Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Higgins signs new deal?
(04-19-2023, 09:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Jefferson is slightly better than Tee.

I'd take Cook if we waived Mixon and Cook freed up.

Slightly?  As in 2-3 tiers?  Jefferson can make a case for the #1 WR in the NFL, Tee isnt Top 10.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 10:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really?

https://fanspo.com/nfl/agents/todd-france/28450

JJ, you are not a serious person....

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 05:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: People are getting caught up in Tee's production as a second option vs. Jefferson's production as a first. The idea is basically "Well, Jefferson produces so much more because he is targeted so much more!" 

Which is true, yeah, but why is he targeted so much more? Because he is unguardable. He had 185 targets and caught 73% of them at 14 yards per catch. He is very consistent in getting YAC and forcing missed tackles. He can damage you from the slot and out wide. Down the field, in the middle of it or short. Contested catches? No problem, he has the size and ability to win those, too, just like Tee.

He can do everything that Tee does except he does it better and is able to do even more. The receivers I would put up there with Jefferson are Chase and Hill. Brown is also in that echelon. Tee isn't and I don't mean that as a knock on Tee, but he isn't even the best receiver on his own team. 

you're underrating Devante Adams. Guy was fantastic in 2022. And he was arguably the best receiver when he was with green bay towards the tail end

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 05:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Tee sometimes "disappears" for the same reason Tyler Boyd does - they aren't throwing him the ball. Tee didn't disappear when Chase was out.

In fact, one thing about our struggles against 2 high that bugged me was our not using Boyd in the middle of the field to defeat the scheme. Ditto Tee.

They aren't throwing him the ball because he isn't open. I saw plenty of film last year where Tee was used on underneath cross routes. Also, in no world are you going to target Tee more than Chase. Chase is just better than Tee - Tee can't make those plays like Chase did against the Saints last year and the Chiefs a year earlier. He's just not as gifted as Chase. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 10:05 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They aren't throwing him the ball because he isn't open. I saw plenty of film last year where Tee was used on underneath cross routes. Also, in no world are you going to target Tee more than Chase. Chase is just better than Tee - Tee can't make those plays like Chase did against the Saints last year and the Chiefs a year earlier. He's just not as gifted as Chase. 

And I’d add Tee’s disappearing acts come in games where others are doing well. I can’t remember a game where Tee wasn’t being targeted and there was no success elsewhere too. Usually if either one of Chase Boyd or Tee aren’t seeing targets it’s because the other 2 guys are winning their matchups fairly consistently
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think it was pretty obvious at the time too. Didn't most of us want Cook?

No, it was pretty split down the middle as both had off field problems, we know Mixon's, but it was singular, with Dalvin he had multiple.

I thought Mixon was going to be much better than he has been and I was wrong, Dalvin has been much better than I thought he would.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Nepa Wrote: While, I wasn't specific on numbers, just the concept of a team-friendly contract, I'll admit I can be pretty naïve in having faith in human beings to put others (fans, team, teammates) into the equation and not let the almighty dollar handicap the team. 

Tom Brady certainly did almost his entire career, until he went to Tampa Bay. Not only was he making salaries of $6 million/year, $10 million/year, etc., for most of his time with New England (with the eventual high I think of $30 million/year or so, at the end of his time there), but even after his Super Bowls, and MVPs, he took a three-year extension for just $27 million. He took that lower salary with the hope the team would have money to sign Wes Walker.  In other words, to make the team better.

I'm still hoping Tee will take a team-friendly deal. If not, if he's going to take top-five money, then I'm all for joining the trade Tee group. 

It helps to be married to Gisele Bündchen at the same time, who's net worth is somewhere in the $400 - $500 million dollar range..
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:24 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: It helps to be married to Gisele Bündchen at the same time, who's net worth is somewhere in the $400 - $500 million dollar range..

Eh, I wouldn't put much stock in what the wif makes. Highly doubt he could touch any of her dough.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, it was pretty split down the middle as both had off field problems, we know Mixon's, but it was singular, with Dalvin he had multiple.

I thought Mixon was going to be much better than he has been and I was wrong, Dalvin has been much better than I thought he would.

I didn't want us to take Mixon. He's been solid, but unspectacular.
Reply/Quote
Why hasn't Tee told his Agent he wanted to stay and signed like everyone said he would? If all it takes is the player who wants to stay telling his agent that, and the Agent doesn't have any control (as argued), then I guess Tee doesn't want to stay per those who kept saying his agent doesn't matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: Why hasn't Tee told his Agent he wanted to stay and signed like everyone said he would? If all it takes is the player who wants to stay telling his agent that, and the Agent doesn't have any control (as argued), then I guess Tee doesn't want to stay per those who kept saying his agent doesn't matter.

Could be a Burrow thing or many other issues.  This is a silly comment, why do you think an agent has final say?  Have you ever had an agent?  Ever hired an attorney?  I've had an agent & countless attorneys, they work for their client.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 03:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Slightly?  As in 2-3 tiers?  Jefferson can make a case for the #1 WR in the NFL, Tee isnt Top 10.

For sure.

Justin Jefferson
Tyreek Hill
JaMarr Chase
Davante Adams
Stefon Diggs
EDIT - Cooper Kupp (forgot about him because he only played about half a season last year and didn't get among the Top 20 in yards)

Those are the guys in true competition for WR1 in the league, at least in my eyes.

To round out the top 10, you probably got CeeDee Lamb, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle for sure.
Then you got guys like Deebo Samuel, Amari Cooper, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, Mike Evans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I wouldn't put much stock in what the wif makes. Highly doubt he could touch any of her dough.  Mellow

You keep saying that as if a wife with hundreds of millions of dollars buys a mega yacht, private jet, private island, or French Riviera mansion for ONLY herself and the husband doesn't get to appreciate or enjoy it at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: For sure.

Justin Jefferson
Tyreek Hill
JaMarr Chase
Davante Adams
Stefon Diggs

Those are the guys in true competition for WR1 in the league, at least in my eyes.

To round out the top 10, you probably got CeeDee Lamb, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle for sure.
Then you got guys like Deebo Samuel, Amari Cooper, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, Mike Evans.

Cooper Kupp?
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:39 AM)Garrus Wrote: Cooper Kupp?

I had a feeling I was forgetting someone when I looked at the list of receiving leaders from last year.
Yes him too up in that list of guys competing for WR1.
Thanks dude!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: For sure.

Justin Jefferson
Tyreek Hill
JaMarr Chase
Davante Adams
Stefon Diggs
EDIT - Cooper Kupp (forgot about him because he only played about half a season last year and didn't get among the Top 20 in yards)

Hate to say it because he absolutely has the potential to be the best in the league, but while 2021 Ja'Marr Chase is certainly in that first list 2022 Ja'Marr Chase is in that second list. You can't be on that first list if teams can easily neuter your ability to take over games. Need Chase to adapt and overcome in 2023 (and to clean up the drops).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 11:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hate to say it because he absolutely has the potential to be the best in the league, but while 2021 Ja'Marr Chase is certainly in that first list 2022 Ja'Marr Chase is in that second list. You can't be on that first list if teams can easily neuter your ability to take over games. Need Chase to adapt and overcome in 2023 (and to clean up the drops).

True, but how many sub 50 yard games did Justin Jefferson have last year?

6.  With some real clunkers - 38, 15, 45, 33, 14 and 48.
Reply/Quote
Zim whodey, means Zim what day is it? Answer not a Higgins signing day..
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 12:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Zim whodey, means Zim what day is it?  Answer not a Higgins signing day..

Zim whodey kind of wrecked his reputation. Maybe it doesn't matter to him. Maybe the extra exposure was worth a lot of extra clicks and name recognition. But his silence on admitting he made a mistake, or explaining his erroneous reporting, after so many in the media ran with his initial report, doesn't speak well for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 11:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hate to say it because he absolutely has the potential to be the best in the league, but while 2021 Ja'Marr Chase is certainly in that first list 2022 Ja'Marr Chase is in that second list. You can't be on that first list if teams can easily neuter your ability to take over games. Need Chase to adapt and overcome in 2023 (and to clean up the drops).

I feel like Chase and/or the playcalling did adapt after the first BAL game.
After that game, Chase had 703 yards, which was 100.43 YPG.
If he maintained that average through the entire season, he would have been right there with Jefferson and Hill.

Heck, even if he would have had his full-year YPG (87.2) but been able to play the whole season, he would have had nearly 1500 yards, which would have still put him Top 5.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote