Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
So, what is the right thing in these situations ?
I like to think I'm with supporting people and their struggles, but I wouldn't my daughter in this locker room if she felt uncomfortable

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us/teenagers-protest-a-transgender-students-use-of-the-girls-bathroom.html?referrer=
If you have the parts still, I think it's only appropriate given the ages, that you use that locker room. Maybe the teacher can give you a headstart or something.
And the same goes with the boys. If a transgender student with an outty identifying as a female is in the male locker room, it can make the guys uncomfortable, too.

I think the district could find a room so the student can change in peace. Or give them time in the female/male locker room a few minutes before or after the biological females.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-02-2015, 02:20 AM)Benton Wrote: And the same goes with the boys. If a transgender student with an outty identifying as a female is in the male locker room, it can make the guys uncomfortable, too.

I think the district could find a room so the student can change in peace. Or give them time in the female/male locker room a few minutes before or after the biological females.

and it would keep those little Huckabees out of there
This should be protested. And he should be returned to the men's locker room. You can't endanger half the school because of 1 person. Or even if there were 1 thousand at the school.

This is not respecting girls or the whole student body.

I get he says he is a girl but as long as he has male parts he needs to use the facilties based on his parts.

I would pull my girls outta this school so fast. No way should they or any girl be subjected to a naked boy in their locker room.
(09-02-2015, 02:20 AM)Benton Wrote: And the same goes with the boys. If a transgender student with an outty identifying as a female is in the male locker room, it can make the guys uncomfortable, too.

Boys would be fine. They would all probably have a good laugh at it and then could make a joke about prom dates. Guys always find a way to smooth it out.

All the Locker rooms I have been in that's how we have handled any gays. Good nature ribbing is what being a guy is all about.

Now what would be funny is if the transexual still got a girl date before one of my friends lol.
(09-02-2015, 06:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This should be protested.   And he should be returned to the men's locker room.    You can't endanger half the school because of 1 person.   Or even if there were 1 thousand at the school.  

I get he says he is a girl but as long as he has male parts he needs to use the facilties based on his parts.  

I would pull my girls outta this school so fast.   No way should they or any girl be subjected to a naked boy in their locker room.

Why do you have a problem with the locals making the decision?  And you never proved the first time, so I know you can't do it now, that there is a "danger" to half the school because one person get changed in the other locker room.

(09-02-2015, 06:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Boys would be fine.   They would all probably have a good laugh at it and then could make a joke about prom dates.  Guys always find a way to smooth it out.  

All the Locker rooms I have been in that's how we have handled any gays.  Good nature ribbing is what being a guy is all about.    

Now what would be funny is if the transexual still got a girl date before one of my friends lol.

And this says it all about your mentality when it comes to anyone YOU consider different:  "Make fun of them".  And "the boys can handle it while the girls never could."

May your god help you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
One of the good things about these laws and policies is that there has never been a reported case of violence in which someone used these laws to pose as a trans person to assault women nor a case where a trans person assaulted a woman.

There have been plenty of stories, however, of a trans person being assaulted when forced to use the bathroom of their sex rather than their gender.

If we are concerned about safety, this policy is the safest.

Practically speaking, it looks like she made the best decision by dropping the PE class to avoid all of this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-02-2015, 06:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This should be protested.   And he should be returned to the men's locker room.    You can't endanger half the school because of 1 person.   Or even if there were 1 thousand at the school.  

I would pull my girls outta this school so fast.   No way should they or any girl be subjected to a naked boy in their locker room.

I agree with you on whichever "parts" they have should be what determines the locker room they use. That makes sense IMO.

What doesn't make sense is you claiming they're "endangering" anybody, let alone half a school. WTF is that even supposed to mean? You may want to use a different word there.

(09-02-2015, 06:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Boys would be fine.   They would all probably have a good laugh at it and then could make a joke about prom dates.  Guys always find a way to smooth it out.  

All the Locker rooms I have been in that's how we have handled any gays.  Good nature ribbing is what being a guy is all about.    

I find it amusing how you think you know exactly what "being a guy is all about" and what a "proper girl" is and all of your usual schtick. You need to stop with the bullshit stereotypes pronto before you end up getting your shit kicked in. That is, if you actually talk to people like that when you're away from a computer screen. I'll assume that since you're still alive and able to type, you don't.
I'm of the opinion in most things, that people need to adjust to the world, and not the other way around. That is my approach to my alcoholism and hell even being left handed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-02-2015, 09:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm of the opinion in most things, that people need to adjust to the world, and not the other way around.  That is my approach to my alcoholism and hell even being left handed.

Exactly!

[Image: 9_17_2012_4_14_45_PM_300x214.png]

ThumbsUp
(09-02-2015, 10:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly!

[Image: 9-17-2012-4-14-45-PM-300x214.png]

ThumbsUp

Get your pics right.  You are wasting my time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-02-2015, 10:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Get your pics right.  You are wasting my time.

Confused
(09-02-2015, 10:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Confused

Broken link for the pic
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-02-2015, 11:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Broken link for the pic

Shows up for me...even in the reply.

[Image: 090215.jpg]

Sooo.....
(09-02-2015, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shows up for me...even in the reply.

Sooo.....

Doesn't show up for me either.  Where is it hosted?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-02-2015, 11:30 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Doesn't show up for me either.  Where is it hosted?

Its a secret.  

(I just linked it from it home site:  http://geekslop.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/9-17-2012-4-14-45-PM-300x214.png)
(09-02-2015, 11:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: Its a secret.  

(I just linked it from it home site:  http://geekslop.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/9-17-2012-4-14-45-PM-300x214.png)

That's throwing up a 500 internal server error.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-02-2015, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shows up for me...even in the reply.

Sooo.....

[Image: broken%20link_zpsj84clb5v.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

(09-02-2015, 02:20 AM)Benton Wrote: I think the district could find a room so the student can change in peace. Or give them time in the female/male locker room a few minutes before or after the biological females.

Unless I'm mistaken, they were offered a gender neutral staff bathroom to change in, but insisted on being able to use the female locker room.