Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Higgins signs new deal?
(04-18-2023, 09:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: He was in town last week - Remember he was back from vacation to sign his contract per page 3 and 4! 

Holey sheeet, man. Calm down! Give it 24 hrs! 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:47 AM)TheFan Wrote: You're the one who said you proposed the Bengals trade Tee for Jefferson. When someone asked why anyone would ever do that you said it depends on what others think Tee's ceiling is and what it woild be as a WR1. All indicators that you were comparing Tee to Jefferson. 

I was asking them what they thought Tee's ceiling was.... 

I wasn't comparing the two. I if anything began to argue that Vikings didn't need Tee to be Jefferson. When others compared the two.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, they can afford to keep all 3.  But at some point it's going to interfere with the teams ability to keep and maintain strong blockers and defenders.

Yes. And look at it from a production standpoint.

They're paying Burrow, Higgins, and Chase about $15 million this year.

Burrow 4611 yards 2 years ago.
Chase 1455 yards as a rookie.
Higgins 1091 yards 2 years ago.

I doubt that those 3 are going to increase those numbers that much. Burrow and Chase may increase 10%. Higgins might increase 25%.

Their salaries will go from $15 million to around $100 million.

The cap will increase which helps somewhat, but it could cost us 5-6 quality players somewhere else on the team.

I just don't see how this is going to lead to Super Bowls unless we draft VERY well.
Reply/Quote
You guys got to stop taking these clout chasers as gospel.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 12:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Everyone who has had a pulse for this, "deal," or an inkling or anything (including the Bengals Twitter account as well), has stated that he's been on vacation for the past week, but is back today.

It must suck being in the public eye, when people know the details of your vacations...

Yeah I don't follow players vacation plans or any of their personal life really.  Maybe if it is some big mainstream news article about something then I'll hear about it.  But again if that was me for that kind of cash I'd be in bubble wrap and on the first plane to sign and secure that guaranteed money then get back to the vacation.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 06:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only 24 more hrs, folks. 

Cool

At this point, I'd expect another 'boats 'n hoes' photo with Chase, off the coast of Florida before I would expect a contract extension to be announced.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love Tee, but we can't afford him, JC, and JB. Would love to trade him for a high draft choice.

I saw you got a thumbs down for this post Bfine. I think we can afford all 3, but just had to say I gave you a thumbs up to say that I
think we need to be open to all options. If we get some insane offer for him it should be in the cards. I don't think Tee is going anywhere
though from everything we have heard from Duke, Zac and the FO. But it is also a good way to blow smoke and make a team offer more
than they normally would for a proven WR that could be a #1 on a lot of teams.

You build winning teams from the trenches out and we have Burrow and will extend Chase. I think if we build around these 2 we will be 
fine but I am also just fine with keeping Tee as well. I think this team is different from those in the past that didn't win with 2 top WR's.

We can win a SuperBowl with Tee if we extend him and maybe even a few. But will have to draft very well. Also, if we extend Tee now in
a few years we can extend Chase no problem as the contracts would offset each other as far as the time goes.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw you got a thumbs down for this post Bfine. I think we can afford all 3, but just had to say I gave you a thumbs up to say that I
think we need to be open to all options. If we get some insane offer for him it should be in the cards. I don't think Tee is going anywhere
though from everything we have heard from Duke, Zac and the FO. But it is also a good way to blow smoke and make a team offer more
than they normally would for a proven WR that could be a #1 on a lot of teams.

You build winning teams from the trenches out and we have Burrow and will extend Chase. I think if we build around these 2 we will be 
fine but I am also just fine with keeping Tee as well. I think this team is different from those in the past that didn't win with 2 top WR's.

We can win a SuperBowl with Tee if we extend him and maybe even a few. But will have to draft very well. Also, if we extend Tee now in
a few years we can extend Chase no problem as the contracts would offset each other as far as the time goes.

We've been burned far too much in the past decade for going with an unproven draft pick over the known commodity (Ogbuehi/Fisher over Whitworth, Shawn Williams over Nelson, Redmond/Hopkins over Zeitler, the list goes on), so yeah, I'm thumbing down a suggestion of a trade for picks all day, every day.

Also saw my Jays trade Halladay to the Phillies for Kyle the POS Drabek, Travis D'Arnaud whom we never used and traded him away (with Syndergaard) for R.A ******* Dickey and Michael Taylor (who never made it past AAA with us and had only 37 games in the majors, with negative WAR), while Halladay went on to pitch a perfect game, a No Hitter in the playoffs, win the Cy Young first time out and the jays had a shitty rotation for the next 3 years.

And then coming back to the NFL: the Colts never traded Wayne when they had Harrison. The Rams never traded Holt when they had Bruce. Ditto Tampa with Godwin and Evans.

