Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
(08-31-2018, 10:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Because you have little argument 

When you have a WR with the physical ability that Tate has, you find a way to develop it, NOT CUT HIM AFTER PS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS.

My goodness.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm all about keeping the Core at all costs, but I didn't think they'd take it this literal.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:57 PM)phil413 Wrote: I'm all about keeping the Core at all costs, but I didn't think they'd take it this literal.

[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure why you feel your stance is superior without question.

Why can't some of you stop this crap? It gets so freaking tedious around here sometimes. 

No one said my "stance is superior without question". CAn you go back and re-read what i typed a few times and try to understand that i'm saying it's completely insane to release someone with superior talent because the guy who is replacing you, and is noticeably not as talented a pass-catcher as you, CAN RUN DOWN THE FIELD ON PUNTS AND KICKOFFS!!

"Hey! Here's a guy with a similar skill set to Randy Moss...let's cut him because he can't play special teams!!!!11!11!!!1!11"

o_o

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why can't some of you stop this crap? It gets so freaking tedious around here sometimes. 

No one said my "stance is superior without question". CAn you go back and re-read what i typed a few times and try to understand that i'm saying it's completely insane to release someone with superior talent because the guy who is replacing you, and is noticeably not as talented a pass-catcher as you, CAN RUN DOWN THE FIELD ON PUNTS AND KICKOFFS!!

"Hey! Here's a guy with a similar skill set to Randy Moss...let's cut him because he can't play special teams!!!!11!11!!!1!11"

o_o

Randy Moss, the guy was drafted in round 7. Randy Moss had superior athletic ability. I like Tate, but no, he is not close to Moss, if so 31 teams really messed up not drafting him. Late draft picks and FA's make teams for their ability to run down the field and make tackles or block. Maybe Tate thinks he is Randy Moss so refuses to pt his body on the line like special teamers do every game.

Get back to me when he produces like Randy Moss....laughable
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Some fans forget special teams also has starters and 6th WR's often are not active on game day. If Tate gets cut it is because he did not get it done on special teams.

I don't agree with the ST's argument, but I would understand that line of thinking if Core wasn't hurt.  I don't see him as worth the spot if he's going to be out an extended period of time.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When you have a WR with the physical ability that Tate has, you find a way to develop it, NOT CUT HIM AFTER PS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS.

My goodness.

I'm sorry you lack in understanding to what goes into creating a rosterand the hoops team take in the rules of cuts and pickups. CORE is much more superior to Tate on specials with snaps compared to being the superior 6th wr. Also Tate could go on ir and come back and contribute to team but he must be carried on roster first so cut Tate pick him up later
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Randy Moss, the guy was drafted in round 7. Randy Moss had superior athletic ability. I like Tate, but no homer he is not close to Moss, if so 31 teams really messed up not drafting him. Late draft picks and FA's make teams for their ability to run down the field and make tackles or block. Maybe Tate thinks he is Randy Moss so refuses to pt his body on the line like special teamers do every game.

Get back to me when he produces like Randy Moss....laughable

You're just not good at understanding...

ABILITY
SKILL SET

No one said he was as good as, or would be as good as, Randy Moss. He has size, body control, leaping ability and hands similar to Moss.

Why...do...i...have...to...spell...this...stuff...out...so...many...times?

I don't have the time or energy to carry on with this. Reply or don't...i'd prefer you don't...because some of you just don't comprehend well. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't agree with the ST's argument, but I would understand that line of thinking if Core wasn't hurt.  I don't see him as worth the spot if he's going to be out an extended period of time.  

Then cut both and keep a specials that can contribute 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't agree with the ST's argument, but I would understand that line of thinking if Core wasn't hurt.  I don't see him as worth the spot if he's going to be out an extended period of time.  

I don't agree with anyone who thinks AJ Green (special players for example) could play special teams and be great at it?

But I do agree it warrants debate. I like Tate, I hope he makes our team. I am not in love with Core, but I do understand we don't want our starters playing teams like high school teams, someone needs to do it. And they are very important, more so than some fans think until the opposing team returns a TD for a TD, then it hits them.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Then cut both and keep a specials that can contribute 

(08-31-2018, 11:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't agree with anyone who thinks AJ Green (special players for example) could play special teams and be great at it?

But I do agree it warrants debate. I like Tate, I hope he makes our team. I am not in love with Core, but I do understand we don't want our starters playing teams like high school teams, someone needs to do it. And they are very important, more so than some fans think until the opposing team returns a TD for a TD, then it hits them.

Obviously, we don't want to waste our best players on teams.  That said, there are bubble guys at every position that can play ST's.  We typically only dress 5 WR's on game day.  If we're going to dress Core for teams, a much better WR is going to sit.  I suppose it's possible some team could get a TD because Core isn't out there on teams and we lose because of it.  It's also possible a couple of WR's get dinged in a game and we lose because Core has to play meaningful snaps on offense and can't produce.

Fwiw, Core has 5 tackles in 21 career games.  Steve Tasker, he ain't.  The unit didn't fall apart without him during preseason or the 11 games he didn't dress.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why can't some of you stop this crap? It gets so freaking tedious around here sometimes. 

o_o

Dude, you used the biggest font available to illustrate your stance was superior.

What about Tate's skill set compares to Randy Moss?

It is argued Moss ran of the fastest 40s in the history of the draft. Tate is slower than our TE.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: Obviously, we don't want to waste our best players on teams.  That said, there are bubble guys at every position that can play ST's.  We typically only dress 5 WR's on game day.  If we're going to dress Core for teams, a much better WR is going to sit.  I suppose it's possible some team could get a TD because Core isn't out there on teams and we lose because of it.  It's also possible a couple of WR's get dinged in a game and we lose because Core has to play meaningful snaps on offense and can't produce.

Fwiw, Core has 5 tackles in 21 career games.  Steve Tasker, he ain't.  The unit didn't fall apart without him during preseason or the 11 games he didn't dress.  

45 man game roster

11 offense
11 defense
3 kicking game
9 punt team (long snapper + punter)
9 Field goal team (Kicker + long snapper)
10 kickoff team (kicker)
11 kick return team

42 players needed on special teams, (25 on offense, defense and kicking game)

Special teams players do more than make tackles

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:03 PM)Sweetness Wrote: You aren't good at understanding this football thing. 

i really do.understand football. was involved in the game from 1979.to 2015 in some form fashion.
I know also that theirs a myth that special teams is 33% of the game. 
i understand that someone like Cody Core his role on kick coverage or the return phase 
is really over rated cause I have yet heard anyone state " we are really missing Cody Core on the field" 
if special teams was relevant to the teams w/l at the end of the year then how come
place kickers long snappers gunners punters arent drafted in Rds 1 through 3.
most guys on special teams are 5th 6th 7th rd guys or undrafted players.
Finding Cores replacement on special.teams has been easy.
what isnt easy is trying to improve a lethargic offense that struggled in the red zone.
Tds win games more often then Cody Core funneling a returner back.inside the middle 
or him tackling a guy at the 23
Auden Tate givin the down distance and where is ball is snapped can impact the scoreboard more than Core ever could. 
put Tate in the red zone he wins his battle more often than not. 
coaches love.to.over complicate at times. 
its about winning matchups creating mismatching exposing weakness.
can your 5'10 cb defend my 6'5 WR without drawing a PI?
I understand football.
i understand the Bengals offense needs all the mismatches it can create 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:52 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: This is the world we live in.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17807590/report-bengals-auden-tate-odd-man-out-at-wide-receiver-roster-cuts-cincinnati

Hopefully the squeelers sign him just.. just.. just... to teach the front office another lesson.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:58 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Core has had his chances, hasn’t done anything.  Tate will soon be a star...on the Ravens.

(09-01-2018, 12:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hopefully the squeelers sign him just.. just.. just... to teach the front office another lesson.

Every. Single. Year.

We always have a WR that is gonna be a star because of size, speed or a couple preseason catches yet we always cut them and EVERY single time people claim that its the end of the world and that *Insert team name here* is gonna sign them and teach us Bengals a lesson about keeping a guy that will contribute (even if it is special teams) over Potential.

Guess how many lessons we have been taught over the years because of that? Not many that I can remember. Remember when Dezmon Briscoe was gonna be a HOF for Tampa Bay?

How about Armon Binns, Ryan Whalen, James Wright, Mario Alford, Cobi Hamilton, and the list that keeps growing every year of late round WR's that people fall in love with. 

The odds of Tate being added to this list seem much higher than him being a star.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 45 man game roster

11 offense
11 defense
3 kicking game
9 punt team (long snapper + punter)
9 Field goal team (Kicker + long snapper)
10 kickoff team (kicker)
11 kick return team

42 players needed on special teams, (25 on offense, defense and kicking game)

Special teams players do more than make tackles

Playing on a squad does not necessarily disqualify you from playing on another.  Yes, you can have as many as 45 guys on on your teams or as few as 11 if you want.  I'm not sure what this is supposed to illustrate.

Tackles were specifically mentioned because you talked about nobody caring about ST's until they give up a TD.  That is meant to illustrate that Core making a TD saving tackle is remote, at best.  Obviously, there are other parts that go into it.  However, he is not a standout or a leader like Fej or Peerman.  If he was, or was even healthy enough to play, I would get the move more.  I just don't understand wasting a roster on an injured player who is a pretty good ST's guy and a liability at his actual position.
Reply/Quote
What has Core done that's indispensable? He hasn't played all pre-season.

Most of us weren't too sure he'd even make the team this year. Now suddenly he's a special teams ace?

We can cut him now and no one is going to sign an injured guy.

Reply/Quote
Ok now...

Auden Tate has had a good training camp and has made some nice catches in the preseason. He has demonstrated strong hands, good body control, big catch radius, and the ability to climb the ladder. But...he is a couple steps slow and has no ST experience. I'm not saying Tate is automatically an all pro but he looks like h3 has intangibles a WR coach could work with...Cody Core has proved he can be a solid special teams contributor but hasn't really showed anything as a WR.

I understand both sides of the argument but if they keep Core over Tate for special teams then not dress him on game days that would be irritating....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
You are arguing over a 6th WR in both cases that wont even dress on game day explain how this player will contribute to special teams when he is not dressed on gameday. We have enough young LB and safety guys to play on teams you know guys that can already tackle good since they play on D and are not WR. Tate strength is in the red zone since Eifert is injury prone it might be a good idea to keep as many of these types of guys around as you can.
Reply/Quote