Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Here is to a good game Sunday
(09-19-2017, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: I always wondered what made Skydome such a hitter's park.  I've seen some mammoth shots fly out of there over the years.

Was it there that What's-his-face hit the homer off What's-his-face to win the WS?  That ball seemed to fly pretty good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: Was it there that What's-his-face hit the homer off What's-his-face to win the WS?  That ball seemed to fly pretty good.

Yep....lol.  I do remember Jose Canseco absolutely crushing one up there.  Seems Cecil Fielder hit a few titanic shots there too.

(Maybe you're referring to Joe Carter?)

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....lol.  I do remember Jose Canseco absolutely crushing one up there.  Seems Cecil Fielder hit a few titanic shots there too.

Yes.  I remembered it was Carter but not the first name.  Easy to see why I couldn't remember, Joe being such a difficult name and all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:33 PM)packerbacker Wrote: With no injuries to either team. I hope we get Nelson and Cobb back. Both teams suffered bad losses this last week. Lots of love for the Bengals except this week might be tough to say that. Falcons have been our krypton ire and Houston has been yours. Hopefully we both can get past those guys and we play in the Super Bowl this year although it's not looking good for both of us so far. Looking forward to playing our buddies this week. See you Sunday at 4:25 in Lambeau.

cheers to that

[Image: file_186071_0_Titanic_Leonardo_DiCaprio-642x362.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:33 PM)packerbacker Wrote: With no injuries to either team. I hope we get Nelson and Cobb back. Both teams suffered bad losses this last week. Lots of love for the Bengals except this week might be tough to say that. Falcons have been our krypton ire and Houston has been yours. Hopefully we both can get past those guys and we play in the Super Bowl this year although it's not looking good for both of us so far. Looking forward to playing our buddies this week. See you Sunday at 4:25 in Lambeau.

I like you, PB, but I hope to God we go into Green Bay and whoop your ASS. I want a beatdown of epic proportions. I want us to win in such a fashion that it leaves EVERYONE speechless. When they show our highlights, there is no talking because it's so unbelievable. I want there to be a QB controversy afterwards because McCarron threw 8 TDs to Daltons 7 (who was pulled because the lead was so huge).

I know it ain't gonna happen, but it's what I want.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 03:27 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  I remembered it was Carter but not the first name.  Easy to see why I couldn't remember, Joe being such a difficult name and all.

LOL....well, between the two of us, we could have figured it out.  I just remembered Joe, so I had to google his last name. LOL 

Reply/Quote

F that Packer.  Take no offense, but I hope its a shit show of epic proportions.  I want to see a beat down so bad and so ugly one team doesn't even come back the same team. 

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Whoever wins I just hope it is a great game that remains close to the end for Camcat to watch down from his heavenly home.

If somehow a heroic win happens for either team (because he loved them both) will credit him and know he was present.

Instead of winning one for the Gipper, how about win this one for Camcat !

Still almost brings a tear to my eye when reminded of him. Kid was a true fighter.

Who-Dey Cam !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 01:53 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Nobody likes the Packers or Rodgers outside of Green Bay just like nobody likes the Steelers or Patriots either.

Never could I possibly hate the Pack as much as the steelers. Not even the slimmest of chances. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 03:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I like you, PB, but I hope to God we go into Green Bay and whoop your ASS. I want a beatdown of epic proportions. I want us to win in such a fashion that it leaves EVERYONE speechless. When they show our highlights, there is no talking because it's so unbelievable. I want there to be a QB controversy afterwards because McCarron threw 8 TDs to Daltons 7 (who was pulled because the lead was so huge).

I know it ain't gonna happen, but it's what I want.  ThumbsUp

Bullock's leg will literally fall off. Just like... pop and blood everywhere.

15 PATs, an unknown number of FGs, and at least 17 kickoffs and running down for coverage.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: Was it there that What's-his-face hit the homer off What's-his-face to win the WS?  That ball seemed to fly pretty good.

(09-19-2017, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....lol.  I do remember Jose Canseco absolutely crushing one up there.  Seems Cecil Fielder hit a few titanic shots there too.

Indeed, my favourite player during childhood, Joe Carter (another fantastic human being). Hit it off of Mitch Williams, who was NEVER the same after that series.

Joe had great numbers, year in, year out, but was a bit overrated when you get down to it.

Canseco hit the 5th deck twice; once in the infamous '89 ALCS (which you're referring to) and once in '98, when he was with us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 06:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Whoever wins I just hope it is a great game that remains close to the end for Camcat to watch down from his heavenly home.

If somehow a heroic win happens for either team (because he loved them both) will credit him and know he was present.

Instead of winning one for the Gipper, how about win this one for Camcat !

Still almost brings a tear to my eye when reminded of him. Kid was a true fighter.

Who-Dey Cam !

:heart: WhoDey2 :andy:

(09-20-2017, 10:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed, my favourite player during childhood, Joe Carter (another fantastic human being). Hit it off of Mitch Williams, who was NEVER the same after that series.

Joe had great numbers, year in, year out, but was a bit overrated when you get down to it.

Canseco hit the 5th deck twice; once in the infamous '89 ALCS (which you're referring to) and once in '98, when he was with us.

Yep, that's the one!  Didn't he have one bounce off his head for a HR there too?

The "Wild Thing".....there's a trip down memory lane! :andy:

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:31 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: :heart: WhoDey2 :andy:

Yep, that's the one!  Didn't he have one bounce off his head for a HR there too?

The "Wild Thing".....there's a trip down memory lane! :andy:

lol I believe that was at Tiger Stadium, but I'm not sure...
Reply/Quote
If we somehow lose this week at least we will have lost to a classy team. I hope we can pull it out but I'm nervous actually.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 07:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bullock's leg will literally fall off. Just like... pop and blood everywhere.

15 PATs, an unknown number of FGs, and at least 17 kickoffs and running down for coverage.

Oh how glorious it will be!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:07 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh how glorious it will be!  ThumbsUp

Good luck Sunday Phil. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:17 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Good luck Sunday Phil. 

Right back atcha, buddy. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:19 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Right back atcha, buddy. ThumbsUp

You've always been one of the funniest guys on the board. Well Wyche is funny too.
Reply/Quote
In all of this, I too forgot to wish you the best of games on Sunday, PB!

But I hope we have another sitch like Johnathan Franklin in '13; would be a wonderful victory! Wink
Reply/Quote
Fun fact about Aaron Rodgers:

He has beat every team in the NFL (besides his own) except one.

Guess who?

Hint: They wear stripes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote