• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Higgins fractured rib

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Time for Yoshi to cement himself as part of the next iteration of this WR corps
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well there goes that trade.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
What play did this occur? It was tough to watch the whole game so I probably missed it.
Reply/Quote
Hate to see this.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well there goes that trade.

We should have traded him while he had more value.
Reply/Quote
If his drops didn’t drop his trade value…

At least they didn’t pay him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: We should have traded him while he had more value.

When do the Bengals do that?

But yeah, and I'm sure Higgins has heard/read the trade talk, but he's initiated it when talking about wanting to prove he can be a WR1.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When do the Bengals do that?

But yeah, and I'm sure Higgins has heard/read the trade talk, but he's initiated it when talking about wanting to prove he can be a WR1.

The Bengals had a chance earlier this year.  They had several teams call to inquire about trading for Higgins.  I guess management thought the same thing as some of our fans, they would rather have Higgins play this year and walk after the season when he becomes a free agent than to trade him.  I always thought this was short-sighted and only hurts the team long term. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:09 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals had a chance earlier this year.  They had several teams call to inquire about trading for Higgins.  I guess management thought the same thing as some of our fans, they would rather have Higgins play this year and walk after the season when he becomes a free agent than to trade him.  I always thought this was short-sighted and only hurts the team long term. 

I had no problem not trading him earlier. They are trying to win a Super Bowl. But now, if he hadn’t been injured, I’d have no problem trading him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
6 weeks to heal a fracture rib.... think you can still trade him and a team will benefit for the 2nd half of the season and beyond if they extend him.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well there goes that trade.

Do you think our FO was actually entertaining the idea of trading Tee mid-season, though?  Have we moved beyond the notion that such things are "making other teams better" yet?  I don't know, I just doubt this FO has any plan for Tee other than "wait 'til next year and we'll get something done, I'm sure."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you think our FO was actually entertaining the idea of trading Tee mid-season, though?  Have we moved beyond the notion that such things are "making other teams better" yet?  I don't know, I just doubt this FO has any plan for Tee other than "wait 'til next year and we'll get something done, I'm sure."

Probably not. God they say such stupid things sometimes.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Probably not. God they say such stupid things sometimes.

They're just being honest.  I know other franchises go overboard with the hirings and firings, but heads just can't roll in Cincy.  Our FO is going to be here until they're literally dust, ZT is going to be here as long as Marvin if he wants, and we're banking on Burrow being obsessed with winning football games while simultaneously preferring death to playing anywhere other than here.

Then again, maybe our 20 game winning streak starts in AZ.
Reply/Quote
What? No wayyyy. FFS!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you think our FO was actually entertaining the idea of trading Tee mid-season, though?  Have we moved beyond the notion that such things are "making other teams better" yet?  I don't know, I just doubt this FO has any plan for Tee other than "wait 'til next year and we'll get something done, I'm sure."

Yeah, I don't see them doing it, even though it could make sense. If they were 3-1, I'd say no way. Being 1-3 with no positives really happening, it should be time to think.

Expensive QB with a QB2 and QB3 just lucky to be here. Money will be an issue.
Chase can be extended next year, so that may be interesting.
Boyd is getting older, Mixon is probably done after this year. 
TE has been a roulette wheel of players plus Sample ( somehow )
Defensive backside is young, but the front is getting older and not much better.
O-line has been one player and four tackling dummies for years.

Bengals have a lot of holes to fill and considering how the draft goes, I think we need as many picks to hope someone is good.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
See what the Bears want for Chase Claypool
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Tee with his annual booboo

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See what the Bears want for Chase Claypool

Claypool is toxic I think. 5th or 6th.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Claypool is toxic I think. 5th or 6th.

Yeah, you could definitely buy low.

I'm thinking a 7th rounder or Cordel Volson and a 6th. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote