Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkins on why the OLine didn't come off the bench
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I think he's missing the point. It screams of not sticking together as a team. Idk many people that wanted them out there beating the brains our of people, but sticking up for each other
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So basically, he's checked out of the season and is now focusing on getting through the season to secure his paycheck (which would be jeopardized if he were suspended or fined).

Honestly, I don't have a huge problem with this ideology. I have exercised the same beliefs in the past.

Not sure it's best to have someone like that on your team though.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So basically, he's checked out of the season and is now focusing on getting through the season to secure his paycheck (which would be jeopardized if he were suspended or fined).

Honestly, I don't have a huge problem with this ideology. I have exercised the same beliefs in the past.

Not sure it's best to have someone like that on your team though.

He seems to think coming off the bench is throwing punches. He could have just went over there and stood there in a show of solidarity.

There's a lot of NFL Teams that if another team is over on there bench pushing and shoving, their alpha personalities are going to defend the bench. Look when TO stood on the Dallas star. A player knocked him down.

Our team just doesn't have that aggressive temperment overall. They're passive.

After that play, the Dolphins kept blitzing and getting home on Allen too. They upped their physical play.

I saw that Shawn Williams stepped on a Dolphins players foot. Then I saw later in a game, a Dolphins player absolutely wipe Williams out with a block that was clean.

Honestly, there's a lot to like about the culture Flores is building in Miami.
Reply/Quote
It all starts from the top.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Same mentality why nobody did anything when Burrow was shoved out of bounds and into the bench, while twisting his ankle by bud Dupree. All softies on the team
Reply/Quote
Who is the world is asking him to come off the bench and start throwing "haymakers"? My goodness.

Also, if it is so dumb to get into a fight, why was he not out there pulling his teammates back? He acknowledges that you should separate your teammates but he couldn't be bothered...which was the point of the post! Protecting no one but himself.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You would never guess that this group was coached by a Marine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hopkins seems less emotional than the average fan.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like Hopkins. Think he is a great guy but I want my lineman that not only come off the bench but lineman that are ready to seek and destroy at all times. Guys that are just big nasties with that f-you nobody comes near my guys mentality.
Reply/Quote
Well he spoke his truth. And I respect him for it.

But your HC was about to get walloped by the opposing HC in a faceoff in the middle of the field, with fans of both teams cheering for a beatdown (presumably of Taylor).

I would have at least got up and got a better view.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 08:29 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I like Hopkins. Think he is a great guy but I want my lineman that not only come off the bench but lineman that are ready to seek and destroy at all times. Guys that are just big nasties with that f-you nobody comes near my guys mentality.

I feel like we've lost so long that most of these guys are just going through the motions and dont care.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 04:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He seems to think coming off the bench is throwing punches. He could have just went over there and stood there in a show of solidarity.

There's a lot of NFL Teams that if another team is over on there bench pushing and shoving, their alpha personalities are going to defend the bench. Look when TO stood on the Dallas star. A player knocked him down.

Our team just doesn't have that aggressive temperment overall. They're passive.

After that play, the Dolphins kept blitzing and getting home on Allen too. They upped their physical play.

I saw that Shawn Williams stepped on a Dolphins players foot. Then I saw later in a game, a Dolphins player absolutely wipe Williams out with a block that was clean.

Honestly, there's a lot to like about the culture Flores is building in Miami.

That block wasn't legal....if you're referring to the crack back that laid him out. The guy in street clothes nearly trampled during the scrum was a trainer tending to Williams. 

I'm not sure what I think of Hopkins' business decision...but I do find irony in people complaining about Peko coming off the bench and getting a PF, but want our oline to come off the bench and get a potential PF. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
...... I'd also say he explained his position quite well and to the point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it. Heck, he probably would've come off the bench and gotten punched by a Dolphin, then the NFL would've suspended Hopkins.

In all honesty, they probably thought it was a typical shoving match like usual from where they were. It gets broken up and it's back to business as usual. Them getting up and coming over to stand there doesn't matter much to me.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Female dog in heat.
Reply/Quote
I feel it is nothing but a big excuse. If I was the Bengals I would straight up cut him.

You do not need guys on the team who are not team players. You have to have your teammates back.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:24 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I feel it is nothing but a big excuse. If I was the Bengals I would straight up cut him.

You do not need guys on the team who are not team players. You have to have your teammates back.

Whose back did he not have?

We were the ones that fouled their 5'7" 170 PR twice in a row.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:24 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I feel it is nothing but a big excuse. If I was the Bengals I would straight up cut him.

Yeah, let’s make Billy Price the starting center because a guy didn’t get involved in a scrum...

Reply/Quote
It is not like he would be replacing an All Pro.

He was pushed back to the QB plenty of times.

I know he gave up at least one sack.

Last I saw football is a TEAM sport.
Reply/Quote