Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobspin at it again
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Finale-kicks-off-offseason/57482952-94eb-49dc-9e2a-9a2c0fb6412f

He addresses the Marvn Lewis situation stating basically what we hear, which is that Mikey Brown doesn't fire coaches.

But what caught my attention most was the part of about Whitworth and Oggieboggie boy. Mentions that Og has only played one game at LT and just forgets to mention the 11 games he completely sucked at RT.

Then we get the possibility of Whit at LG, which Whit has already said he wants to play LT. Hopspin then covers what position to use the #8 pick on (assuming that position in the draft holds) that he'd love a pass rusher at that spot. Goes on to say, "It would be a great spot to get something they really need and really tough if they have to go tackle again just two years after picking two in the top two rounds."

The only reason it would be tough is because they'd have to admit Og was a bad pick, but at least there's an awareness that Og just isn't making it. Still, I can also see the wheels turning in their heads on somehow getting by with Og anyways.

So far, Oggieboggie's play is so bad that he wouldn't even be a backup on many teams, or if he were, fans, QBs and RBs would cringe if he had to come in and play. Newhouse played better here as a backup and we cut him.

The fact that the OL was so bad and cost us games doesn't quite seem to register fully with those making draft decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
unless I'm misremembering I think we always dont do what Hobson suggests. So... Dang. Dang dang dang. I've been wanting a DL forever.
Reply/Quote
Quote:All indications are that Lewis and his staff will be back.

With the last five losses coming by a total of 16 points, a massive character effort by a vastly undermanned team Saturday night on the road where only a missed field-goal at the gun allowed the Texans to win the AFC South, and Pro Bowlers like A.J. Green, Tyler Eifert, and Vontaze Burfict on the shelf, a firing wouldn't fit Brown's M.O.

There it is, just as I predicted. There are only 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes, and a preemptive Hobson article - littered with excuses - explaining why a terrible season isn't so terrible and why no changes need to be made.

I'm as close to being done with this team as I've ever been. It's beyond belief that a coach who has wasted 3 quality draft picks on busts and whose unit was responsible for sinking an entire season will be back for his 27th (?) year. Alexander has failed in every aspect of his job recently. Drafting, developing, run blocking and pass protection. Yet he's part of the Mike Brown Bengals "family" so no accountability ever.

I won't even get started on pride-less Marv and the rest his crew.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There it is, just as I predicted. There are only 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes, and a preemptive Hobson article - littered with excuses - explaining why a terrible season isn't so terrible and why no changes need to be made.

I'm as close to being done with this team as I've ever been. It's beyond belief that a coach who has wasted 3 quality draft picks on busts and whose unit was responsible for sinking an entire season will be back for his 27th (?) year. Alexander has failed in every aspect of his job recently. Drafting, developing, run blocking and pass protection. Yet he's part of the Mike Brown Bengals "family" so no accountability ever.

My favorite Hobson article came after the 2013 season. The Bengals had just lost their first home game of the season to a team they beat on the road a month earlier. The Seahawks had just waxed Denver in the Super Bowl. Geoff starts comparing the Bengals to the Seahawks position by position. When he got to Kam Chancellor (a guy who had just killed it in the postseason), his Bengals counterpart was... Emanuel Lamur. I haven't read another piece of his bullshit since.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There it is, just as I predicted. There are only 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes, and a preemptive Hobson article - littered with excuses - explaining why a terrible season isn't so terrible and why no changes need to be made.

I wish I had said this. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There it is, just as I predicted. There are only 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes, and a preemptive Hobson article - littered with excuses - explaining why a terrible season isn't so terrible and why no changes need to be made.

Me 2 x 1,000

If Marvin and the status quo continues next season (and it most likely will) I'll find another hobby for Sundays. I'm not quitting on the Bengals. I'll be back, after MB and ML are gone.

I literally nearly puked when I read this in the Hobspin article in the part about Rex Burkhead:

" Now you get an idea what it is like to watch the Patriots every week. "
Reply/Quote
As disappointing as the regular season may have been, it's highly likely that the offseason will be even worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:56 PM)samhain Wrote: As disappointing as the regular season may have been, it's highly likely that the offseason will be even worse.

You make me sad Sad but it's so true unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
If a win is a win.

Then shouldn't a loss be a loss?

You don't get style points when it comes to scoreboard of the win/loss column last time I checked.

I don't give a crap if they lost every single game by a point.

They'd still be losers.

Period.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:16 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If a win is a win.

You don't get style points when it comes to scoreboard of the win/loss column last time I checked.

They'd still be losers.

Period.

That's why we call him Hobspin. If the Bengals all lined up at the 50 and took a dump, he'd point out that the players were all in sync, the Pats also poop, and that Marvin did a good job wiping.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've certainly contributed to the fad of late, but I'm amused that so many threads quickly become 'fecally' themed in JN.

And because I know you're reading it, Hobspin, you've got some browghma on your chin. Clean yourself up boy.
Reply/Quote

But who will play Mikey's New Year's Eve gala?  Also, what about his Christmas Party?  No chestnuts on an open fire?  Think about the kids man, the commercialized part of Christmas is all about the kids......SCROOGE! :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me 2 x 1,000

If Marvin and the status quo continues next season (and it most likely will) I'll find another hobby for Sundays. I'm not quitting on the Bengals. I'll be back, after MB and ML are gone.

I literally nearly puked when I read this in the Hobspin article in the part about Rex Burkhead:

" Now you get an idea what it is like to watch the Patriots every week. "

yep, It's rather remarkable isn't it? It's as clear as day that the Bengals simply do not care about winning a Super Bowl. They just don't, and I would love for someone to prove me wrong. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:16 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If a win is a win.

They'd still be losers.

Period.

Oooh...I like this. Very true. 
Reply/Quote

One would really think that after this nightmare of a season at least some assistant coaches would be fired.  Nope... we get the status quo.  The fact that Hobson still has a job and can't even use the spell check on his computer (I'm assuming Mike has updated from the IBM Selectricks at this point) should speak volumes.

Same ownership, same coaching staff, same team... it's difficult to find anything to get excited about.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: One would really think that after this nightmare of a season at least some assistant coaches would be fired.  Nope... we get the status quo.  The fact that Hobson still has a job and can't even use the spell check on his computer (I'm assuming Mike has updated from the IBM Selectricks at this point) should speak volumes.

Same ownership, same coaching staff, same team... it's difficult to find anything to get excited about.

Right. Even after 2010, there was plenty to talk about. Carson's trade demand, Brat finally got canned after 10 years (thanks CP), a promising new QB and star WR. 

2017 is fixing to be a giant ball of boring while waiting for the inevitable 8-8ish season followed (if we're lucky) by a swift playoff embarrassment. 

Compared to other teams, the Bengals give next to nothing for fans to talk about. They ignore FA. They often make rookies sit behind vets for several years, and they are the most loyal/lazy/chickenshit team in the league when it comes to firings. Literally the only new thing we can talk about is the draft, and which players are likely to sit our bench for 3 years. Hey, maybe we'll get a long term replacement for Nuge 3 years too late.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. Even after 2010, there was plenty to talk about. Carson's trade demand, Brat finally got canned after 10 years (thanks CP), a promising new QB and star WR. 

2017 is fixing to be a giant ball of boring while waiting for the inevitable 8-8ish season followed (if we're lucky) by a swift playoff embarrassment. 

Compared to other teams, the Bengals give next to nothing for fans to talk about. They ignore FA. They often make rookies sit behind vets for several years, and they are the most loyal/lazy/chickenshit team in the league when it comes to firings. Literally the only new thing we can talk about is the draft, and which players are likely to sit our bench for 3 years. Hey, maybe we'll get a long term replacement for Nuge 3 years too late.

This is exactly how I feel. This team needs to make some kind of change, but we know they won't. The excuses are lined up and Hobsy will push out an article saying this was just a freak season and things will turn around. Our offseasons are such a snoozefest. We're going to watch Zeitler walk because of the ridiculous money that guards got last offseason. The only thing we'll be able to count on is what kicker will we sign to take over the kicking job.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Don't act surprised he's paid by the team so it makes sense that he ignores the hottest topics.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
how does hobson have job ,can't one of us take over for him
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: how does hobson have job ,can't one of us take over for him

He's employed by the Bengals. He's not a freelance writer. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote