Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Soy Boy, Deep State, China Paid, Antifa Libz...
(01-22-2021, 10:53 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: My favorite thing Fox News is doing is saying Joe Biden is attacking Trump's base by openly acknowledging and denouncing white supremacists. What's even better about that is some Congressmen are saying they're being attacking by Biden acknowledging and condemning white supremacists.

I just wonder if they understand the optics of everything they're flying off the handle about.

They could be "flying off the handle" at the notion of being labeled with a false broad generalization.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could be "flying off the handle" at the notion of being labeled with a false broad generalization.

But profiling works.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could be "flying off the handle" at the notion of being labeled with a false broad generalization.

Except Biden didn't outright call anyone a white supremacists. He said white supremacy is an issue the country has to overcome and Fox News and these members of Congress to offense to the very notion that white supremacy is a problem.

I'm not hear to call anyone anything, but if the president saying we have a white supremacy issue in this country upsets you, you might wanna check your closet for some white robes.

(Please note I'm using "you" and "your" in a general sense and am not implying any member of this board is a white supremacists or has any dealings with white supremacists)
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 05:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Except Biden didn't outright call anyone a white supremacists. He said white supremacy is an issue the country has to overcome and Fox News and these members of Congress to offense to the very notion that white supremacy is a problem.

That definitely needs to be applied evenly.  If hate, violence and destruction are horrible from some who are being painted as Trump supporters;  Where is all of the Democrat outrage when Leftist groups like BLM and Antifa convey hate, violence and destruction?

In fact, I seem to remember our current VP making statements supportive of them, as well as endorsing and contributing to a bail fund for that mob of degenerates that traveled from city to city, burning and looting all Summer long.

To be clear;  Sunset's official position is that using hate, violence and destruction as a way to get one's way is bad, on either side of a coin.  What I want is to see the condemnation and portrayal to be distributed evenly on both sides from each side.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That definitely needs to be applied evenly.  If hate, violence and destruction are horrible from some who are being painted as Trump supporters;  Where is all of the Democrat outrage when Leftist groups like BLM and Antifa convey hate, violence and destruction?

In fact, I seem to remember our current VP making statements supportive of them, as well as endorsing and contributing to a bail fund for that mob of degenerates that traveled from city to city, burning and looting all Summer long.

To be clear;  Sunset's official position is that using hate, violence and destruction as a way to get one's way is bad, on either side of a coin.  What I want is to see the condemnation and portrayal to be distributed evenly on both sides from each side.

So you missed the part where Biden condemned the looting and violence. Got it.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 09:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So you missed the part where Biden condemned the looting and violence. Got it.

Dude, he wasn't even Pres then.  Where is the outrage from the Mayors of those cities, the Governors of those States, the Representatives from those districts, and Senators from those States?

Why is the current VP on record saying and doing the things that she did?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

(01-22-2021, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That definitely needs to be applied evenly.  If hate, violence and destruction are horrible from some who are being painted as Trump supporters;  Where is all of the Democrat outrage when Leftist groups like BLM and Antifa convey hate, violence and destruction?

You have refused to condemn the attack on the Capitol by name and cry foul at a politician noting that white supremacists are a problem in this nation, one that the DHS of the last Republican and Democratic administrations noted pose the largest terror threat to our nation, because you believe that noting this threat unfairly and falsely applies a broad label...

but you are happy to characterize the entire BLM movement as a violent, hate movement despite the fact that nearly 95% of the demonstrations this summer were peaceful. 

So if you are curious as to why politicians, such as the Vice President, supported these demonstrations... it's because the vast majority were peaceful. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: but you are happy to characterize the entire BLM movement as a violent, hate movement despite the fact that nearly 95% of the demonstrations this summer were peaceful. 

Are you sure that it was only 5% of their demonstrations that sacked, looted and burned multiple cities?  I mean, do you have a link with statistics that backs this up?

It's all in the portrayal of the situation.  The primary media failed the US citizens by portraying these riots carried out by groups like BLM and Antifa (yes, they seem to work in concert in a lot of situations)  as "mostly peaceful", when the same tagline precedes every story related to a city getting ransacked.  The media presenting "peaceful protests" as the big story, and then downplaying the destruction that ensued is pretty much lying to the American public.  

Mainstream media has as much to be ashamed of as the "alt media".  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that it was only 5% of their demonstrations that sacked, looted and burned multiple cities?  I mean, do you have a link with statistics that backs this up?

It's all in the portrayal of the situation.  The primary media failed the US citizens by portraying these riots carried out by groups like BLM and Antifa (yes, they seem to work in concert in a lot of situations)  as "mostly peaceful", when the same tagline precedes every story related to a city getting ransacked.  The media presenting "peaceful protests" as the big story, and then downplaying the destruction that ensued is pretty much lying to the American public.  

Mainstream media has as much to be ashamed of as the "alt media".  Mellow

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

Princeton did a study

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

Princeton did a study

Yes, but do you you have anything from a right-biased tabloid stating that their opinion is only a small percentage of the events were violent?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 07:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, but do you you have anything from a right-biased tabloid stating that their opinion is only a small percentage of the events were violent?

The 24/7 news cycle is an addiction. It’s got me. And I guess when you try a gateway drugs like Fauxnews it can lead you down a slippery slope. I tried it but didn’t inhale.

Shortest month coming up so that means it’s a good time for me to give up drinking for a month. It would probably greatly benefit my mental health if I laid off the headlines for that month too. With boring ass Biden it may make it even easier to do.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 09:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The 24/7 news cycle is an addiction. It’s got me. And I guess when you try a gateway drugs like Fauxnews it can lead you down a slippery slope. I tried it but didn’t inhale.

Shortest month coming up so that means it’s a good time for me to give up drinking for a month. It would probably greatly benefit my mental health if I laid off the headlines for that month too. With boring ass Biden it may make it even easier to do.
I had four "news" shows on my DVR and now it's down to one. I don't have the anxiety that I had with Trump in office and I don't feel the need to keep up with a Dunce whose main goal was to win the next news cycle. As I stated before, I slept just fine during the Trump presidency. It was waking up everyday going "What did this idiot do, say or tweet that pushed us backwards or embarrassed us on the world stage." It feels wonderful to not having that hanging over my head every single morning.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Thank Jebus he didn't wear a tan suit too.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else still waiting on their Soros check?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 02:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thank Jebus he didn't wear a tan suit too.

She got ratio'd pretty hard

Reply/Quote
Meh, if they went out of their way to make sure no cords were on the floor they'd be all like "Oooh, worried ol' grampa Joe is gonna fall and break a hip! Look at all these wires all over the place when Trump was in office!"
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 03:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She got ratio'd pretty hard

Yeah.  I'm surprised she didn't come back with "oh whataboutism!" or "oh the tolerant left is at it again".
Reply/Quote
Oh.

Zero talk of Trump's golf trips for four years...including during the pandemic...but, sure.
Reply/Quote
Can you picture a "real" man like Trump doing this?

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Can you picture a "real" man like Trump doing this?

This is going to be the next four years, isn't it?  "Can you imagine Trump doing this?!?"  "Can you imagine what Trump would have done in this situation?!?"

Yawn
Reply/Quote