Trade a #1 WR for picks and weaken our offense long term? **** that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: Rather I agree with the FO approach on re-signing Tee, I think they would if they could work with the agent. They can't work with that agent so I propose trading him to the Vikings for Justin Jefferson who is up for extension and who we could work with (agent - Todd France - who fenagled $3,922,206 out of them for Scharping this offseason!), and not upsetting Burrow by reuniting him with his LSU duo. Vikings can work with Tee's agent without issue.

Is this satire?

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: He was in town last week - Remember he was back from vacation to sign his contract per page 3 and 4! 

Rather I agree with the FO approach on re-signing Tee, I think they would if they could work with the agent. They can't work with that agent so I propose trading him to the Vikings for Justin Jefferson who is up for extension and who we could work with (agent - Todd France - who fenagled $3,922,206 out of them for Scharping this offseason!), and not upsetting Burrow by reuniting him with his LSU duo. Vikings can work with Tee's agent without issue.

We re-signed Scharping for almost minimum this year. 1.28 spotrac says. He didn't finagle anything last year. We claimed him and inherited the end of his rookie contract which had playtime escalators kicked in. And he played a lot for Houston, which is why it was so much I thought.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 11:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We've been burned far too much in the past decade for going with an unproven draft pick over the known commodity (Ogbuehi/Fisher over Whitworth, Shawn Williams over Nelson, Redmond/Hopkins over Zeitler, the list goes on), so yeah, I'm thumbing down a suggestion of a trade for picks all day, every day.

Also saw my Jays trade Halladay to the Phillies for Kyle the POS Drabek, Travis D'Arnaud whom we never used and traded him away (with Syndergaard) for R.A ******* Dickey and Michael Taylor (who never made it past AAA with us and had only 37 games in the majors, with negative WAR), while Halladay went on to pitch a perfect game, a No Hitter in the playoffs, win the Cy Young first time out and the jays had a shitty rotation for the next 3 years.

And then coming back to the NFL: the Colts never traded Wayne when they had Harrison. The Rams never traded Holt when they had Bruce. Ditto Tampa with Godwin and Evans.

Trade a #1 WR for picks and weaken our offense long term? **** that.

Makes sense.
Reply/Quote

Rather I agree with the FO approach on re-signing Tee, I think they would if they could work with the agent. They can't work with that agent so I propose trading him to the Vikings for Justin Jefferson who is up for extension and who we could work with (agent - Todd France - who fenagled $3,922,206 out of them for Scharping this offseason!), and not upsetting Burrow by reuniting him with his LSU duo. Vikings can work with Tee's agent without issue.

The Vikings arent making that trade, hell they wouldn't trade Jefferson for anyone on the team short of Burrow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 06:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Vikings arent making that trade, hell they wouldn't trade Jefferson for anyone on the team short of Burrow.

I think Jefferson is slightly better than Tee.

I'd take Cook if we waived Mixon and Cook freed up.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Jefferson is slightly better than Tee.

I think JJ has AJ Green syndrome.... The only WR out there worth a damn and his QB always looks to him 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd before moving onto the next read.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think JJ has AJ Green syndrome.... The only WR out there worth a damn and his QB always looks to him 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd before moving onto the next read.

JJ is just a phenomenal WR and would be no matter where or with who he played with. He was 1/3 of that historic LSU offense, and put up insane numbers even with Chase there.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is this satire?

Isn’t this whole thread at this point? Or are folks still thinking the deal done and changing Chilli was further proof? 

As far as I’m concerned this whole thread is.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Jefferson is slightly better than Tee.

I love Dalvin and would certainly enjoy seeing him in stripes, just worry about his durability. He is already missed games in every season except one as a starter. Going into his 7th season, and age 28 season I would imagine his production will start to fall off.

The back I'd really like to see the Bengals go after in trade is Michael Carter from the Jets. Buried behind Breece Hall only 23 and has some ability. They have Knight and Johnson at RB as well so might be able to get him for a late round pick. If you can have him for a 6th, I'd think his production would be better than most draft picks in round 6. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 03:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We re-signed Scharping for almost minimum this year. 1.28 spotrac says. He didn't finagle anything last year. We claimed him and inherited the end of his rookie contract which had playtime escalators kicked in. And he played a lot for Houston, which is why it was so much I thought.

Really?

https://fanspo.com/nfl/agents/todd-france/28450

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 06:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Vikings arent making that trade, hell they wouldn't trade Jefferson for anyone on the team short of Burrow.

It is interesting they haven’t paid him. It’s a contract to keep an eye on as it relates to Chase. 

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think JJ has AJ Green syndrome.... The only WR out there worth a damn and his QB always looks to him 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd before moving onto the next read.

AJ Green was never 1st Team All-Pro, let alone Offensive Player of the Year.

Justin Jefferson is the best WR in football right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote