Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us?
(05-21-2016, 01:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok then I won't cherry pick either.. Bengals won division had a better overall record.. so they were better in regular season, assume since I did not cherry pick you would agree with this statement

Regular being the operative word. If we look at the whole season, no doubt the Steelers were better. The post season win that gave them a 2-1 record over the Bengals is far more critical than the Bengals winning 1 more game that season.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 04:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Regular being the operative word. If we look at the whole season, no doubt the Steelers were better. The post season win that gave them a 2-1 record over the Bengals is far more critical than the Bengals winning 1 more game that season.

But they only won the playoff game on a last minute penalty on Burfict and Jones when, in reality, it should have been a penalty on Porter before Jones could even commit his penalty, leaving the Steelers with 32 more yards to even get into field goal range.  

Game over.  

The Steelers got outplayed, so ranking them ahead of us in the standings based on that win is flawed logic.
Reply/Quote
I stopped reading when you said "they won".

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 06:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I stopped reading when you said "they won".

I don't see the words "they won" paired together anywhere, so that post makes no sense.

Not even a little bit.

You're a high school teacher?!
Reply/Quote
Sometimes I feel bad for him.

Sometimes.

Then I feel guilty for hitting these slow pitches he sets up.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 09:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sometimes I feel bad for him.

Sometimes.

Then I feel guilty for hitting these slow pitches he sets up.

Typical Pat.  

Ignore his own bullshit he posts and just go off on another mini-tirade that claims victory, like he always does, which is ironic considering he accused me of it and then went on for months ending every post with "I claim victory."

Please, though, attempt to explain how your logic wasn't flawed if that was so easy of a set-up.
Reply/Quote
All over the the damn board with this petty shit. Gettin' old!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
You acknowledged that they won, I said that I stopped reading after you said "they won" since that was my point, you realized this and decided to point out that you said "they only won" not "they won" hoping that it somehow meant something, and then I said I felt bad for you.

The Steelers won. No one cares about the BS "they only won because of this or that". They won. The end. If you have something of value to add, please do so. The people who do the rankings aren't Bengals fans, so they don't care about the "they only won because" bs.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But they only won the playoff game on a last minute penalty on Burfict and Jones when, in reality, it should have been a penalty on Porter before Jones could even commit his penalty, leaving the Steelers with 32 more yards to even get into field goal range.  

Game over.  

The Steelers got outplayed, so ranking them ahead of us in the standings based on that win is flawed logic.

Dude just stop.

They're ranked ahead of the Bengals because they are, in fact, better than the Bengals. If the Bengals were better than they wouldn't have imploded like they did in the postseason.

When was the last time the Steelers imploded? I don't remember because good teams don't implode. Did they get away with a few non calls? Irrelevant - they had more penalties than the Bengals so they were able to win despite screwing the pooch more often and for more yards.

The ifs ands and buts are irrelevant - they won 2 out of 3. The record books don't have asterisks next to W's saying 'the Bengals would've won but they lost their composure'. It just says 'Steelers win'.

Just stop and quit acting like there is some grand conspiracy. You get ahead by beating people - not imploding like a peewee team on national TV.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 01:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You acknowledged that they won, I said that I stopped reading after you said "they won" since that was my point, you realized this and decided to point out that you said "they only won" not "they won" hoping that it somehow meant something, and then I said I felt bad for you.

The Steelers won. No one cares about the BS "they only won because of this or that". They won. The end. If you have something of value to add, please do so. The people who do the rankings aren't Bengals fans, so they don't care about the "they only won because" bs.
It's not BS if you're not making excuses and just pointing out that the Steelers broke the rules, plain and simple.
(05-22-2016, 11:42 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Dude just stop.

They're ranked ahead of the Bengals because they are, in fact, better than the Bengals. If the Bengals were better than they wouldn't have imploded like they did in the postseason.

When was the last time the Steelers imploded? I don't remember because good teams don't implode. Did they get away with a few non calls? Irrelevant - they had more penalties than the Bengals so they were able to win despite screwing the pooch more often and for more yards.

The ifs ands and buts are irrelevant - they won 2 out of 3. The record books don't have asterisks next to W's saying 'the Bengals would've won but they lost their composure'. It just says 'Steelers win'.

Just stop and quit acting like there is some grand conspiracy. You get ahead by beating people - not imploding like a peewee team on national TV.

They didn't implode.  

The penalty on Burfict was a penalty, but it was a bullshit penalty, especially since Burfict had less than a second to either let him catch the ball or knock it free, which he even tried to miss him at the last instance.

The Steelers imploded because Porter went onto the field, which should have been a penalty long before Jones could commit the penalty and would have made it a 65 yard field goal attempt, which isn't happening.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not BS if you're not making excuses and just pointing out that the Steelers broke the rules, plain and simple.

They didn't implode.  

The penalty on Burfict was a penalty, but it was a bullshit penalty, especially since Burfict had less than a second to either let him catch the ball or knock it free, which he even tried to miss him at the last instance.

The Steelers imploded because Porter went onto the field, which should have been a penalty long before Jones could commit the penalty and would have made it a 65 yard field goal attempt, which isn't happening.

Yawn
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 08:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Every power ranking that I've seen since the draft has the Steelers ranked ahead of us.

