Poll: Who is the better wr
Ja'maar Chase
Tee Higgins
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins or Chase
Yesterday, Chase showed he could be a true old-school Bengal. I mean, what are the chances when a good throw comes your way AND you have your man beat?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:46 PM)Tony Wrote: What did Chase do when he was 1 on 1 on that bomb? Perfectly thrown ball too.. I feel bad for Burrow..

It's fair to ding Chase for drops, but there have been a lot more deep balls this year where Chase has gotten open and Burrow has misfired 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's fair to ding Chase for drops, but there have been a lot more deep balls this year where Chase has gotten open and Burrow has misfired 

That was such a huge drop and had more significance than any Burrow miss throw... That sequence couldn't of went any worst for Chase.. WRs just shouldn't drop that ball...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:07 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yesterday, Chase showed he could be a true old-school Bengal. I mean, what are the chances when a good throw comes your way AND you have your man beat?

The throw was perfect. It couldn't of been any better. It seems like he's always missing the easy ones..
Reply/Quote
Love me some T Higgins but Chase is the more complete overall player.

To be honest I don't think JC has even peaked his abilities.

Tee on the other hand I believe has shown the max to us.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Higgins is playing better right now, so I went with him. But if chase catches that TD you’re talking about a 130/140 yard performance.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Receiver 1: 958 yards, 8 TDs, 17.4 yards per catch, draws double teams
Receiver 2: 698 yards, 4 TDs, 13.4 yards per catch, matched up with guys like James Pierre…

whICh iS BuTteR

This thread is a perfect example of why someone would be on ignore...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Some of that is due to Higgins missing two games. Chase is more explosive, but Chase has also been dreadful for the last five games. People talk about defenses rolling coverage to his side and some of this is true, but he has had a huge issues with drops as well. He dropped a touchdown vs the Browns, dropped a touchdown which turned into a pick vs the Chargers (with two other drops yesterday). 

He has had opportunities to make plays, but he isn't making them. I do think Chase is more dangerous and he has been seeing more attention, but some of his deflated stats recently are his own doing whereas Higgins is making the most of his opportunities. It is closer than some people think.

It is. Higgins is no slouch. He was a steal in the 2nd round if you ask me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Aren't we lucky to have so many options.

Whoever's getting done today is the better guy.

Tomorrow he might not be so next guy up.
Reply/Quote
I believe it to be pretty close between the two.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chase is not turning out good - legit #1 WRs do not drop or bobble passes.

Maybe Ja’Marr Chase is still getting used to the NFL regulation size football.
Reply/Quote
Chase is more elite athletically compared to Higgins, but Higgins' size and hands keep him more consistent.
This is kinda like debating whether Chad or Housh was the better WR the years that both were getting 1000+ yards in a season.
Both good, Housh was more consistent but Chad could do things that Housh couldn't because he was more gifted athletically.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Some of that is due to Higgins missing two games. Chase is more explosive, but Chase has also been dreadful for the last five games. People talk about defenses rolling coverage to his side and some of this is true, but he has had a huge issues with drops as well. He dropped a touchdown vs the Browns, dropped a touchdown which turned into a pick vs the Chargers (with two other drops yesterday). 

He has had opportunities to make plays, but he isn't making them. I do think Chase is more dangerous and he has been seeing more attention, but some of his deflated stats recently are his own doing whereas Higgins is making the most of his opportunities. It is closer than some people think.

But people forget they Higgins has had the exact same problems earlier in the year. Dropped TDs, dropped deep passes, fumble against the Bears. Both these guys have made mistakes, I think they’re even on that front.

Both are very good, so the discussion is pointless honestly. However, to look at Chase and get upset while completely disregarding Higgins start to the season seems biased…
Reply/Quote
I went with Chase, but ultimately both guys are talented WRs with different skill sets. We're fortunate to have both nor need to examine it as who is better than the other.
Reply/Quote
Chase hasn't exceeded 52 yards receiving since Week 7.
The team has gone 2-3 in those games.

Neutralize Chase and you have a better chance to beat the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: But people forget they Higgins has had the exact same problems earlier in the year. Dropped TDs, dropped deep passes, fumble against the Bears. Both these guys have made mistakes, I think they’re even on that front.

Both are very good, so the discussion is pointless honestly. However, to look at Chase and get upset while completely disregarding Higgins start to the season seems biased…

Higgins has two drops on the season on eight less targets. I remember a drop against the Packers, but you're saying dropped touchdownS and dropped deep passeS. I'm not find anything on multiple dropped TDs and multiple dropped deep passes. 

Why would I be biased against Chase? Dude's a stud, I love the draft pick and I have full confidence in him. However, you came in here TaLkInG aBoUt hOw RiDiCuLoUs it is that the question is even being asked, so I responded. You're right, both are very good. Chase started the season off playing better and has since ran into struggles and thankfully Higgins is hitting his stride. All I said was that the two are closer than people think they are, Higgins is a really good receiver. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of why someone would be on ignore...

Nobody gives a shit who you have on ignore... You are ridiculous.  It's a football message board. Get over yourself... It's like the 5th time this dude has brought this up.. Obviously, no one cares....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase is more elite athletically compared to Higgins, but Higgins' size and hands keep him more consistent.
This is kinda like debating whether Chad or Housh was the better WR the years that both were getting 1000+ yards in a season.
Both good, Housh was more consistent but Chad could do things that Housh couldn't because he was more gifted athletically.

Good analysis.. I can agree with this...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:17 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Higgins has two drops on the season on eight less targets. I remember a drop against the Packers, but you're saying dropped touchdownS and dropped deep passeS. I'm not find anything on multiple dropped TDs and multiple dropped deep passes. 

Why would I be biased against Chase? Dude's a stud, I love the draft pick and I have full confidence in him. However, you came in here TaLkInG aBoUt hOw RiDiCuLoUs it is that the question is even being asked, so I responded. You're right, both are very good. Chase started the season off playing better and has since ran into struggles and thankfully Higgins is hitting his stride. All I said was that the two are closer than people think they are, Higgins is a really good receiver. 

I think we both agree and the reason I uSeD tHiS FoNT is because after a game like yesterday it just seems like a pointless comparison. Both guys are really good in different ways, one doesn’t have to be deemed better than the other. Point is, I could have easily made a “who is better thread” at the bye week and it would be a resounding agreement of Chase.

Chase needs to clean up his drops no question, but again they’ve both made game changing mistakes this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I went with Chase, but ultimately both guys are talented WRs with different skill sets. We're fortunate to have both nor need to examine it as who is better than the other.

That was the whole point. They are really close.. 1a and 1b.... It's a good problem to have...The poll results so far, show that too...
Reply/Quote