Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Higgins comments
I have not seen a player so under appreciated by a fanbase
Than I have with Tee Higgins. All I hear are
Comments like " he's not a number 1...he's good ..but
He is not great....Pittman is better than him. Blah blah
People need to stop comparing Higgins to Chase too.
They are 2 different WRs. People forget Higgins almost
Had a 1000 yd rookie season with no Chase and a broken AJ Green and a offense still finding itself
As far as Pittman goes. Let me know when Pittman
Has a monster game vs a division rival in a playoff
Race. Off memory Higgins has a better TD to catch ratio
To Pittman. If Higgins had as many targets
As Pittman then Higgins numbers would easily
Overshadow Pittmans stats. Tee Higgins
Is a better WR than Michael Pittman.
Do the eye test
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was listening to Solomon Wilcots in Sirius the AM and he said folks often equate these trade demands to being disgruntled or a malcontent,

He said Tee is the best locker room guy there is. Has never once complained about anything, such as last year when he was eligible for an extension and it never came.

Never complained about being "2nd-fiddle", stepped up when JC went down.

The only reason I ever wanted Tee gone was because I think he "earned it", but this team is much better with him on the team

If the offer is accurate, we're almost giving him that amount already.    Sign him.  That money will be more than reasonable down the road.   A room that features Chase, Tee and Burton is a long term excellent WR room for the next 4 years.

Just get it done and stop messing around with it and creating ill will.  I realize that NFL players are an entitled lot, but you need to check your boxes (for Hendrickson too):
    Give them no reason to worry about money for 4 years
    Give them a competitive salary (what they have earned)
    Treat them with respect (don't wait a full year to talk to your player cuz you don't like their agent)

I doubt 23 mil a year is what his agent wanted.   I'm thinking closer to 25 - 27.   If this is what he's asking it seems like he is wanting to stay.

In the next couple of years we're going to have to upgrade the IOL room, CB room and LB room.   Let this be the year we shored up OT, TE and WR
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:42 AM)3wt Wrote: If the offer is accurate, we're almost giving him that amount already.    Sign him.  That money will be more than reasonable down the road.   A room that features Chase, Tee and Burton is a long term excellent WR room for the next 4 years.

Just get it done and stop messing around with it and creating ill will.  I realize that NFL players are an entitled lot, but you need to check your boxes (for Hendrickson too):
    Give them no reason to worry about money for 4 years
    Give them a competitive salary (what they have earned)
    Treat them with respect (don't wait a full year to talk to your player cuz you don't like their agent)

I doubt 23 mil a year is what his agent wanted.   I'm thinking closer to 25 - 27.   If this is what he's asking it seems like he is wanting to stay.

In the next couple of years we're going to have to upgrade the IOL room, CB room and LB room.   Let this be the year we shored up OT, TE and WR
Wouldn't that be bad negotiating? Trey signed a contract last season, now they want to redo it. Kind of disrespectful, because they know we can't do anything until the 12 months are up. Tee was offered that deal last offseason when it would have been a fair deal and it wasn't enough. So not sure why all of a sudden, the "Cheap Bengals" narrative is the cry. If Tee wants to be here, then he needs to be realistic and try negotiating for what he deserves.  
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wouldn't that be bad negotiating? Trey signed a contract last season, now they want to redo it. Kind of disrespectful, because they know we can't do anything until the 12 months are up. Tee was offered that deal last offseason when it would have been a fair deal and it wasn't enough. So not sure why all of a sudden, the "Cheap Bengals" narrative is the cry. If Tee wants to be here, then he needs to be realistic and try negotiating for what he deserves.  

How soon they forgot Burrows contract...  You cant pay everyone top dollar lol
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)XenoMorph Wrote: How soon they forgot Burrows contract...  You cant pay everyone top dollar lol

"..but Burrow's going to sign a special Team-Friendly deal that will allow the team to retain his weapons. He's just different that way"

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952exgh7e9ii2unz29q1xt...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)XenoMorph Wrote: How soon they forgot Burrows contract...  You cant pay everyone top dollar lol

Then trade him to the highest bidder instead. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)J24 Wrote: Then trade him to the highest bidder instead. 

And what if the highest bidder wasn’t offering enough for the bengals to accept?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)J24 Wrote: Then trade him to the highest bidder instead. 

I probly would have but dont know what was offered or what the bengals expect.

He is getting a pretty nice 1 year payout. if he signs it
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)BenZoo2 Wrote: And what if the highest bidder wasn’t offering enough for the bengals to accept?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which would be?

(8 hours ago)XenoMorph Wrote: I probly would have but dont know what was offered or what the bengals expect.

He is, but how is keeping Tee for 1 year  beneficiary for the Bengals long term.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)XenoMorph Wrote: I probly would have but dont know what was offered or what the bengals expect.

I shared Solly's a few posts earlier, but one thing he did say was he doesn't feel bad for Tee given he'll make $21 MIL this year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They should have signed Tee last offseason. That’s the moral of the story.

Only sense not to is if Chase is extended this offseason. Chase seems content to wait on others to set the market so his extension isn’t a given unless the market gets set this summer.

Signing Tee last offseason and we’d have two years under the extension heading into next offseason when Chase likely will get his extension…. This paying two wr1 argument would be moot for the most part when his average in 2022 would look like a bargain compared to the market average in 2025.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(2 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: They should have signed Tee last offseason. That’s the moral of the story.

Only sense not to is if Chase is extended this offseason. Chase seems content to wait on others to set the market so his extension isn’t a given unless the market gets set this summer.

Signing Tee last offseason and we’d have two years under the extension heading into next offseason when Chase likely will get his extension…. This paying two wr1 argument would be moot for the most part when his average in 2022 would look like a bargain compared to the market average in 2025.

Were they supposed to hold a gun to his head and make him sign it last year? They made a very fair deal last year, Tee said, Nah and then he shit the bed last season.
Reply/Quote