I realize that every media outlet kisses their asses, but how is that even possible?!  We had a great draft; they had a shitty draft.  We should have beat them in the playoffs but they were saved by fumble when the game was all-but-over and then a no-call of a coach illegally being on the field.  We get our QB back, who was having an MVP-like season before he was hurt in the second game against them.  Their secondary is horrible and mostly either aging or young and not good.

People will say "we had to play most of the season without Bell, and he's one of the best backs in the league!"   Rolleyes You only lost three games without him last year, with one of them being to Baltimore (who is horrible, but still swept you), and we beat you in the playoffs with our back-up QB until you cheated.

How are the Steelers ranked ahead of us?!

Until our Bengals can get over the label of the 'one and done' playoff team, they really won't be looked at as being an AFCN favorite any year. I've seen many analysts even put Baltimore ahead of us, and they had an absolutely dreadful year last year (assuming they bounce back to par). Good teams bounce back and don't have the mental breakdowns, which the Ravens and Steelers have proven. Once the Bengals can prove they have some composure, they will most likely be looked at an AFC heavy weight with their recent success in positioning their roster while maintaining cap space. People keep saying "this year might be the last shot etc. etc..". It really isn't...We are positioning players and an incredible amount of depth at each position and will be just fine for the foreseeable future, but you still have to go out their and win ball games between the ears as well.

I will say that people seem to be overlooking the Bryant absence and the Bell injuries and the affect it will have on the Steelers. With Bryant out - I know Wheaton and Coates will be there too, but they have been pretty big ?s from what I have seen. The Steelers are a totally different offense when you can limit AB touches by double teaming, so unless Wheaton/Coates really disprove me, I don't see the same passing firepower as last year. Yes Bell is back and is a threat out of the backfield from a passing standpoint, but there are only so many leg injuries one can sustain and be the same athlete as the prior year...he could prove me wrong and come out like some kind of super robot, but I don't see Bell being the same player as the 2,000+ total yards '14 version...

Like I mentioned in a prior thread, All three power teams in the AFCN will have a realistic shot at the division title IMO. The Browns, maybe they can get to a 6-10 season, but I even doubt that (vegas has them at 4.5 right now).
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 04:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Regular being the operative word. If we look at the whole season, no doubt the Steelers were better. The post season win that gave them a 2-1 record over the Bengals is far more critical than the Bengals winning 1 more game that season.

I think last year is such a weird/flukey year to compare the Steelers and the Bengals. The Steelers were without Big Ben for a couple games, and LB for the majority. And the Bengals were just a different team when Dalton was out. The one game that they had the largest majority of their starters was when the Bengals won in Pittsburgh.

Its like trying to hit a moving target. At full power, I think last year they were pretty level. The two Pitt wins against us were against a backup QB, so its hard to say they were absolutely better given they lost when both teams were at near full strength. Pitt can be an odd team at times too. Some days they don't look beatable when their offense is on fire, but then they lose those random home games to horrible teams once in a while. Bit of a Jekyll & Hyde.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not BS if you're not making excuses and just pointing out that the Steelers broke the rules, plain and simple.

They didn't implode.  

Yeah okay buddy.

You're right and literally everyone else is wrong. You should be the one making the money talking unbiased about the NFL since you clearly have it down pat.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote

Well duh since the thread and article is about who is going to win the division.. the division means before playoffs just in case you are confused.  Bengals have won division 2 out of last three years and have the best record over the last three years , so not sure where the playoffs have to do with regular season team and actually if you look at the whole season the Bengals took a hold of the division early and never looked back even with Dalton going down late.. I will stay with the Division Champs to repeat  just think they have more depth than Steelers in a few positions and believe Dalton has not peaked yet and could see Ben sliding a bit.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 02:04 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well duh since the thread and article is about who is going to win the division.. the division means before playoffs just in case you are confused.  Bengals have won division 2 out of last three years and have the best record over the last three years , so not sure where the playoffs have to do with regular season team and actually if you look at the whole season the Bengals took a hold of the division early and never looked back even with Dalton going down late.. I will stay with the Division Champs to repeat  just think they have more depth than Steelers in a few positions and believe Dalton has not peaked yet and could see Ben sliding a bit.

This thread is actually about how most rankings could put the Steelers over the Bengals. Which I explained.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This thread is actually about how most rankings could put the Steelers over the Bengals. Which I explained.

oh that is right, like when you said it was because the Steelers sweep the Bengals last year in their games which was incorrect, maybe you confused that with the sweeping of the Ravens the last two seasons....  Hilarious 
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 08:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:   We had a great draft; they had a shitty draft.  

How would anyone know that already?
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 11:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: oh that is right, like when you said it was because the Steelers sweep the Bengals last year in their games which was incorrect, maybe you confused that with the sweeping of the Ravens the last two seasons....  Hilarious 

I never said the Steelers swept the Bengals.

I just looked at all of my posts and the only one that even references head to head match up says that the Steelers were "2-1" against the Bengals...

Are you ok?

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 02:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I never said the Steelers swept the Bengals.

I just looked at all of my posts and the only one that even references head to head match up says that the Steelers were "2-1" against the Bengals...

Are you ok?

I stand corrected.. too many Bmores on here lol. though you did say looking at the whole season the Steelers were clearly better.. that is a false statement since the Bengals were in first for the entire season.. I still will take the Bengals for the variety of reasons I stated.. but it will be a battle between the two of them.. hopefully Baltimore can hold off the Browns from the basement.
Reply/Quote