Poll: Who is the better wr
Ja'maar Chase
Tee Higgins
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins or Chase
I have to say Higgins as well. He's more reliable and may have a drop but doesn't let it affect him all game.

Chase right now either has a confidence problem or something because when your dropping as many balls as he is somethings wrong.

I thought Tee dropped a lot of balls last year as well but I'm going to guess that Chase has dropped more so far. Either that or Chase's drops are more glaring.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:17 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Higgins has two drops on the season on eight less targets. I remember a drop against the Packers, but you're saying dropped touchdownS and dropped deep passeS. I'm not find anything on multiple dropped TDs and multiple dropped deep passes. 

Why would I be biased against Chase? Dude's a stud, I love the draft pick and I have full confidence in him. However, you came in here TaLkInG aBoUt hOw RiDiCuLoUs it is that the question is even being asked, so I responded. You're right, both are very good. Chase started the season off playing better and has since ran into struggles and thankfully Higgins is hitting his stride. All I said was that the two are closer than people think they are, Higgins is a really good receiver. 

2nd year in a row that he has done that, took a little longer this season due to the injury but both of his years now he trends up as the season goes on and the games become more and more important. That is something you don't teach or coach, it is something you have inside you.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:35 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I have to say Higgins as well.  He's more reliable and may have a drop but doesn't let it affect him all game.

Chase right now either has a confidence problem or something because when your dropping as many balls as he is somethings wrong.  

I thought Tee dropped a lot of balls last year as well but I'm going to guess that Chase has dropped more so far.  Either that or Chase's drops are more glaring.
Chase is #4 in drops this year...  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chase is not turning out good - legit #1 WRs do not drop or bobble passes.

So, by this logic, Keenan Allen, Deebo Samuel, Chase Claypool, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are also not good or legit #1 WRs (or TE in Kelce's case) all of whom are among the league leaders in drops?

Also, you're saying Chad Johnson was not a legit #1 WR even though he was among the league leaders in yards simply because he was also among the league leaders in drops?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:32 PM)Tony Wrote: That was the whole point. They are really close.. 1a and 1b.... It's a good problem to have...The poll results son far, show that too...

& in that spirit, I hope the poll remains eternally relevant from week-to-week because both players are performing above fan expectations by racking up stats and contributing to winning football.
Reply/Quote
They’re both good. Impossible to choose.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 06:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & in that spirit, I hope the poll remains eternally relevant from week-to-week because both players are performing above fan expectations by racking up stats and contributing to winning football.

Hell ya.... I'm glad we got both and hope we can keep them around a long time. I think sometimes we forget just how young these guys really are...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 06:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They’re both good. Impossible to choose.

I don't think it's that impossible. 

I'm a huge Tiggins fan and i think he's going to be really good for a long time. Chase is a legit elite athlete/WR. He's going to be very good for a long time. 

Did everyone already forget that he's played a whopping total of 12 games in the NFL?  Mellow

Ya'll smokin crack? Head injury? What's up?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 06:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think it's that impossible. 

I'm a huge Tiggins fan and i think he's going to be really good for a long time. Chase is a legit elite athlete/WR. He's going to be very good for a long time. 

Did everyone already forget that he's played a whopping total of 12 games in the NFL?  Mellow

When I read the OP asking, "Who is the better WR?" I interpret as right now.
That's why I think it's difficult to answer.
Chase has the higher ceiling, but he's dealing with some struggles and getting more attention in coverage compared to earlier in the year.
So I think, "Who will be the better WR?" will undoubtedly be Chase, but right now it may not be fully clear.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

You described one guy with bolded italics and one without, using the exact same words, and the fact that some of us think it’s too close to call is making you hyperventilate?

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You described one guy with bolded italics and one without, using the exact same words, and the fact that some of us think it’s too close to call is making you hyperventilate?

"Really" and an emphasised "very" are the same word?

Ya, it's the crack. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 06:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When I read the OP asking, "Who is the better WR?" I interpret as right now.
That's why I think it's difficult to answer.
Chase has the higher ceiling, but he's dealing with some struggles and getting more attention in coverage compared to earlier in the year.
So I think, "Who will be the better WR?" will undoubtedly be Chase, but right now it may not be fully clear.

I don't see the argument of who is better right now. It's Higgins. He's picked up the slack that Ja'Marr left. 

Him seeing more deep balls is the big difference in their stats right now. 

Higgins is producing more right now.
Chase is the better WR "overall" and will put up better numbers in the end.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Really" and an emphasised "very" are the same word?

Ya, it's the crack. 

Yeah. Good one.

Reply/Quote
Well, surely the timing of this poll won’t sway the voting… lol

Anyway, Chase is the better all around WR. He’s a better deep threat due to his speed, he’s better at breaking tackles and gaining YAC, he’s more versatile (screens, sweeps), he’s a better blocker, etc. About the only thing Tee does better than Chase is high point the ball - for obvious reasons.

People like the OP also have short memories. Tee had his own struggles with drops during his rookie season. Anyway, I don’t really want to put either guy down to prop up the other. They’re both really, really good. But if you did a redraft tomorrow Chase would still go ahead of Tee.

What’s frustrating is we haven’t really seen both of them clicking at the same time yet. When Chase was going crazy for the first 7 weeks, Tee wasn’t very good (also had an injury in there), and now Tee is playing great, but Chase is struggling a bit. If we can get both of them playing their best football together look out.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't see the argument of who is better right now. It's Higgins. He's picked up the slack that Ja'Marr left. 

Him seeing more deep balls is the big difference in their stats right now. 

Higgins is producing more right now.
Chase is the better WR "overall" and will put up better numbers in the end.

Meanwhile, Tyler Boyd over here like, "Yo...what about me?!?!"
Dude's basically been demoted to WR3.
For someone who's had 2915 receiving yards the past 3 years, it's gotta kinda suck to not get more targets.

I personally thought the Bengals had good WR1 and WR2 in Higgins and Boyd that they could have gone a different position than WR in Rd 1, but I do like Chase. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
"Better" is a very hard word to quantify. It depends on what attributes you value more. To get a better idea, I'd look at them the way Madden does.

I think Chase has better speed, acceleration, strength, agility, injury (meaning he's less likely to be injured), trucking, ball carrier vision, spin move, release and deep route running.

I think Higgins has better catching, catching in traffic, awareness, carrying, short route running, mid route running and jumping.

In essence, I think Higgins is a better "receiver" whereas Chase is a better "athlete." It's hard to pick which is more valuable to the team. Chase definitely has the higher upside though. Maybe this time next year, there isn't even a debate. He just really needs to work on his catching...
Reply/Quote
Chase is a good WR,but man he needs to fix this issue with the drops.I mean it’s like over the half way mark through the season and he still has the same problem.
I’ve noticed,if you watch him closely,even when he does catch the ball,probably half the time he does make a catch it bobbles around some in his hands.He doesn’t seem to really snatch,but just sort of let’s it hit his hands.Thinking maybe that it will just magically Velcro to his hands?
He makes me nervous just watching him.
Like for instance a WR with really good hands,there’s no movement at all from the ball once they snatch it out of the air.
That perfect deep ball from Burrow hit his hands perfectly.I watched it again in slow motion,and I just don’t understand how he ever lost that ball.
Speaking of Tee Higgins,right now he is trending up,and looks very smooth in his routes.
Reply/Quote

If you don't catch 70 yard TDs every game, you're over hyped and falling off Broseph.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:56 PM)jason Wrote: If you don't catch 70 yard TDs every game, you're over hyped and falling off Broseph.

No it's not that.. I think they could both be #1s... Their skill sets are totally different.. I'll say it again 1a and 1b. I don't know why certain people gotta make it like I'm shitting on Chase... This was more about Tee being under valued....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 11:46 PM)Tony Wrote:   No it's not that.. I think they could both be #1s... Their skill sets are totally different.. I'll say it again 1a and 1b. I don't know why certain people gotta make it like I'm shitting on Chase... This was more about Tee being under valued....

Right.

Yet Tee has had stretches of inconsistency, injury, and drops.

Neither of the two are perfect.

He's just balling out now.

I don't think people dismiss Tee.

In fact a lot of people thought he'd feast this season.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote