Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill to IR
I think all three of these backs have shown what they can do with anything resembling a hole or even not having to dodge tacklers in the backfield.

What was so different about his rookie year? They blocked for him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 04:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Haha fair point. But I hope this means Mixon gets a chance to get into a rhythm with 20-25 carries a game. Sure, this is probably the worst Oline in NFL history but no RB on this team has had a chance to truly establish a rhythm yet... 

Although I guess Mixon kind of did in the first half against Pittsburgh but, y'know... He didn't do enough to earn more than 3 carries on the entire second half  Whatever

20-25 carries? He's averaging 2.9ypc, and the Bengals just had a game where they only had 27 offensive plays TOTAL. If you're not running well enough to get first downs, you're not going to get 20-25 carries, because there won't be enough plays in the game for it to happen. Unless you're proposing a gameplan where Dalton throws the ball only 5 times, and Mixon runs the ball 25 times for 50 yards.

Not to mention everyone who kept saying "20-25 carries" about Hill and now saying it about Mixon need to realize that really hasn't been a thing that happens anymore for like 4 years now. 23 carries a game is 368 carries in a full year.

The last 4 years there have been exactly 6 seasons of 300+ carries, and the ONLY one of those 6 who had at least 330 carries was DeMarco Murray in 2014. Unless you can put together the 2014 Cowboys OL (they had 2 1st team and 1 2nd team All-Pro on there that year) you're simply not going to have the bell cow workloads of old.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't get me wrong, the OL is a dumpster fire and clearly the biggest problem. I am just not sold on Mixon, or on the fantasy that 20+ carries a game is some magical threshold that makes all struggling RBs better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This makes losing Smith to the Brows worse.
Reply/Quote
Lordy how things change. Heading into 2015 could you even imagine the idea that Jeremy Hill would be replaced by a guy with a 2.9 YPC and 2 TDS after 8 games and Bengals fans would be happy? Well, happy trails Hill. We will continue to talk about how much of a bum you are while saying Mixon isn't a bum because Barry Sanders couldn't drive a semi for more than 2 yards behind this o-line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote