Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How’s everyone doing?
I haven’t been on in awhile. How’s everyone doing? Is there hope next year for the Bengals? As for us we shall see if our window stays open or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 02:11 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I haven’t been on in awhile. How’s everyone doing? Is there hope next year for the Bengals? As for us we shall see if our window stays open or not.

Next year we hope for more wins, but if they just sit on their laurels in FA like they do every year I dont know how enthusiastic I am about the team as a whole.

Our FO is a joke.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 02:11 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I haven’t been on in awhile. How’s everyone doing? Is there hope next year for the Bengals? As for us we shall see if our window stays open or not.

Well, Jim is doing good in college and Mary isn't sure if she wants to follow in his footsteps. The kids are doing ok though. Aunt Linda completely changed her hair style and we are all still trying to get used to it. Mark bought a new car but i think he could have gotten a better APR if he had gone to the dealership in Moraine. 

Um, what else...OH! I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and that rash on my lower leg actually turned out to be ringworm but i just had to put some anti-fungal on it and it's clearing up nicely. 

Hmm, went to the grocery a couple days ago and i can't believe how much rutabaga has gone up. I switched to E85 gas a few months ago and while the MPG is about 25% less, it burns cleaner and it's better for the environment. 

That's about it for now. How bout you.

"I think this is were i'm supposed to say 'i'm out". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well everyone is a bit worried. Even if we did find a good Oline composition towards the end of last year, there is zero quality depth. All it would take is a single injury and Burrow would be running for his life. And that is assuming that the step-up in play wasn't solely due to a much easier schedule those last few games. Mike's terribly FA track record has everyone still a bit pessimistic.
Reply/Quote

We will see, looks like we will be getting Joe Burrow who is probably the greatest QB prospect to come out in some time.

But our Front Office will have to put a good O-line in front of him and give him some weapons to succeed.

Kind of depends on Free Agency which from what we have seen in the past we really don't participate in.
Reply/Quote
Our self defeating ways are doing just wonderful with no signs of ever slowing down.. ThumbsUp Here in bengalland we ALWAYS have something to make fun of..

Hey, does your community owned team ever take you guys on ski trips to the Swiss Alps like ours does? Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Pretty good, man. I think SF is just that good and seem to be the only one who thinks they beat KC, and beat them handily. They won't be able to have this team for long with the contracts they will have coming up but they are incredibly balanced and talented all over the field. I think Andy Reid's offense is amazing and he is kind of the sentimental favorite, but the only place I see KC as better is QB and receiving corps....and we all know what that does against a better coach and defense.

As far as life in Bengaldom, we have been granted the greatest gift to come to this city in ages (Burrow) and everyone is so used to disappointment that they are convinced the Bengals will find a way to screw this up, or won't make any moves in FA to protect the guy. I am sitting back just hoping and praying that they make a couple key FA plays (my ideas: Whit for LB and Thuney for RG) and then draft Burrow and a lot of defense (and maybe a WR).

If nothing else, the Bengals will be at the very least, interesting.

Best of luck to you and GB, PB.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pretty good, man. I think SF is just that good and seem to be the only one who thinks they beat KC, and beat them handily. They won't be able to have this team for long with the contracts they will have coming up but they are incredibly balanced and talented all over the field. I think Andy Reid's offense is amazing and he is kind of the sentimental favorite, but the only place I see KC as better is QB and receiving corps....and we all know what that does against a better coach and defense.

As far as life in Bengaldom, we have been granted the greatest gift to come to this city in ages (Burrow) and everyone is so used to disappointment that they are convinced the Bengals will find a way to screw this up, or won't make any moves in FA to protect the guy. I am sitting back just hoping and praying that they make a couple key FA plays (my ideas: Whit for LB and Thuney for RG) and then draft Burrow and a lot of defense (and maybe a WR).

If nothing else, the Bengals will be at the very least, interesting.

Best of luck to you and GB, PB.

Whit at LB would be interesting...lol

Reply/Quote
will rodgers retire anytime soon
Reply/Quote
Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? We're dealing with a lot of shit.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Sitting here hoping the 30th time is the charm.
Reply/Quote
This post just reminds me how sick I am of those Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials. Also, whodathunk insurance would become one of the most marketed things? Wacky.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 10:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: will rodgers retire anytime soon

Pretty sure Will Rodgers is dead.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Doing good, just hoovering some schneef behind the barn.
Reply/Quote

always hope till the W-L record says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see, looks like we will be getting Joe Burrow who is probably the greatest QB prospect to come out in some time.

But our Front Office will have to put a good O-line in front of him and give him some weapons to succeed.

Kind of depends on Free Agency which from what we have seen in the past we really don't participate in.

They will try...in 2021.
Going into the 2021 season, Price, Miller, and Hart will all be entering the final year of their contracts.
As they typically like to do, they will draft a player to sit behind one of these guys for a year (or two if drafted this year) before taking over as the starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 03:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They will try...in 2021.
Going into the 2021 season, Price, Miller, and Hart will all be entering the final year of their contracts.
As they typically like to do, they will draft a player to sit behind one of these guys for a year (or two if drafted this year) before taking over as the starter.

Man, I just wish we would sign one decent O-lineman in FA, you know, proven players...
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, I just wish we would sign one decent O-lineman in FA, you know, proven players...

So...you mean...not John Miller and Bobby Hart?  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So...you mean...not John Miller and Bobby Hart?  Ninja

Yeah... that's what I mean. Those guys are proven back ups. Would be nice to have legitimate starters at RG and RT.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah... that's what I mean. Those guys are proven back ups. Would be nice to have legitimate starters at RG and RT.

based on last years play Fred Johnson probly benches 1 of them.   If price is still around and healthy he might get one last shot to get the RG job.
Reply/Quote