Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Here is to a good game Sunday
(09-18-2017, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And this was his best buddy for awhile there...

[Image: ryan-braun-90210-hair.jpg?w=700]

...who is also one of my least liked baseball players. (Up there with Harper, Utley, and pretty much anyone who's ever been a Toronto Blue Jay in the last 3 years. Also anyone who is or has ever been a St Louis Cardinal that is not named Scott Rolen or Mike Leake.)

But I am right with you, how can you hate Favre when he was a Packer? Don't dislike the team or fans. Just don't think Rodgers is a guy I would want to have a beer with. "Dooshy" indeed. Lol

Ditto, R. Braun and Harper are effing annoying as hell.  Rodgers doesn't talk to his family, he's got some stuff going on. I think he gave up religion and his family doesn't jive with him, not that I really care lol but it's interesting when you don't talk to your brother/sister/father/mother.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Ditto, R. Braun and Harper are effing annoying as hell.  Rodgers doesn't talk to his family, he's got some stuff going on. I think he gave up religion and his family doesn't jive with him, not that I really care lol but it's interesting when you don't talk to your brother/sister/father/mother.

He isn't as arrogant as Brady though I don't think.
Reply/Quote
Good luck packerbacker. I gotta funny feeling Dalton is gonna be Dealing. Should be a fun one(the first two haven't been anywhere near fun to watch)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 09:18 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Good luck packerbacker.  I gotta funny feeling Dalton is gonna be Dealing.  Should be a fun one(the first two haven't been anywhere near fun to watch)

I predict 30-27 in favor of us but it could go the other way too. I think this is a scary game for us.
Reply/Quote
Good Luck to ya......

Kinda
Reply/Quote
For some reason I can see these bums play like their capable of and ruining our draft prospects. That or Marvin is really really really on the hot seat. I kinda hope we lose out to seperate from ML.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:33 PM)packerbacker Wrote: With no injuries to either team. I hope we get Nelson and Cobb back. Both teams suffered bad losses this last week. Lots of love for the Bengals except this week might be tough to say that. Falcons have been our krypton ire and Houston has been yours. Hopefully we both can get past those guys and we play in the Super Bowl this year although it's not looking good for both of us so far. Looking forward to playing our buddies this week. See you Sunday at 4:25 in Lambeau.

Good luck, PB, and I hope for no injuries on either side as well.  

If everyone is looking for an offensive scheme (please hold the Andy would get killed comments and hear me out) that I think would allow the Bengals to have some firepower, look no further than the Packers.  They will spread you out with multiple receiving options and attack you.  They will hit their RBs and TEs on short, easy completions, and then hit you down the field.  I love the way they attack teams.  Dalton isn't as fast as Rogers, but he's shifty.  He can move around in the pocket and give his guys time to get open.  But they have to stop the pathetic "AJ and Lafell only" in the pass pattern.  It makes is so damn easy for a defense.  I want to see Ross, Core, AJ, and a back (Gio or Mixon) in a pattern every damn play that is not a rush.  Have the RB chip the end and then slide out as a check down option.  I never see our backs do that.  I haven't seen the injury report on Uzomah, but saw that Eifert is having problems with his back and his knee.  Great.  Just give Andy 4 to 5 options each down and let him play to his (and the line's) strengths.  

Opposing defenses struggle and the only reason I think the Falcons play them well on defense is they take the risks of getting burnt and still blitz Rogers.  The Bengals won't do that.  Watch for a lot of four man rushes and no pressure.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:33 PM)packerbacker Wrote: With no injuries to either team. I hope we get Nelson and Cobb back. Both teams suffered bad losses this last week. Lots of love for the Bengals except this week might be tough to say that. Falcons have been our krypton ire and Houston has been yours. Hopefully we both can get past those guys and we play in the Super Bowl this year although it's not looking good for both of us so far. Looking forward to playing our buddies this week. See you Sunday at 4:25 in Lambeau.

Both teams in a bad place.  Comes down to the smarter coaching and the strongest will, neither of which is a strong suit for us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 08:56 AM)McC Wrote: Both teams in a bad place.  Comes down to the smarter coaching and the strongest will, neither of which is a strong suit for us.

We're doomed. Sad

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And this was his best buddy for awhile there...

Ryan Braun aka the "Jewish Junkie" as affectionately called by 700 WLW's Marc Amazon..........lol
Hilarious
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 12:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: Ryan Braun aka the "Jewish Junkie" as affectionately called by 700 WLW's Marc Amazon..........lol
Hilarious

I can see how much you guys hate the Brewers since they are in the Reds division lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good luck, PB, and I hope for no injuries on either side as well.  

If everyone is looking for an offensive scheme (please hold the Andy would get killed comments and hear me out) that I think would allow the Bengals to have some firepower, look no further than the Packers.  They will spread you out with multiple receiving options and attack you.  They will hit their RBs and TEs on short, easy completions, and then hit you down the field.  I love the way they attack teams.  Dalton isn't as fast as Rogers, but he's shifty.  He can move around in the pocket and give his guys time to get open.  But they have to stop the pathetic "AJ and Lafell only" in the pass pattern.  It makes is so damn easy for a defense.  I want to see Ross, Core, AJ, and a back (Gio or Mixon) in a pattern every damn play that is not a rush.  Have the RB chip the end and then slide out as a check down option.  I never see our backs do that.  I haven't seen the injury report on Uzomah, but saw that Eifert is having problems with his back and his knee.  Great.  Just give Andy 4 to 5 options each down and let him play to his (and the line's) strengths.  

Opposing defenses struggle and the only reason I think the Falcons play them well on defense is they take the risks of getting burnt and still blitz Rogers.  The Bengals won't do that.  Watch for a lot of four man rushes and no pressure.  
I have a feeling we are going to see a lot runs this Sunday. You have got to get people in sync. Anyone know why Boyd was benched?
Reply/Quote
I think there's no doubt we lose at Lambeau but I'll be encouraged if we score a couple of touchdowns and if we stop the stupid 3 RB rotation.
Reply/Quote

...who is also one of my least liked baseball players. (Up there with Harper, Utley, and pretty much anyone who's ever been a Toronto Blue Jay in the last 3 years. Also anyone who is or has ever been a St Louis Cardinal that is not named Scott Rolen or Mike Leake.)

But I am right with you, how can you hate Favre when he was a Packer? Don't dislike the team or fans. Just don't think Rodgers is a guy I would want to have a beer with. "Dooshy" indeed. Lol

Why?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 12:31 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I can see how much you guys hate the Brewers since they are in the Reds division lol.

Same with the Packers. I don't dislike the Brewers. If a team in the division besides the Reds were going to win, I would prefer it to be them. I just don't like Braun.

(09-19-2017, 01:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why?

They tried to make a NBA-style Super Team (Jose Bautista, Josh Donaldson, Edwin Encarnacion, Troy Tulowitzki), and failed. But honestly, I am not 100% sure why I dislike them. Most of their big name players come off as kind of prickish. I admittedly haven't watched a ton of their games, but it seems every time I do I just dislike them. Like they spent a ton of money, put together a bunch of big names, and feel entitled to win, and pout when they don't.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Same with the Packers. I don't dislike the Brewers. If a team in the division besides the Reds were going to win, I would prefer it to be them. I just don't like Braun.

They tried to make a NBA-style Super Team (Jose Bautista, Josh Donaldson, Edwin Encarnacion, Troy Tulowitzki), and failed. But honestly, I am not 100% sure why I dislike them. Most of their big name players come off as kind of prickish. I admittedly haven't watched a ton of their games, but it seems every time I do I just dislike them. Like they spent a ton of money, put together a bunch of big names, and feel entitled to win, and pout when they don't.

Thanks for your views; haven't gotten that one before.

Not going to turn this into a debate, however bear with me lol:

1. Absolutely not lol. Bautista was traded for by JP Ricciardi (one of the greatest GMs for trades ever; too bad he signings/draftings were completely garbage) in 2009 (maybe 2008?) and Incarnation came here via trade in 2009 (also by Ricciardi, in another fleecing, as Rolen was done soon after), so they were longtime mainstays. On the flipside, the worst trading GM, almost ever (Anthopoulos) traded for the latter 2 in his only good year of GMing (talk about a loser person) and the team didn't fail; we just weren't up to snuff in the BP, which was our downfall the past 2 years. This year, pitching from top to bottom has been a mess.

2. I agree with you there, sans Donaldson and Bautista; I have met them both (Bautista is an awesome human being, legitimately) and they couldn't have been nicer. Incarnation and Tulowitzki I've never met, but the sense that most fans get (including myself) is that they are both prickish, ESPECIALLY Incarnation, which began a couple of year ago and manifested BEFORE 2016 began; while we miss his bat a bit, many fans are glad he's gone.

3. Can't agree with the last part either; Bautista's on-field demanor has given him a lot of flak, but truly, he knows where he and team stand when it comes to wins and losses and he gets the short end of the stick way more often than he should. Like the whole Texas situation; THEY handled that with such little class and BS, Bat Flips have existed since the 1900s and unless it is jealousy or something else petty, they had no reason to go after Bautista until then; the man does NOT chirp people or talk smack or anything, unless someone casts the first stone. Hell, even when Odour punched him, he STILL stayed on his feet and had to be held back, but the whole world was all, "ohhhhhh Bautista got knocked out! Servies him right!" Perception is not reality, plain and simple.

Stroman is the only other guy as vocal as he is and the only thing I've heard him say is legitimate, regarding balls and blisters; SOMETHING had to be changed with all of the blister issues, this year.

Gibbons is the farthest thing from a pouter, though he's a terrible manager and maybe a bit of pouting from him would help! lol

But yes, all fair points. I want Tulowitzki gone too (never liked him since the beginning as a Rockie) and for the team to put more emphasis on the positive contributors, but that's gonna have to wait until next year...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks for your views; haven't gotten that one before.

Not going to turn this into a debate, however bear with me lol:

1. Absolutely not lol. Bautista was traded for by JP Ricciardi (one of the greatest GMs for trades ever; too bad he signings/draftings were completely garbage) in 2009 (maybe 2008?) and Incarnation came here via trade in 2009 (also by Ricciardi, in another fleecing, as Rolen was done soon after), so they were longtime mainstays. On the flipside, the worst trading GM, almost ever (Anthopoulos) traded for the latter 2 in his only good year of GMing (talk about a loser person) and the team didn't fail; we just weren't up to snuff in the BP, which was our downfall the past 2 years. This year, pitching from top to bottom has been a mess.

2. I agree with you there, sans Donaldson and Bautista; I have met them both (Bautista is an awesome human being, legitimately) and they couldn't have been nicer. Incarnation and Tulowitzki I've never met, but the sense that most fans get (including myself) is that they are both prickish, ESPECIALLY Incarnation, which began a couple of year ago and manifested BEFORE 2016 began; while we miss his bat a bit, many fans are glad he's gone.

3. Can't agree with the last part either; Bautista's on-field demanor has given him a lot of flak, but truly, he knows where he and team stand when it comes to wins and losses and he gets the short end of the stick way more often than he should. Like the whole Texas situation; THEY handled that with such little class and BS, Bat Flips have existed since the 1900s and unless it is jealousy or something else petty, they had no reason to go after Bautista until then; the man does NOT chirp people or talk smack or anything, unless someone casts the first stone. Hell, even when Odour punched him, he STILL stayed on his feet and had to be held back, but the whole world was all, "ohhhhhh Bautista got knocked out! Servies him right!" Perception is not reality, plain and simple.

Stroman is the only other guy as vocal as he is and the only thing I've heard him say is legitimate, regarding balls and blisters; SOMETHING had to be changed with all of the blister issues, this year.

Gibbons is the farthest thing from a pouter, though he's a terrible manager and maybe a bit of pouting from him would help! lol

But yes, all fair points. I want Tulowitzki gone too (never liked him since the beginning as a Rockie) and for the team to put more emphasis on the positive contributors, but that's gonna have to wait until next year...

Fair enough, I can only go off external appearances having never met any. I guess it's all that added with a suspicion of how players in the second half of their career come to Toronto and suddenly become HR mashers.

Russell Martin with 1 20+ HR season age 23-31, 2 from age 32-33 (and hurt this year)
Encarnacion a 15-20 HR hitter, turns 29 and racks off 6 straight 35-40 HR seasons.
Bautista a 15 HR hitter, turns 29 and hits 54 and then 43 HRs.
Michael Saunders never hit 20 HR in his career, turns 29 and hits 24 HR.
Justin Smoak never hit more than 20 HR in his career, turns 30 and hits 38 HR (and counting).
Donaldson a 25 HR hitter, turns 29 and hits 41 and 37 HRs.

If it was just 1-2 guys you ignore it as just breaking out or something. But when everyone seems to become HR hitters when they are 30 years old in Toronto, you question it. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 02:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fair enough, I can only go off external appearances having never met any. I guess it's all that added with a suspicion of how players in the second half of their career come to Toronto and suddenly become HR mashers.

Russell Martin with 1 20+ HR season age 23-31, 2 from age 32-33 (and hurt this year)
Encarnacion a 15-20 HR hitter, turns 29 and racks off 6 straight 35-40 HR seasons.
Bautista a 15 HR hitter, turns 29 and hits 54 and then 43 HRs.
Michael Saunders never hit 20 HR in his career, turns 29 and hits 24 HR.
Justin Smoak never hit more than 20 HR in his career, turns 30 and hits 38 HR (and counting).
Donaldson a 25 HR hitter, turns 29 and hits 41 and 37 HRs.

If it was just 1-2 guys you ignore it as just breaking out or something. But when everyone seems to become HR hitters when they are 30 years old in Toronto, you question it. Lol

Hitter's Park Wink

lol its true; Rogers Centre (at the time, Skydome) was the best Hitter's Park in the league, from 1989-1993 (when Mile High Opened) and has always been a great place for Home Runs; when the roof is open, the breeze always comes off the lake (blows from home to the outfield), thus a lot of balls just carry out.

In the case of Bautista and Smoak, they both revamped their approcahes at the plate (ESPECIALLY Bautista); Jays did the same with Roy Halladay in 2001, turned him from the worst ERA in league history, with at least 50 innings or whatever, into the future HOF that he is.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 02:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hitter's Park Wink

lol its true; Rogers Centre (at the time, Skydome) was the best Hitter's Park in the league, from 1989-1993 (when Mile High Opened) and has always been a great place for Home Runs; when the roof is open, the breeze always comes off the lake (blows from home to the outfield), thus a lot of balls just carry out.

In the case of Bautista and Smoak, they both revamped their approcahes at the plate (ESPECIALLY Bautista); Jays did the same with Roy Halladay in 2001, turned him from the worst ERA in league history, with at least 50 innings or whatever, into the future HOF that he is.

I always wondered what made Skydome such a hitter's park.  I've seen some mammoth shots fly out of there over the years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 02:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I always wondered what made Skydome such a hitter's park.  I've seen some mammoth shots fly out of there over the years.

Indeed!

The ball also flies when the roof is closed though; that has to do with humidity and times of year.
Reply/Quote