Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies
(06-03-2015, 12:09 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I love history and everything about.  Doesn't matter what kind military, political, ancient, natural, sports...you get the idea.  That being said,  I absolutely hate that show.  And it doesn't help that it's on ALL THE TIME!.  I can hardly watch the History channels or AHC because one of three things is always on no matter what I switch to.  It's either American Pickers, Ancient Aliens, or something about WWII and/or Nazi's.  With amount of history that there is, I can't believe how little they cover.  Drives me crazy.

See, I love history, hate those channels for the most part, but I like that show. I guess it's because I am one of those that loves going to antique shops, auctions, and just generally looking for old stuff.

One of my favorite possessions is a little book I picked up that is "Soldier's French" from WWI. It has the name of the person that carried it as well as their rank and tour dates on the inside. Little things like that are the treasures I look for, the stories of the people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Share your hobbies with the group.

I collect coins, I like to fish, listen to classic rock, and cook. (barbecue and seafood)

I like to lift weights when able. (current arm issue is preventing that)
Toss Football
hike
Kayaking
Video Gaming.
and Reading books.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: One of my favorite shows. I would love to do a ride along with them.

(06-03-2015, 12:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: One of mine, too. I ran into them when they were in my area for their show. Genuinely nice guys, as well.

Yep, never miss 'em.  I would love to see some of that old stuff.  I've always enjoyed rummaging around old farms, junkyards, and old houses.....and I wasn't even buying.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: One of mine, too. I ran into them when they were in my area for their show. Genuinely nice guys, as well.

Well your in luck, I just looked at the guide on TV and it is scheduled back to back from 11am today until 4am tomorrow morning.

BACK TO BACK!  16 HOURS STRAIT OF THE SAME FRIGGIN SHOW! :snark:
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:17 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Well your in luck, I just looked at the guide on TV and it is scheduled back to back from 11am today until 4am tomorrow morning.

BACK TO BACK!  16 HOURS STRAIT OF THE SAME FRIGGIN SHOW! :snark:

While there are shows I can watch over and over, that is not one of them. I watch the new ones and that's enough.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote:
Quote:See, I love history, hate those channels for the most part, but I like that show. I guess it's because I am one of those that loves going to antique shops, auctions, and just generally looking for old stuff.

Don't get me wrong I love antiques and the like.  But I am tired of the programing on those channels, except when they manage to find something else to cover.
Quote:One of my favorite possessions is a little book I picked up that is "Soldier's French" from WWI. It has the name of the person that carried it as well as their rank and tour dates on the inside. Little things like that are the treasures I look for, the stories of the people.
I completely agree I've got some great artifacts and what not that I love.  One is a photo album from the 19th century with a lot of my ancestors in it. Lucky for me It's on my moms side and my grandmother (her mom) is still alive at the age of 92yo and still mentally still with it.  It's amazing to hear the stories of some of these people first hand from her.
Reply/Quote
Reading....Fiction/literature

Cars...I used to have a car that I heavily modified (supercharged Integra), but now it is all just reading and watching TV shows about cars.

Politics...Mostly here.

Masturbation.

Cooking

I usually have a garden, but not this year.

Drugs/alcohol
Reply/Quote
Bengals, but too busy to watch last season
Supporting my family's spending
Try to find one activity per week to do as a family
Unfortunately, had to get rid of the Harley recently
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cory-gregory-squat-every-day.html  I'm on day 11
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:09 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I'd love to see pics of the 68.  Love the lines on that year.

Can't seem to figure out how to get the pics off my laptop to here at the moment. Nor from my phone camera. Damn. Working on it.....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:48 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Can't seem to figure out how to get the pics off my laptop to here at the moment. Nor from my phone camera. Damn. Working on it.....

This is what happens when you let the elderly have a computer. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Barbecue.....not grilling, but BARBECUE, although I enjoy grilling too.  I love my new smoker, however.....

When I can get out of this apartment living rut, I plan on getting a smoker and having a barbecue pit in the back yard. My wife gives me a hard time because I'm a junky for anything smoked or pickled.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is what happens when you let the elderly have a computer. Ninja

Some days I feel like a number 2 pencil in a dot com world, and this is one of them. 

So here is the problem......I have no URL for the pics on my computer; just C:mypics/yadee-yadee ......guess this means I have to use something like photobucket as an intermediate transfer tool. Right? Wrong? C'mon meds - kick in!!!!  When I see a pic on the net, and want to post it here, I have been able to right click it, go to properties, copy the URL, and paste it here. using the insert image icon. 

My head hurts .....

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:08 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Some days I feel like a number 2 pencil in a dot com world, and this is one of them. 

So here is the problem......I have no URL for the pics on my computer; just C:mypics/yadee-yadee ......guess this means I have to use something like photobucket as an intermediate transfer tool. Right? Wrong? C'mon meds - kick in!!!!  When I see a pic on the net, and want to post it here, I have been able to right click it, go to properties, copy the URL, and paste it here. using the insert image icon. 

My head hurts .....

Yeah, you will need to use photobucket or imgur or something similar to load it directly int he post. However, you can also attach a file if you scroll down a bit when you write a post. There is an option there to attach a file from your computer. It won't show up in the post, but it will be able to be viewed.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, you will need to use photobucket or imgur or something similar to load it directly int he post. However, you can also attach a file if you scroll down a bit when you write a post. There is an option there to attach a file from your computer. It won't show up in the post, but it will be able to be viewed.

Thanks Matt. Let's see where the attached file displays.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, you will need to use photobucket or imgur or something similar to load it directly int he post. However, you can also attach a file if you scroll down a bit when you write a post. There is an option there to attach a file from your computer. It won't show up in the post, but it will be able to be viewed.

also best bet for his phone photos is to plug your phone into your PC and transfer the photos to the PC. Or if possibly just use your little memory card (Load pictures to it then remove from the phone and put into the port on your PC) in your phone if you have an input for it on your PC.

But the USB cable is probly the best there.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: also best bet for his phone photos is to plug your phone into your PC and transfer the photos to the PC.   Or if possibly just use your little memory card (Load pictures to it then remove from the phone and put into the port on your PC) in your phone if you have an input for it on your PC.

But the USB cable is probly the best there.

Thanks, but that isn't the issue. I do that when needed already. Downloading from phone to this site is, as previously described. 

Reply/Quote
Here is the Corvette chassis, which took about 4 years to complete. All totaled, it has been 11 years since I bought this car. and the first complete nut and bolts restoration for me. This is a hobby - not a project. I disassembled everything down to the bare frame, then reconditioned what could be, and replaced all else. The only thing I farmed out was the engine, as I don't have the equipment to magniflux block and heads, and I just didn't have the confidence to reassemble it to perfection. All that is left is complete the wiring, install the glass/trim, and interior.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Fishing
working out
working on my lawn
pimping
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When I can get out of this apartment living rut, I plan on getting a smoker and having a barbecue pit in the back yard. My wife gives me a hard time because I'm a junky for anything smoked or pickled.

Here is a stock photo of my newest toy:
[Image: brinkmann_trailmaster_vertical_smoker.jpg]

.....and here is my old reliable I've had for well over a decade doin' it's thing.....I still pack it on race trips and camping:

[Image: CAM00038.jpg]

I've got some photos of my new one in action, but I can't remember my Facebook password to link 'em LOL

(don't have them on this computer...)

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:15 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Thanks Matt. Let's see where the attached file displays.

attachment works wildcats....and she's a beauty....
Reply/Quote