Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Higgins is Signed (To The Tag)
We got 'im:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1802004657796989096

So he'll report to TC

EDIT* fixed the title to reflect the tag, not long-term.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Good on Tee
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have been more optimistic about re-signing Tee than this board. Doesn’t mean it is better than 1-4 but it’s not 0-4
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don't think there was any real doubt he wouldn't sign the tag.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: I don't think there was any real doubt he wouldn't sign the tag.

True but I mean a second contract.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Not going to lie I thought he signed a long term contract. Forgot he hadn’t signed the tag yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: True but I mean a second contract.

I love Tee but I'm kind of tired of it at this point.

Can't really blame him but hopefully he comes in and plays hard or someone offers us a trade after an injury or something.

I don't think we give Tee a long-term deal. We have quality receivers outside of Chase and we have Burrow, who can make decent receivers look like superstars.

Don't get me wrong because Tee is good but how good is he without Burrow throwing him the ball?
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love Tee but I'm kind of tired of it at this point.

Can't really blame him but hopefully he comes in and plays hard or someone offers us a trade after an injury or something.

I don't think we give Tee a long-term deal. We have quality receivers outside of Chase and we have Burrow, who can make decent receivers look like superstars.

Don't get me wrong because Tee is good but how good is he without Burrow throwing him the ball?

He’s arguably the best #2 WR in the league. He’s probably around #15 in the WR rankings. We maybe can’t afford him. The only way teams can make it work is when players are endearing.

Reply/Quote
No surprise that Tee signed the Tag, happy he did it this early though so he can get to work and hopefully have his best season
of his career and win a SB before he leaves next year in FA.
Reply/Quote
The reality is Tee had a bad year in 2023, partly due to injuries, but the normally sure handed Tee was absent last year. If I am Tee and his agent, I am happy to get almost 22 million in 2024 for less than 700 yards in 2023.

Now, there are questions for both sides on a long-term deal. Tee wants to break the bank due to production prior to 2023, the Bengals have to have concerns giving Tee #1 WR money when he did not earn it in 2024.

I would love to see a compromise; Tee settle for back end #1 WR contract long term. If he did, I still think Bengals would at least consider it. Otherwise, it is up to Tee to show he is worthy of top 15 WR money in 2025.

I understand both sides and I would hope Tee would as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I tell him off rip. We want to keep you. We will tag you next year as well. But we will offer you a long term contract that guarantees more than the two years of franchise tags, let's work out a deal.

Physically dominant 6'4" WRs who can win contested catches don't grow on trees.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 02:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I tell him off rip. We want to keep you. We will tag you next year as well. But we will offer you a long term contract that guarantees more than the two years of franchise tags, let's work out a deal.

Physically dominant 6'4" WRs who can win contested catches don't grow on trees.

^^^^^^^^This times 100
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: I don't think there was any real doubt he wouldn't sign the tag.

I know it's been brought up in here before, but what is the going rate for a mid/upper tier WR. Tee is better than middle of the pack, but no chase either. Not even sure who to compare him to at the moment. Maybe Mike Williams?
Reply/Quote
Florio literally making stuff up in his article saying Higgins didn’t want to stay. Why do I even bother with PFT
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Right, but this is earlier than most probably expected. Bates didn’t sign his until late August.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 04:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but this is earlier than most probably expected. Bates didn’t sign his until late August.

Yeah, that is what I was expecting, just going off of history and the Bengals tagging players and it has never been good.

Hope this is much different and Tee plays great this year unlike Bates that year.

This is a good sign that he signed this early.
Reply/Quote
Glad he is signed; now he gets a whole training Camp to work neither Joe!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The trade Tee crowd will hopefully stop posting now. It is not happening this year.

FWIW, the tag at $25 next year could be a pretty decent deal. The cap will go up again, and a Burrow restructure can save SERIOUS cake (around $20 mil).

Still, he signed the tag sooner than I thought he would. Good news.
Reply/Quote
I think the front office played this well. They get to see what Tee can do this season, sink or swim on the tag. This also gives them a chance to see what the younger kids do. Maybe Yoshi goes off or Burton show great promise and we won't need Tee for 2025...
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 04:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but this is earlier than most probably expected. Bates didn’t sign his until late August.
He knew that he pretty much HAD to play this year and I believe all of the chatter about the younger WRs looking good in camp prompted him to come in early enough to earn his normal amount of targets in the regular season.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote