Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next up-Aaron Glenn
(02-14-2019, 11:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think the problem is that this is an undesirable job. We landed Mike Zimmer, who was a respected DC for his work in Dallas under Parcells, and our defensive roster was crap when we landed him. 

I think the problem is the other thing you mention: poor planning partially caused by not talking to Taylor til after the Super Bowl. Taylor setting his heart on an already employed Dennis Allen probably hurt us as well.

I do think that it's starting to look like his inexperience is a problem and established guys may see that too.

On the Turner hire...maybe that's a hire we announce last. That was bad PR all the way.

Callahan? I'm willing to give him a chance I suppose.

I'm reading some that the perception of the Bengals front office is causing guys to steer clear now that Marvin is gone.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do think that it's starting to look like his inexperience is a problem and established guys may see that too.

On the Turner hire...maybe that's a hire we announce last. That was bad PR all the way.

Callahan? I'm willing to give him a chance I suppose.

I'm reading some that the perception of the Bengals front office is causing guys to steer clear now that Marvin is gone.

Perceptions were much worse in 2003 when we hired Marvin Lewis and interviewed big names like Coughlin and Denny Green.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Next up is Aaron Glenn on NOT coming to Bengals. Also Kim Jong Un just refused Bengals Defensive Coordinator job. Congress and Trump finally agree on something, none of them want Bengals Defensive Coordinator job. Homeless walk the streets with signs saying, " Will Work For Food, Will Not Work For Mike Brown ".
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's been a pretty terrible DC. And his defense melted down in the SB.

He had one bad season and that was do to injury this past season and he wasn't calling the plays in the Superbowl Quinn was.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote