Poll: Will the Cincinnati Bengals win a Super Bowl Before you die?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest Answers ONLY.
(09-20-2016, 07:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly - with no emotion or motive to this answer whatsoever - I think I'll be in my twilight years before that happens (I'm 35 now). I don't see it happening with Marvin Lewis/Mike Brown and therefore this core of players (Andy, Green, Atkins, etc).

Once this core is gone, I could see some rebuilding years maybe 6-7 years from now. After that, it just depends on how long Mike Brown lives, whether or not Katie hires a competant GM, and many other factors.

To sum it up...Maybe we win it all 15-25 years from now, but many things will have to change. Hopefully Katie (or a GM) isn't quite as patient and tolerant as Mike Brown. Patience is good to an extent, but you can't keep a coach like Dave Shula for 5 years or give somebody 15 years to win a playoff game. You don't have to be the Cleveland Browns, but there should be limits to your patience.

Agreed,

As long as Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are in charge - no chance. Once we've moved on from this pair ? Who knows, probably.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 07:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

As long as Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are in charge - no chance. Once we've moved on from this pair ? Who knows, probably.

At 40.....I honestly wonder if I'll ever see it.  I was spoiled as a pre teen with those two AFCC..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 01:47 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: They day after I die, they'll win.

There are a lot of desperate fans on this board.  I wouldn't give them any incentive, if you know what I mean.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 10:20 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Do you think the Bengals will win a Super Bowl before you die?

Yes, but not before Marvin Lewis dies.
Reply/Quote
Look at us.... Wishing death and unemployment on a couple of guys that have never done a thing to us.... That's awesome.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm 40 but I still voted yes out of spite
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 10:39 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: My heart says yes, but my head questions it. As long as the Steelers buy the refs, I'm having trouble seeing it happen. When Dan Fouts says they got the call wrong, and it still stands, that's tough to stomach; he's the biggest Steeler fan in broadcasting (how the hell do we get him calling all our games?) Then, when the officials "lawyer" (Blandino) comes on to defend the atrocity.... you can't fight City Hall. Same for last year with the Shazier hit and the no call on the Steeler coach on the field. We should be allowed to have twelve men on the field, Steelers have 18 every single play! Still, I'm 58 and keeping the faith...who dey baby!!

The stinkin stealers were holding our D-line the whole f---ing game,no calls by the crooked refs.They robbed us of a chance to go to the dance last year in that last crazy game and they just robbed us again this past sunday and I will explain to you why.
Pouncy was holding Geno the whole game,actually their whole O-line was dragging our guys to the gound and yet no call.The backbone hit Dalton took that knocked his helment off and practically tore his neck off, no roughing the passer call and he had already threw the ball at least 2 seconds prior to the hit.Chicken shit bastards.the stinkin refs are so crooked,I truly believe the damn fix is in.

Our tight end caught the damn ball in the end zone and his foot and knee was in and not out,but yet they called it no TD.and our stinkin coach did not challenge that.COME ON MAN.That was seven points taken away and goofy Marvin did not call it.I so wish he would go off on the refs and cuss them out and at least get booted out sometimes.That was  stinkin terrible and it cost us that game.Tyler Boyds knee was down and that could have been a driving score.Yet old marv did nothing, throw the f---ing red flag .COME ON MAN.  Marvin is costing us games.we outplayed them out scored them and still the game it given to the stinkin stoolers because our stupid coaching staff sits on their ass and does nothing.Marvin is too passive and he will NEVER win by being that way.Watch mike tomlin and I hate him,but he is engaged with his players the whole game and marvin just stands over there and claps his hands and his assistants wants him to do more.THROW THE STINKIN FLAG YOU GOOFY DUDE.That game last week in pissburg we won that game but marvin continues to allow the refs to rob us,because he wants to be politically correct.watch the taped game,C.J .the tight end was CLEARLY down in the end zone with one foot and one knee,that is a TOUCHDOWN,you lying crooked refs.I hate your asses.Tyler Boyd was down by the knee and the ball should have stayed with our team,in stead they called it a fumble and the stoolers take over.game over.Every die-hard Bengal fan should write the front office,send a fax,go to facebook,tweet and whatever the hell you can do and let the COACHING BRASS KNOW THAT WE KNOW WE WERE ROBBED AGAIN AND THIS STAFF DOES FU---ING NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!!   Why should I keep my stinkin 4 season tickets to watch this shit????
Reply/Quote
This question is tough. Cause it isn't will they win it before i die, but before my dad dies. If i don't get to see it happen along side him, it just wouldn't be the same. I believe Marvin can do it one ***** time, if they refs will just back the **** off. This team can do it this year, i fully believe this more than any other time i have said it. I will cross my fingers, while wearing my orange and black for as long as i must, but i will see it happen sooner rather than later. I'm a big believer in the multiverse theory, and i like to tell myself i'm in one of the version of where the Bengals defy the 1 in 100 odds placed on them by the rigged NFL and my Bengals finally will be called Champs.
Reply/Quote
Not a snowball's chance in the fiery pits of hell. Watching that rigged bullshit on Sunday cemented it.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There are a lot of desperate fans on this board.  I wouldn't give them any incentive, if you know what I mean.

LOL..
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 05:27 PM)IMightBeRight Wrote: This question is tough. Cause it isn't will they win it before i die, but before my dad dies. If i don't get to see it happen along side him, it just wouldn't be the same. I believe Marvin can do it one ***** time, if they refs will just back the **** off. This team can do it this year, i fully believe this more than any other time i have said it. I will cross my fingers, while wearing my orange and black for as long as i must, but i will see it happen sooner rather than later. I'm a big believer in the multiverse theory, and i like to tell myself i'm in one of the version of where the Bengals defy the 1 in 100 odds placed on them by the rigged NFL and my Bengals finally will be called Champs.

The dad thing has been weighing on my mind as well.  You are completely right on this one.. would not be the same.
Reply/Quote
Unless something comes out of left field, I should outlive both Marvin and Mike by a pretty good amount. So I guess my answer is... probably, yes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes. I'm old and a Bengals fan since 1972. They have brought in a fair amount of new players and coaches this year and I think that keeps our window open a bit longer. In turn, I think it might hurt us this year. So I think in the next 3 years or so. I do believe most teams have windows of opportunities and I believe you have to be good and lucky to win a championship.
Reply/Quote