Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
High School Boys Are Trending Conservative
On the topic in the OP,, a HUGE part of it is social media. All you have to do is look at the different social media platforms and look at who's influencing teen boys. It's guys like Andrew Tate and the many others like him,, toxic male creators that are pushing the idea that men are being oppressed, women are bad or aren't equals, that they need to be super masculine, that mental health issues aren't a real thing, etc. They prey on their insecurities and give them bullshit solutions. The types of people that push for misogyny, toxic masculinity and conspiracies tend to be right wing,, so teens hooked on that shit will also tend to identify with the right wing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 03:09 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: On the topic in the OP,, a HUGE part of it is social media. All you have to do is look at the different social media platforms and look at who's influencing teen boys. It's guys like Andrew Tate and the many others like him,, toxic male creators that are pushing the idea that men are being oppressed, women are bad or aren't equals, that they need to be super masculine, that mental health issues aren't a real thing, etc. They prey on their insecurities and give them bullshit solutions. The types of people that push for misogyny, toxic masculinity and conspiracies tend to be right wing,, so teens hooked on that shit will also tend to identify with the right wing.

Extreme bullshit. Maybe they're tired of watching their future being pissed away by a party buying votes and want to save some future for themselves and their children? Sometimes it's that easy.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 03:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Extreme bullshit. Maybe they're tired of watching their future being pissed away by a party buying votes and want to save some future for themselves and their children? Sometimes it's that easy.

Liberals forced me to view sexual exploit and forcible detainment and oppression of women as a natural manner to bettering the future for my self and my children. 

Especially my daughters.   
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 03:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Extreme bullshit. Maybe they're tired of watching their future being pissed away by a party buying votes and want to save some future for themselves and their children? Sometimes it's that easy.

I guess I forgot how teen boys are so well known for their laser focus on the future of kids and politics.  Mellow
Reply/Quote

I don't know much about Andrew Tate.  Honestly, the first time I ever heard his name was when he had some little Twitter spat with climate goblin Greta Thunberg.  He may suck, like I said, I don't know much about him.  But I don't think that the type of argument you're responding to can be made about Joe Rogan.  He does not come across as any of the things described and appears to strive to have a wide range of voice and opinions on his show, which absolutely cannot be said about most mainstream shows.  To me the type of post your responding to is just a way of dismissing people disagreeing with their ideology as being brainwashed or bamboozled.  God forbid any one think differently because they formed their own opinion after due consideration. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 04:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know much about Andrew Tate.  Honestly, the first time I ever heard his name was when he had some little Twitter spat with climate goblin Greta Thunberg. [/b]

He's been all over the news for months because of his rape and sex trafficking charges,, but the only thing you know is about his fight with Greta Thunberg?

Too predictable.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 03:09 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: On the topic in the OP,, a HUGE part of it is social media. All you have to do is look at the different social media platforms and look at who's influencing teen boys. It's guys like Andrew Tate and the many others like him,, toxic male creators that are pushing the idea that men are being oppressed, women are bad or aren't equals, that they need to be super masculine, that mental health issues aren't a real thing, etc. They prey on their insecurities and give them bullshit solutions. The types of people that push for misogyny, toxic masculinity and conspiracies tend to be right wing,, so teens hooked on that shit will also tend to identify with the right wing.

I honestly have no idea who Andrew Tate is so I googled him.  Looks like he is a Libertarian?  Why do you feel like a 38 year old man is influencing teen boys in favor of the GOP?  He's also accused of rape....I thought having interest in committing sexual crimes was a trait of democrats.  Are we now trying to shift the narrative?    Hilarious
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 04:39 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: He's been all over the news for months because of his rape and sex trafficking charges,, but the only thing you know is about his fight with Greta Thunberg?

Too predictable.

Hmm, reading is fundamental.  I said the first I'd ever heard his name was over the Great Thunberg stuff.  I saw about the arrest subsequent, but didn't read up on it because it doesn't interest me.  At all.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 04:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know much about Andrew Tate.  Honestly, the first time I ever heard his name was when he had some little Twitter spat with climate goblin Greta Thunberg.  He may suck, like I said, I don't know much about him.  But I don't think that the type of argument you're responding to can be made about Joe Rogan.  He does not come across as any of the things described and appears to strive to have a wide range of voice and opinions on his show, which absolutely cannot be said about most mainstream shows.  To me the type of post your responding to is just a way of dismissing people disagreeing with their ideology as being brainwashed or bamboozled.  God forbid any one think differently because they formed their own opinion after due consideration. 

See that's the thing....if there's anything left wingers don't agree with they immediately call it right wing blah blah blah...we don't know who he is because he's not really relevant to conservative views....but since people on this board don't like him, they immediately associate him with conservatives.  

And no this isn't me assuming the worst, this is me stating a fact of the repetitive behavior on this forum :)

I wouldn't be surprised that if Joe Biden ever gets convicted of a crime, liberals well say "well he was the most conservative president on the liberal side we've ever had" as an excuse....
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 02:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I understand as a European neither of these things seem very important, and I don't say that as an insult to you at all.  But you're already accustomed to extreme limits on both these issues.  To me both of these rights are sacrosanct and anyone willing to give either up are either ignorant, uninformed or evil.  Or some combination of the three.

Ah, I get it. I will say though, the cases you present are a bit too thin for me to adapt them as being logical. I know you see that differetly, but your jump to gun confiscation seems quite far. The only politician of note I heard talking about that was Mr. O'Rourke who sunk his campaign over it. Free speech is similar, you have your suspicions about potential liberal SCOTUS judges, rather than examples of them actually behaving in a unconstitutional way. I will add this, you reacted quite protective of the actual SCOTUS against unproven accusations, I don't quite get why this thought does not translate to a virtual SCOTUS with liberal judges too.

That said, I understand the motivations still, but it's a tad tougher when the protector of said values is Trump. 2nd, sure. But free speech, I don't know. That's a man threatening everyone speaking his mind, calling the media the enemy of the people and implied it might be treasno not to clap to his state of the union speech, and then some. That's one more reason for me to not quite follow, but thanks for the answer anyways.

(08-02-2023, 02:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're confusing the political parties with conservative or (actual) liberal ideals.  Neither party is a very good representative of either ideology.  What I am saying is that extreme liberalism is just as flawed as extreme conservatism.  Both sides have good ideas and bad, and society tends to do best when both are represented.  Of course what constitutes both also changes with time, yesterdays liberal position can be tomorrow's conservative one, but neither side has a monopoly on good, or bad, ideas.  Unless you're trying to say that every position of the Democratic party is good and every position of the GOP is bad, which I'd be very surprised if you did, then I don't think you actually disagree with me to the extent you stated here.

I don't disagree with the points you make here. Maybe I was unclear, the thing I disagree with is merely tthe implication that if one party had all the good ideas, they would win all the elections. I have a fundamentally different take on this, I think over time it is only the pendulum that determines wins and losses and not the quality of ideas. That's all I was trying to say, had nothing to do with the actual state of the actual parties.

(08-02-2023, 02:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As for not being able to admit their wrong, I don't think that's an issue confined to Americans.  I've found most adults lack this ability, regardless of nationality.

Well, sure, that is true. Still, I only can compare Americans to a small subsection of Middle European societies; but if it were a competition between those, America wins the gold for me. It is not meant to be arrogant, it just is something I perceeived and needed to get used to. And it might not even be a natural flaw of sorts, for many people tend to react differently to me than they react to other Americans too. It's more a rule of communicating really, or maybe a collective notion that being wrong about something equals weakness or something of that sort. So, yeah, I thought it distinct enough to wonder about the causes for it.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 04:39 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: He's been all over the news for months because of his rape and sex trafficking charges,, but the only thing you know is about his fight with Greta Thunberg?

Too predictable.

He was more interested in the "spat" with a "climate goblin" young girl than Tate's exploitation and rape of women I guess.  The latter wasn't even worth a mention in what he knows about him. Mellow

To the point Tate is fave among the internet alpha males.  (Probably still is since he's being "falsely accused"...lol)

I didn't know much about him until he wanted to start something with Thunberg which actually led to his being arrested:

Quote:Authorities allegedly used Tate’s social media post in which he ridiculed a Romanian pizza chain, Jerry’s Pizza, to confirm he was in the country.

It is speculated that the arrest may not have happened if he had not posted a comeback video to mock Thunberg on Twitter.

On 30 December, Thunberg responded to the news that their online spat had aided in Tate’s arrest.

The climate activist wrote on Twitter: “This is what happens when you don’t recycle your pizza boxes.”
Burned by a "climate goblin".   Smirk

It was THAT that made me look into the fool.  But I have a morbid curiosity about things that some people just don't.

I can't compare him to Rogan because I have never listened to an entire show.  My problem with Rogan is even HE admits no one should listen to him but he also insists he knows what he is talking about.  He is "cynical" about all things in the a way that is more him just refusing to believe anything he doesn't understand.  And there is a lot he doesn't understand from what I have read.

Tate was getting people to pay him to learn how to "hustle" side jobs so they could have a fleet of car and beautiful women hanging all over them too.

Wonder who his target audience was?  Cool

These type of guys are just loud so people think that confidence makes them "right".  Like Trump is.  Like Limbaugh was.  They figured out that people don't want in-depth discussion or an avalanche of facts.  They want to be told they are right and everyone else is a "pointy headed liberal".  You don't need to fancy book learning or lessons from anyone who has more info than you to know it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter so climate change isn't real.  Or that the Clinton's have a body count of people they have had killed.  Or that Obama was the REAL racist. Or whatever you believe, those guys will tell you you are right and you are special!  And who wants to be told they're right, and manly and the rest of the world is wrong for not respecting them they way they feel they should be respected?  Young men.  Especially as the world changes and more non-men are in leadership positions and office.

To see young men swing to the right isn't a surprise...it's probably to be expected in this day and age. 

But I remind everyone again that the story said most are independent/moderate:

Quote:In April, someone posted Twenge’s chart to Reddit. The image also circulated widely on Twitter, the platform since rebranded as X. Other researchers took note.

The chart gave the impression, at least on first glance, that two-thirds of 12th-grade boys were now conservative. In the small print beneath, Twenge noted that she had omitted moderates.

The full story is messier and murkier. High school seniors, boys and girls alike, are more likely to claim no political identity than to throw in with either liberals or conservatives.

So this is really much ado about nothing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 04:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hmm, reading is fundamental.  I said the first I'd ever heard his name was over the Great Thunberg stuff.  I saw about the arrest subsequent, but didn't read up on it because it doesn't interest me.  At all.

Hmm, you're the one who said you knew almost nothing about Tate and then admitted you knew about the rape and sex trafficking stuff.

Sorry, your usual BS won't work with me.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 04:40 PM)basballguy Wrote: I honestly have no idea who Andrew Tate is so I googled him.  Looks like he is a Libertarian?  Why do you feel like a 38 year old man is influencing teen boys in favor of the GOP?  He's also accused of rape....I thought having interest in committing sexual crimes was a trait of democrats.  Are we now trying to shift the narrative?    Hilarious

Keep Googling. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 05:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: He was more interested in the "spat" with a "climate goblin" young girl than Tate's exploitation and rape of women I guess.  

Right,, like I said, too predictable.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 04:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: See that's the thing....if there's anything left wingers don't agree with they immediately call it right wing blah blah blah...we don't know who he is because he's not really relevant to conservative views....but since people on this board don't like him, they immediately associate him with conservatives.  

LOL.. yes, right wingers would never stoop to that level.

Plus, it's funny how right wing media has been propping him up, interviewing him and defending him for months, but conservatives can't understand the why Tate is associated with the right. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 05:52 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: LOL.. pot meet kettle. 

Plus, it's funny how right wing media has been propping him up, interviewing him and defending him for months, but conservatives can't understand the why Tate is associated with the right. Rolleyes

If you can point me to where i do that then im happy to eat my words.

Otherwise this is just gaslighting at its finest
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 05:54 PM)basballguy Wrote: If you can point me to where i do that then im happy to eat my words.  

Otherwise this is just gaslighting at its finest

Right, you would never stoop to that level,,

"I thought having interest in committing sexual crimes was a trait of democrats.  Are we now trying to shift the narrative?"---basballguy
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 06:00 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Right, you would never stoop to that level,,

"I thought having interest in committing sexual crimes was a trait of democrats.  Are we now trying to shift the narrative?"---basballguy

I don’t think you understand what the word gaslighting means, junior.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 06:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: I don’t think you understand what the word gaslighting means, junior.

Are those your words or not? I don't think you know what the word hypocrite means.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 05:34 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Hmm, you're the one who said you knew almost nothing about Tate and then admitted you knew about the rape and sex trafficking stuff.

Sorry, your usual BS won't work with me.

We really don't need a new alter far left troll who can't read.  Good news though, you've already made a predictable buddy, so cheers to that.  Smirk
Reply/Quote