Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary's Pathetic........
And desperate. And cheap.

Apparently, she held a fundraiser in the town I grew up in, which is a mile from where I live now. It's a tiny town with only the highway running through it and then just streets and subdivisions off of it, and apparently she couldn't even draw enough of a crowd to cause any traffic or any noticeable flows of cars.

Apparently, she was too cheap to even rent somewhere out to host this shindig, so she hosted it out of a person's house, and she was signing pictures of herself and selling them for $2,700 (which is insane), but word is that the entire event was just a huge flop.

In a time where everyone is so liberal and endorsing change, how is Hillary not running away with it?!

I just thought it was hilarious that Hillary's fundraiser/rally was a complete failure.

I wonder if it's like that everywhere.
Seems like I've heard of this "hosting in a house" thing before. Granted, it may have just been some state or local thing, but perhaps not something to take meaning from.

Although does kind of seem like she's slummin' it for a low return.

On a somewhat related note, watched Bill Maher for the first time in 2 years this week...And in between his Bernie Sanders circle-jerk, he had Michael Moore on - crowd went wild (which tells you just how ***** stupid that show and audience is). What was funny was they talked about all the great things Europe has that we could, too...sure, taxes would be a "little" higher....and, sure, their economy is a "little" worse than ours....but, hey, it's all good.
--------------------------------------------------------

Two big ol' jokes running for president. I can't say we don't deserve this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Hosting meet and greets in homes happens on just about every stop. Usually it's at the home of a bigger supporter or local party head.
(05-16-2016, 01:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In a time where everyone is so liberal and endorsing change, how is Hillary not running away with it?!

Because, and this may come as a shock to many people, she ain't all that liberal. She's a Reagan-era Republican. Hillary will not be a change in anything, she isn't very progressive, she is the same old story without a Y-chromosome.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-16-2016, 08:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because, and this may come as a shock to many people, she ain't all that liberal. She's a Reagan-era Republican. Hillary will not be a change in anything, she isn't very progressive, she is the same old story without a Y-chromosome.

Ah crap...you aid the "p" word.

Here comes Beetlejuice. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2016, 08:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because, and this may come as a shock to many people, she ain't all that liberal. She's a Reagan-era Republican. Hillary will not be a change in anything, she isn't very progressive, she is the same old story without a Y-chromosome.

Pretty much.

I swear, this country is stuck in the 80s. It's like a bad... well, 80s movie. Just replace cocaine with meth, the Soviets with whoever has the loudest dictator (oddly enough, it's looking like Russia again, which is good because maybe they'll finally remake that Rocky movie) and "the War on Drugs" with "the War on Immigration."
(05-16-2016, 10:20 AM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much.

I swear, this country is stuck in the 80s. It's like a bad... well, 80s movie. Just replace cocaine with meth, the Soviets with whoever has the loudest dictator (oddly enough, it's looking like Russia again, which is good because maybe they'll finally remake that Rocky movie) and "the War on Drugs" with "the War on Immigration."

You could also say there is a liberal faction that believes we're stuck in the 60's. Black Lives Matter taking the place of the Civil Rights Movement, faux 'leaders" like Al Sharpton who would make Dr. King turn over in his grave. Nothing has changed, white "oppression" at an all time high.
As far as race relations, Obama has done his best to put us back in the 60's.

Hillary and her vomit inducing pandering.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549928/I-m-surprised-didn-t-say-watermelon-Black-Democratic-sheriff-blasts-Hillary-s-hot-sauce-pandering-African-American-voters-dehumanizing-disgusting.html

(05-16-2016, 01:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: And desperate. And cheap.

Apparently, she held a fundraiser in the town I grew up in, which is a mile from where I live now. It's a tiny town with only the highway running through it and then just streets and subdivisions off of it, and apparently she couldn't even draw enough of a crowd to cause any traffic or any noticeable flows of cars.

Apparently, she was too cheap to even rent somewhere out to host this shindig, so she hosted it out of a person's house, and she was signing pictures of herself and selling them for $2,700 (which is insane), but word is that the entire event was just a huge flop.

In a time where everyone is so liberal and endorsing change, how is Hillary not running away with it?!

I just thought it was hilarious that Hillary's fundraiser/rally was a complete failure.

Low cost PR move.
Hillary attempts to show she's connected with the small town common folk.

I agree. But that is apparently what most people in the country want. 

And maybe that isn't so bad. I heard a good radio program on NPR this weekend about the scientific studies on group decisions versus individual decisions and the "hive" mentality. Pretty interesting stuff.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-16-2016, 11:26 AM)Vlad Wrote: You could also say there is a liberal faction that believes we're stuck in the 60's. Black Lives Matter taking the place of the Civil Rights Movement, faux 'leaders" like Al Sharpton who would make Dr. King turn over in his grave. Nothing has changed, white "oppression" at an all time high.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549928/I-m-surprised-didn-t-say-watermelon-Black-Democratic-sheriff-blasts-Hillary-s-hot-sauce-pandering-African-American-voters-dehumanizing-disgusting.html

Hot sauce? 

People are saying hot sauce is racist somehow?

I don't get that.

In the Army, me and a bunch of other guys always carried hot sauce around. The theory was that you could pretty much eat anything if you put enough hot sauce on it. 
(05-16-2016, 11:26 AM)Vlad Wrote: You could also say there is a liberal faction that believes we're stuck in the 60's. Black Lives Matter taking the place of the Civil Rights Movement, faux 'leaders" like Al Sharpton who would make Dr. King turn over in his grave. Nothing has changed, white "oppression" at an all time high.

Low information pablum deleted.

I guess the GOP would rather it be the 1860's when they use to care about minorities?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2016, 01:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: And desperate.  And cheap.  

Apparently, she held a fundraiser in the town I grew up in, which is a mile from where I live now.  It's a tiny town with only the highway running through it and then just streets and subdivisions off of it, and apparently she couldn't even draw enough of a crowd to cause any traffic or any noticeable flows of cars.

Cause the Dems are in a battle between Hillary and Bernie.    No one likes Hillary people are unsure of Bernie.

Really. I think the people just gave up... and also Hillary doesn't suck... We know that or bill wouldn't have had to send out for it..

This. I talked about it in the Sanders thread. Clinton is not a true progressive. Hell, she's not even a liberal on many subjects. Your 'Reagan era Republican' label is very fitting. The same is true, in reverse, for Trump. He's much more liberal than he's pretending and will give Republicans nightmares if elected.

This election is just a sad state of affairs for where our politics are. The choice is between a shady, neocon Democrat or a crazy, left leaning Republican.  Nervous
I agree with Clinton being a big gov GOP progressive. I would say she is more in line with Bush republicans than Reagan.
(05-16-2016, 03:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cause the Dems are in a battle between Hillary and Bernie.    No one likes Hillary people are unsure of Bernie.

Really. I think the people just gave up... and also Hillary doesn't suck... We know that or bill wouldn't have had to send out for it..

I didn't even consider that when I posted it and I'm the king of word plays........  I tip my hat to you, sir:

[Image: hat-off.jpg]
(05-16-2016, 02:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Two big ol' jokes running for president.  I can't say we don't deserve this.

I don't deserve it.  Sorry you think you do.  All this started before we were born.  Please explain all the ways there are for us to change it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Sometimes, the tell everybody everything you think they want to hear in order to scam a vote out of them philosophy fails.  It's her go to move, just like it was Obama's.  He rode it to two terms.  She figures, if he can do it, so can I.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(05-16-2016, 07:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This. I talked about it in the Sanders thread. Clinton is not a true progressive. Hell, she's not even a liberal on many subjects. Your 'Reagan era Republican' label is very fitting. The same is true, in reverse, for Trump. He's much more liberal than he's pretending and will give Republicans nightmares if elected.

This election is just a sad state of affairs for where our politics are. The choice is between a shady, neocon Democrat or a crazy, left leaning Republican.  Nervous

I agree.

But Trump has a "Superpower" among modern politicians: He can completely flip on issues without losing popularity from his base. It is actually somewhat astounding. I'll bet he hardly loses any of his base when he flips liberal for general election to pick up more votes.
(05-16-2016, 09:06 PM)McC Wrote: I don't deserve it.  Sorry you think you do.  All this started before we were born.  Please explain all the ways there are for us to change it.

I meant the collective "we" and I can go into details on why we as a country have decided that we desire a flawed and simplistic system, but what's the point?