Tee is a no show at OTAs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:49 PM)pally Wrote: Tee is a no show at OTAs

He gone!  Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think any of the starting wide receivers are there lol.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/04/17/tee-higgins-jonah-williams-absent-as-bengals-begin-offseason-program/70122243007/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Will be interesting if we can strike a deal with his agent. It would be a first and I have my serious doubts it will happen.

I wonder if we cannot get a deal done with Tee and the lack of relationship continuing between the front office and David Mulugheta, whether the Bengals would consider avoiding future players who are represented by him?
Reply/Quote
I think Zac even came out and said some are finishing up their personal training and he expects to see them after that. DOn't read anything into those who aren't there. No one's talking about holding out. No one's talking like they're unhappy being with the Bengals (actually all I've heard is everyone's excited).

Higgins ain't going anywhere. I don't know how many times the Bengals have to tell people they aren't trading Higgins. Mike Brown LOVES keeping all his good players in the fold.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 05:02 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: ***

Higgins ain't going anywhere. I don't know how many times the Bengals have to tell people they aren't trading Higgins.  Mike Brown LOVES keeping all his good players in the fold.

Except Mike Brown never had to deal with the challenges of a team that went to a Super Bowl and two straight AFCCCs. I do hope your right: I would love for the Bengals to keep Higgins, Chase, and Burrow. But this is a challenge the Bengals never had to deal with. Heck, until the last two years, the Bengals never even won a single playoff game in Mike Brown's tenure. And these escalating salaries for QBs and WRs is coming at an inopportune time for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 02:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: Will be interesting if we can strike a deal with his agent. It would be a first and I have my serious doubts it will happen.

I wonder if we cannot get a deal done with Tee and the lack of relationship continuing between the front office and David Mulugheta, whether the Bengals would consider avoiding future players who are represented by him?

Wouldn't be the first time a team has tried to avoid dealing with a certain agent and their clients.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I love Tee, but we can't afford him, JC, and JB. Would love to trade him for a high draft choice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:49 PM)pally Wrote: Tee is a no show at OTAs

I don't think he's even in town yet. Let's not make drama where there is none yet.
Reply/Quote
If by the time of the draft, the Bengals front office feels it is unlikely they will get a reasonable deal with Higgins, then I think the Bengals should look for one of the top receiving TEs in the draft (if available), to mitigate the likely loss of Higgins. If they feel like a deal is imminent, then they can address another position in the first round and address TE later.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 11:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't think he's even in town yet. Let's not make drama where there is none yet.

He was in town last week - Remember he was back from vacation to sign his contract per page 3 and 4! 

Rather I agree with the FO approach on re-signing Tee, I think they would if they could work with the agent. They can't work with that agent so I propose trading him to the Vikings for Justin Jefferson who is up for extension and who we could work with (agent - Todd France - who fenagled $3,922,206 out of them for Scharping this offseason!), and not upsetting Burrow by reuniting him with his LSU duo. Vikings can work with Tee's agent without issue.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: He was in town last week - Remember he was back from vacation to sign his contract per page 3 and 4! 

Rather I agree with the FO approach on re-signing Tee, I think they would if they could work with the agent. They can't work with that agent so I propose trading him to the Vikings for Justin Jefferson who is up for extension and who we could work with (agent - Todd France - who fenagled $3,922,206 out of them for Scharping this offseason!), and not upsetting Burrow by reuniting him with his LSU duo. Vikings can work with Tee's agent without issue.

No one would trade jj for tee 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:49 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: No one would trade jj for tee 

Depends on what you think Tee's ceiling is? What do you think Tee's ceiling is as the WR1 on a team? 

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: He was in town last week - Remember he was back from vacation to sign his contract per page 3 and 4! 

Well, shit, if we are going there let's just trade Tee for JJ and Darrisaw. Why stop at JJ? And we'll make MIN pay for his extension. I just did this in Madden, pretty easy. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: Depends on what you think Tee's ceiling is? What do you think Tee's ceiling is as the WR1 on a team? 

Jeffersons worst year so far in the league would likely be Higgins best. There's nothing anyone has seen that could make them think he will be an 1800 yard receiver. 

The distance between Chase and Higgins is closer right now then even Chase to Jefferson, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 05:32 PM)Nepa Wrote: Except Mike Brown never had to deal with the challenges of a team that went to a Super Bowl and two straight AFCCCs. I do hope your right: I would love for the Bengals to keep Higgins, Chase, and Burrow. But this is a challenge the Bengals never had to deal with. Heck, until the last two years, the Bengals never even won a single playoff game in Mike Brown's tenure. And these escalating salaries for QBs and WRs is coming at an inopportune time for the Bengals.

I have had my issues (many issues) with Mike Brown in the past. What he’s always done, sometimes to his detriment, is hold onto players the team has drafted who have played well…sometimes they were nothing but a cancer on the team. Mike Brown stuck with them. The only time they’ve been traded was when the deal was overwhelmingly good (e.g. Carson Palmer to the Raiders) or the player had moved to the downside of their career (Cory Dillon).

HIggins said he wants to stay. The Bengals say they want him to stay. Katy and Tobin are two of the smartest people in the NFL. They know who to cut and who to keep. They’ve told us all this all season. If I can figure it out, I’m certain they can.

The cap is going to keep going up in the future. There are cuts that are easy to make that give them the space to maneuver with JB, TH and Chase. I think Collins is all but gone. MIxon…big pay cut or just cut. As much as I like Tyler Boyd, he’ll just play out his contract. We can find a cheap slot guy in next year’s draft. Put the rest in rookie contracts for TE and RB.

It’s all there. They just have to piece it together.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:06 AM)TheFan Wrote: Jeffersons worst year so far in the league would likely be Higgins best. There's nothing anyone has seen that could make them think he will be an 1800 yard receiver. 

The distance between Chase and Higgins is closer right now then even Chase to Jefferson, in my opinion.

They may not need a 1800 yard receiver. What has it done for them? That's the thing. Are they going to pay for an 1800 yard receiver and be 1 and done if they even make the playoffs? Or will they get better bang for their buck with Tee and his contract.

I think the argument in this scenario is do we need a Jefferson type receiver, and will that really help the Bengals outside of pleasing Burrow.

Reply/Quote
Are people on here shit talking Tee Higgins?

The Bengals will sign him. Why are people upset?

To those saying the BEngals can't afford Burrow, Chase, & Higgins. Yes, they can. The cap is going up every year. This won't be an issue. They will absolutely have to continue to draft well and sign strong, young, FAs on good deals, however.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:42 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Are people on here shit talking Tee Higgins?

The Bengals will sign him. Why are people upset?

To those saying the BEngals can't afford Burrow, Chase, & Higgins. Yes, they can. The cap is going up every year. This won't be an issue. They will absolutely have to continue to draft well and sign strong, young, FAs on good deals, however.

Sure, they can afford to keep all 3.  But at some point it's going to interfere with the teams ability to keep and maintain strong blockers and defenders.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: They may not need a 1800 yard receiver. What has it done for them? That's the thing. Are they going to pay for an 1800 yard receiver and be 1 and done if they even make the playoffs? Or will they get better bang for their buck with Tee and his contract.

I think the argument in this scenario is do we need a Jefferson type receiver, and will that really help the Bengals outside of pleasing Burrow.

You're the one who said you proposed the Bengals trade Tee for Jefferson. When someone asked why anyone would ever do that you said it depends on what others think Tee's ceiling is and what it woild be as a WR1. All indicators that you were comparing Tee to Jefferson. 
Reply/Quote