Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary goes down
(07-25-2015, 05:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think a single person here is surprised that the three of you like West.  It merely confirms my statement.

what exactly did West do that bothers you so much? Stand up for the constitution? Follow through on what he said ....
(07-25-2015, 05:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think a single person here is surprised that the three of you like West.  It merely confirms my statement.

Yet, you still refuse to specify what it is that you don't like about West?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-25-2015, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yet, you still refuse to specify what it is that you don't like about West?

Maybe he is against a strong black constitutional conservative.
(07-25-2015, 01:13 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I agree with this.  The progressives that have leadership in the Republican Party are Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, and their minions.  Jeb Bush is also a progressive, as was George.  Bush appointees have been responsible for the more liberal and/or controversial Supreme Court votes as well.  Roberts from GWB and Souter from GHWB.  Souter voted routinely with the Court's liberal members, and Roberts of course gave us Obamacare. 

Bonnie, I like Scott Walker.  Mainly because of his 'durability' if you will.  He won 3 elections in 4 years, in a predominately Democrat State.  He took a major State budget deficit, and turned it into a surplus.  He gave the surplus back to the citizens of Wisconsin, at the extreme bane of the Democrats in the Wisconsin State Legislature.  This man can get things done, he knows how to bargain with both sides of the political aisle.  People want to rag on him for not finishing College, yet he's still the Governor.. 

I also like Ted Cruz, for a whole host of reasons, (mainly dealing with boarder control and his dislike of dirty politics). 

Oh, and I would also throw Bobby Jindal in there. After hearing him address the media in regard to the theater shootings. This man can speak his mind clearly and concisely, on his feet, no teleprompter needed.. I hadn't given him a second thought, prior to watching him handle that press conference.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-25-2015, 06:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bonnie, I like Scott Walker.  Mainly because of his 'durability' if you will.  He won 3 elections in 4 years, in a predominately Democrat State.  He took a major State budget deficit, and turned it into a surplus.  He gave the surplus back to the citizens of Wisconsin, at the extreme bane of the Democrats in the Wisconsin State Legislature.  This man can get things done, he knows how to bargain with both sides of the political aisle.  People want to rag on him for not finishing College, yet he's still the Governor.. 

I also like Ted Cruz, for a whole host of reasons, (mainly dealing with boarder control and his dislike of dirty politics). 

Oh, and I would also throw Bobby Jindal in there.  After hearing him address the media in regard to the theater shootings.  This man can speak his mind clearly and concisely, on his feet, no teleprompter needed..  I hadn't given him a second thought, prior to watching him handle that press conference.

I like Walker too but I don't know his stand on guns or social issues. I would have to know more about him.    I'm still suspicious of Cruz after the whole TPA/TPP thing.  I know he made a great speech against McConnell, but that could all have been staged so Cruz could get back some of the support he lost from conservatives after TPA/TPP.
(07-25-2015, 07:14 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I like Walker too but I don't know his stand on guns or social issues. I would have to know more about him.    I'm still suspicious of Cruz after the whole TPA/TPP thing.  I know he made a great speech against McConnell, but that could all have been staged so Cruz could get back some of the support he lost from conservatives after TPA/TPP.

Walker is from Wisconsin, being about 98% wilderness.  I think it's safe to say that he is pro gun.  As far as social issues go, I think he battles with his beliefs, and the rulings.  He is an admitted Christian, and claims that his faith defines him.  However, he was a gracious guest at his sister in laws gay wedding.  He handled the press questions with grace.

Cruz is sincere, in my opinion.  Remember when he took the floor for like 28 hours straight, hoping to allow time for congress to reconsider, and not allow Obamacare to be passed?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-25-2015, 06:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, and I would also throw Bobby Jindal in there.  After hearing him address the media in regard to the theater shootings.  This man can speak his mind clearly and concisely, on his feet, no teleprompter needed..  I hadn't given him a second thought, prior to watching him handle that press conference.

I like Jindal too; however, I am realistic of his chances. He is arguably (Carson) the most intelligent candidate from either party. If he gets in the debates he is going to score so major points.

I would love to see Bush or Walker select him as VP candidate. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Walker concerns me over common core and his soft stance on the border. Yes I liked that he smacked the unions down. But I worry he will fall into the same progressive GOP we have had...

Now he is better than bush. I still can't believe anyone supports him.
(07-25-2015, 08:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Walker concerns me over common core and his soft stance on the border.    Yes I liked that he smacked the unions down.   But I worry he will fall into the same progressive GOP we have had...  

Now he is better than bush.    I still can't believe anyone supports him.

Yeah, that is the common argument on Walker.  However, he did pass that UW professors tenure were not protected by State Statute.  Now much funding goes back to the public and charter school system.  (still foggy on that common core thing, however, I think that he will see the light)  As far as the boarder situation goes, his State just hasn't been negatively affected by it, for it to be a serious issue to him, at this time.  However, I believe that he will be forced to choose a side, prior to being nominated.

You can call it "progressive GOP", but in order to get the entire Nation on board, a candidate must be able to appease all sides.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-25-2015, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that is the common argument on Walker.  However, he did pass that UW professors tenure were not protected by State Statute.  Now much funding goes back to the public and charter school system.  (still foggy on that common core thing, however, I think that he will see the light)  As far as the boarder situation goes, his State just hasn't been negatively affected by it, for it to be a serious issue to him, at this time.  However, I believe that he will be forced to choose a side, prior to being nominated.

You can call it "progressive GOP", but in order to get the entire Nation on board, a candidate must be able to appease all sides.

He is in the same camp as Rubio. Not full progressive but not full conservative. I rate him high. He just concerns me.
(07-25-2015, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Almost like the OP did it on purpose

Perhaps...but look at the OP....thou dost give him/her too much credit
Ok this will probably show my age but everytime I see new post in this thread I hear this song.... Yes I know I'm weird haha

(07-25-2015, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yet, you still refuse to specify what it is that you don't like about West?

I'll keep it in general terms.  Much like Ted Cruz, West represents a return to the hyperbolic, us vs. "THEM!", politics of the McCarthy era.  He actually thinks that around eighty democratic members of congress are secretly communists (leading me to believe he hasn't the first clue what communism really is).  He's a soundbite producing political hype machine, a product of the political echo chamber with iron clad opinions that cannot be swayed by contrary evidence, common sense or reasonable argument.  In sort he's a microcosm of everything that is currently horribly wrong with our political process.
(07-27-2015, 12:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll keep it in general terms.  Much like Ted Cruz, West represents a return to the hyperbolic, us vs. "THEM!", politics of the McCarthy era.  He actually thinks that around eighty democratic members of congress are secretly communists (leading me to believe he hasn't the first clue what communism really is).  He's a soundbite producing political hype machine, a product of the political echo chamber with iron clad opinions that cannot be swayed by contrary evidence, common sense or reasonable argument.  In sort he's a microcosm of everything that is currently horribly wrong with our political process.

Show me where he claims 80 Dems are communist?
(07-27-2015, 12:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Show me where he claims 80 Dems are communist?

First of all I appreciate you conceding the rest of my points.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2012/apr/11/allen-west/allen-west-says-about-80-house-democrats-are-membe/

Quote:West said, "I believe there's about 78 to 81 members of the Democrat Party who are members of the Communist Party." West said he was referring to the Congressional Progressive Caucus, and that the Communist Party has publicly referred to the Progressive Caucus as its ally.

But just because the Communist Party has spoken positively about the Progressive Caucus doesn’t mean that the Democrats in that Caucus are communists. Heck, West has often pointed out that he and U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich -- a liberal Democrat from Ohio -- agreed on a  resolution  calling for withdrawing from Libya. That doesn’t make West a Democrat.
(07-27-2015, 01:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First of all I appreciate you conceding the rest of my points.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2012/apr/11/allen-west/allen-west-says-about-80-house-democrats-are-membe/

The progressive caucaus is practically communist.   Several of them admit to wanting to socialize the economy. Plus having the communist party calling you an ally doesn't help your case.

And as far as anything else you say about Allen West.    It's obviously a witch hunt ... He is a good man, great congressman and is desperately missed.
(07-27-2015, 01:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The progressive caucaus is practically communist.   Several of them admit to wanting to socialize the economy.   Plus having the communist party calling you an ally doesn't help your case.

Annnnnndddd, point proven.  Much like your idol you don't know what communism is.  You're really anti immigrant (btw don't bother to try and spin it as being anti "illegal immigrant" it would be a waste of time.) so is the KKK.  In regards to this issue the KKK would consider you an ally.  Ergo, using you and West's logic, you are a Klan member.

{quote]And as far as anything else you say about Allen West.    It's obviously a witch hunt ...[/quote]

LoL, what's a witch hunt?

Quote:He is a good man, great congressman and is desperately missed.

By you, bfine and bonniebengal.  I'm still in awe that someone would actually consider you for mod.
(07-27-2015, 01:40 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Annnnnndddd, point proven.  Much like your idol you don't know what communism is.  You're really anti immigrant (btw don't bother to try and spin it as being anti "illegal immigrant" it would be a waste of time.) so is the KKK.  In regards to this issue the KKK would consider you an ally.  Ergo, using you and West's logic, you are a Klan member.

Quote:And as far as anything else you say about Allen West.    It's obviously a witch hunt ...

LoL, what's a witch hunt?

By you, bfine and bonniebengal.  I'm still in awe that someone would actually consider you for mod.

Yeah or maybe you just have a problem with anyone who advocates for any conservarive belief.
(07-27-2015, 03:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah or maybe you just have a problem with anyone who advocates for any conservarive belief.

No, not really.  I lean conservative on several issues; defense, crime and the second amendment to name a few.  I have a problem with any unintelligent, dogmatic and inflexible person.  I appreciate that you just accepted your klan membership without a peep of protest.
(07-27-2015, 10:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, not really.  I lean conservative on several issues; defense, crime and the second amendment to name a few.  I have a problem with any unintelligent, dogmatic and inflexible person.  I appreciate that you just accepted your klan membership without a peep of protest.

You should know better by now. The klan has always been a democrat thing. And will alwags be ....