beating Baltimore and Cleveland, but ending up one game short for the division title. I think we become a 3 seed and have McCarron in the first playoff game without a bye week. Unfortunately, it may be against the Steelers at PBS which brings back memories of 2005.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Many people predicted the Denver game to be a loss WITH dalton. Now the sky is falling because he's not playing? What difference would it make?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 08:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We are total underdogs going into Denver, are you saying we should be favored and if we lose we are stumbling ??  

Lol. The Steelers are surging into the playoffs, and defeated the Broncos. We are going to get are asses handed to us by the Broncos. 

Who's backing in, and who is surging in?

Before you start writing excuses about injuries, the reason why we're backing in is not the point - the thing is we are. Whatever the reason we're going to back in, and then promptly get pumped in the ass by whomever we face first round. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: First of all, there's more to the team than just the QB. I've finally got to watch the SF game and the first half looked pretty good, except for the running game.

We'll have to see how McCarron does this week, but I'm not expecting anything as bad as a bad Andy day. I'm also not expecting numbers like a good Andy day either, and we might need that kind of day to come out of there with a W.

Look at the QB's in the Championship games this year, and then reconsider your QB comment. Yes, it's a team sport. However, the teams in the Super Bowl will have top shelf QB's, I guarantee it.

The first half of the SF game was miserable. We couldn't sustain drives. Thank you defense. We play that game against the Steelers, and we get blown out again.

I don't appreciate  you guys putting me in a position where I have to be so brutal, but these are simple facts. If you want to be a cheerleader, no problem here. However, if you want to be realistic about what's going on, then let's discuss.

I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone. I think people are doing their jobs, from coaches to players. It just is what it is. Even with Andy, I think the Steelers are a better team right now. The AFC Champion is going to be NE or Shittsburgh. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it looks right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:44 PM)Utts Wrote: Look at the QB's in the Championship games this year, and then reconsider your QB comment. Yes, it's a team sport. However, the teams in the Super Bowl will have top shelf QB's, I guarantee it.

The first half of the SF game was miserable. We couldn't sustain drives. Thank you defense. We play that game against the Steelers, and we get blown out again.

I don't appreciate  you guys putting me in a position where I have to be so brutal, but these are simple facts. If you want to be a cheerleader, no problem here. However, if you want to be realistic about what's going on, then let's discuss.

I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone. I think people are doing their jobs, from coaches to players. It just is what it is. Even with Andy, I think the Steelers are a better team right now. The AFC Champion is going to be NE or Shittsburgh. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it looks right now.

Only commenting on your last statement.  If Dalton plays the entire game against the Steelers...we win.  It may have been a shootout or we may have given up another 3 points just like the first meeting.  We are down 16-7 at half with AJ at the helm.  He throws a pick 6 to start the half and we shut down the Steelers for the rest of the 3rd Q...  Not until the 2nd INT did the game get totally out of hand in the 4th Q.  Take away the pick 6 and the INT for the easy TD and the Steelers offense has scored 29 points against us in 2 games...With Big Jen throwing 1 TD and 4 INTs......  Sorry...with Dalton...The Bengals are the better team
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 01:16 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Only commenting on your last statement.  If Dalton plays the entire game against the Steelers...we win.  It may have been a shootout or we may have given up another 3 points just like the first meeting.  We are down 16-7 at half with AJ at the helm.  He throws a pick 6 to start the half and we shut down the Steelers for the rest of the 3rd Q...  Not until the 2nd INT did the game get totally out of hand in the 4th Q.  Take away the pick 6 and the INT for the easy TD and the Steelers offense has scored 29 points against us in 2 games...With Big Jen throwing 1 TD and 4 INTs......  Sorry...with Dalton...The Bengals are the better team

Down 16-7 against that offense is "out of hand', don't kid yourself.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:39 PM)Utts Wrote: Lol. The Steelers are surging into the playoffs, and defeated the Broncos. We are going to get are asses handed to us by the Broncos. 

Who's backing in, and who is surging in?

Before you start writing excuses about injuries, the reason why we're backing in is not the point - the thing is we are. Whatever the reason we're going to back in, and then promptly get pumped in the ass by whomever we face first round. 

This is just goofy....

The Bengals may as well just go home for the offseason now then.  I mean, Hell, it's the Holidays and all.  Why bother catching that flight to Denver since they have no shot?  They should be home with their families, not playing a team who hasn't scored in the 2nd half in a month.  That may be an exaggeration about the Broncos, but not by much.

We got Andy Dalton out of the way Sarcasm ....  The Bengals should be fine in the playoffs... Right?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 01:55 AM)jason Wrote: This is just goofy....

The Bengals may as well just go home for the offseason now then.  I mean, Hell, it's the Holidays and all.  Why bother catching that flight to Denver since they have no shot?  They should be home with their families, not playing a team who hasn't scored in the 2nd half in a month.  That may be an exaggeration about the Broncos, but not by much.

We got Andy Dalton out of the way Sarcasm ....  The Bengals should be fine in the playoffs... Right?

Monday night will be one of those games you never forget, and not in a good way either.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:44 PM)Utts Wrote: If you want to be a cheerleader, no problem here. However, if you want to be realistic about what's going on, then let's discuss.

You are the farthest thing from realistic. You're simply a pessimistic d-bag. What purpose does it serve for you to come on a fan site and consistently ***** about how bad Dalton is, then when you cant do that anymore you change to how bad the team is? The same team that has the chance to post the best record the Bengals have ever posted in a season. Does it give you some type of weird catharsis to try to bring down others? Usually the most negative people are the ones whose lives are the crappiest. The self loathing is simply transferred onto another subject. In your case the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 02:09 AM)Utts Wrote: Monday night will be one of those games you never forget, and not in a good way either.

I just won't watch it then...

Denver seems to be a mirror image of the Bengals at the moment.  Inexperienced QB, banged up secondary, some questionable coaching, good defense, shitty running game, and explosive WRs.  Why exactly do you see the Bengals getting mopped in this game?  The Bengals may lose, but it's far from a forgone conclusion.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 02:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: You are the farthest thing from realistic. You're simply a pessimistic d-bag. What purpose does it serve for you to come on a fan site and consistently ***** about how bad Dalton is, then when you cant do that anymore you change to how bad the team is? The same team that has the chance to post the best record the Bengals have ever posted in a season. Does it give you some type of weird catharsis to try to bring down others? Usually the most negative people are the ones whose lives are the crappiest. The self loathing is simply transferred onto another subject. In your case the Bengals.

At least he (Utts) has the balls to keep coming back.  Toast Jones has tried to play the "I don't post much during the season" card when his nonsense got exposed.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 02:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: You are the farthest thing from realistic. You're simply a pessimistic d-bag. What purpose does it serve for you to come on a fan site and consistently ***** about how bad Dalton is, then when you cant do that anymore you change to how bad the team is? The same team that has the chance to post the best record the Bengals have ever posted in a season. Does it give you some type of weird catharsis to try to bring down others? Usually the most negative people are the ones whose lives are the crappiest. The self loathing is simply transferred onto another subject. In your case the Bengals.

If you'd like to have a cheerleading circle jerk, maybe you should start your own board? Otherwise why don't you grow up, and recognize that there are different opinions out there.

The name calling and personal attacks do not constitute a rational argument to the contrary, so I can only assume you can't produce one.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 02:22 AM)jason Wrote: I just won't watch it then...

Denver seems to be a mirror image of the Bengals at the moment.  Inexperienced QB, banged up secondary, some questionable coaching, good defense, shitty running game, and explosive WRs.  Why exactly do you see the Bengals getting mopped in this game?  The Bengals may lose, but it's far from a forgone conclusion.

I think their defense vs. our offense is a huge mismatch. That's why...

You make a good point about how similar the teams are, but I still think their defense in Denver will shut our offense down. They will probably score at least 7 on defense, and I predict at least 3 turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The 49ers knew we'd be running and they keyed in on it. McCarron has to give opponents reason to fear the pass. Of course there was no reason to air it out in the 49ers game because we were comfortably ahead. They can't hide McC this week. He has to be a big part of our game plan or our RB's will get stuffed again. I believe AJ can hang with either of Denver's QBs.

Now as far as playoffs go, we need Dalton. I don't care what his history is. He's been a different player this year. Dalton and the rest of this team have failed together, now they need to succeed together.

Agree, We looked bad in the SF game but we didnt show Denver anything. Time to let AJ air it out.
Reply/Quote