Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us?
(05-23-2016, 03:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I stand corrected.. too many Bmores on here lol. though you did say looking at the whole season the Steelers were clearly better.. that is a false statement since the Bengals were in first for the entire season.. I still will take the Bengals for the variety of reasons I stated.. but it will be a battle between the two of them.. hopefully Baltimore can hold off the Browns from the basement.

Advancing in the playoffs means you had a better overall season, so it's not false. The only people who try to discredit playoff success are Bengals fans. 

Another reason why I know I am right is that you're now focusing on how bad of a season the Ravens had in a thread about how the Steelers are ranked ahead of the Bengals...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm...1988 and 2005 (well, got 38 that time) are your answers there.

No, no. I'm looking for a 40 point game against the Steelers in 2016.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 04:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Advancing in the playoffs means you had a better overall season, so it's not false. The only people who try to discredit playoff success are Bengals fans. 

Another reason why I know I am right is that you're now focusing on how bad of a season the Ravens had in a thread about how the Steelers are ranked ahead of the Bengals...

First it is called humor, try some of it.. second... you mentioned clearly they had a overall better season and I don;t agree, The Bengals as a whole had a dominating season until Dalton went down and they still won the division and were a play away from beating Pittsburgh with out Dalton... the difference is you seem to say winning one game in the playoffs mean a team had a clearly better season then the team that lead and controlled the division from start to finish and I disagree. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 04:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Advancing in the playoffs means you had a better overall season, so it's not false. The only people who try to discredit playoff success are Bengals fans. 

I think it depends on perspective. I think a lot of us Bengals fans try to find comfort in the fact that we can do extremely well during the regular season. For me personally, in every other sport I watch or participate in, if you don't win it all I don't really care (kind of the Ricky Bobby approach, but hang with me). As a lifelong Bengals fan, that obviously means that I've had quite a frustrating life in terms of no championships. Yeah maybe a playoff win here or there means 'progress' or getting over that mental hurdle, but until the Bengals can hold the trophy - I won't really be totally happy.

Playoff Success = Super Bowl. Everyone else is still a loser at the end of the day...I'm not trying to say I wouldn't appreciate if the Bengals win A playoff game - I think that would be progress, but still won't be completely satisfied until we have a SB. Weird coming from a Bengals fan since we don't have any, but every other team I follow has multiple championships, so my attitude might be a bit more optimistic..
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:35 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I think it depends on perspective. I think a lot of us Bengals fans try to find comfort in the fact that we can do extremely well during the regular season. For me personally, in every other sport I watch or participate in, if you don't win it all I don't really care (kind of the Ricky Bobby approach, but hang with me). As a lifelong Bengals fan, that obviously means that I've had quite a frustrating life in terms of no championships. Yeah maybe a playoff win here or there means 'progress' or getting over that mental hurdle, but until the Bengals can hold the trophy - I won't really be totally happy.

Playoff Success = Super Bowl. Everyone else is still a loser at the end of the day...I'm not trying to say I wouldn't appreciate if the Bengals win A playoff game - I think that would be progress, but still won't be completely satisfied until we have a SB. Weird coming from a Bengals fan since we don't have any, but every other team I follow has multiple championships, so my attitude might be a bit more optimistic..

obviously you don;t follow the Cubs.. lol..maybe this year...
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First it is called humor, try some of it.. second... you mentioned clearly they had a overall better season and I don;t agree, The Bengals as a whole had a dominating season until Dalton went down and they still won the division and were a play away from beating Pittsburgh with out Dalton... the difference is you seem to say winning one game in the playoffs mean a team had a clearly better season then the team that lead and controlled the division from start to finish and I disagree. 

Make it funny next time, maybe?

Also, beating a team twice and knocking them out of the playoffs means you had a better season.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: obviously you don;t follow the Cubs.. lol..maybe this year...

Haha nope I do not follow the Cubs. I live in Australia and the teams I follow here are pretty big powerhouses (Melbourne is the sports capital), and then I follow the Bengals/Reds/Spurs (used to live in Texas as well)...Reds are also down this year obviously, but they've had some winners before.
Reply/Quote
I however want to see the Cubs win the pennant. As they have been cursed. Just IMHO!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
The ONLY thing that the Stinkers have over the Bengals is a psychological edge. Overall talent of the Bengals is surpassing the Stinkers enough to not even be an issue.

Stinkers coaching may be ahead of Bengals because of their conniving ways, and because our coaching staff, as far as strategic implementation when it matters, is sub-par. As with the players, the coaches have yet to master neutralizing the "Jedi-Mind-Tricking" of the Stinkers.

You'd think, based on most Bengals players and coaches coming from winning programs, they'd have no problem with not being sucked into the garbage that is offered by the Stinkers. In 2016, it has already started, with their running back, Mr. Williams, making comments about how we messed up their chances of winning it all. ... and the person of whom should have learned by now, not to get sucked into the mess again, Burfict, has been sucked in once again.

Basically, the Stinkers KNOW that they are outmatched with regard to talent, and so they depend on psychological tactics that obviously have been working for them. As soon as the Bengals mature emotionally and stop being hypnotized by the Stinkers' past, brand, and rhetoric, they will have absolutely no problem ending the controversy with a good season of beatings and thrashings. They should be neutral in their emotional attachment to Dippsburgh. ... because as long as your eyes and emotions are set on the Dippsburgh Stinkers, your focus is far off of the prize of winning it all.

Leather Face has spoken.
Reply/Quote
yep, it was the Jedi mind trick that caused Andy Dalton to throw the worlds worst shuffle pass leading to a broken thumb trying to make the tackle.

It was also the Jedi mind trick that caused AJ McCarron to throw a pick 6.

It was also the Jedi mind trick that caused Burfict to head hunt Brown when the game was at hand.

Yep, I think that you're really on to something here.

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 09:30 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: yep, it was the Jedi mind trick that caused Andy Dalton to throw the worlds worst shuffle pass leading to a broken thumb trying to make the tackle.

It was also the Jedi mind trick that caused Burfict to head hunt Brown when the game was at hand.

Nervous

Good... At least we agree that it isn't because of the overwhelming talent that the Stinkers have. We may be making some progress here with Stinker fan therapy. Bengals lost 5 games last season; two of which were to the Stinkers, and it was because of their own doing. ....awwwe, gimme a hug. I'm proud of you.
Reply/Quote
Oh and how can I forget. 
If you watch the replay, Ryan Shazier never touches the ball on Hills fumble. It looks like Hill actually hands Shazier the ball. Also Shazier is mic'd up and heard saying "this isn't the ball you want, you can have it" to Hill. 

I do give you credit for coming up with something more original than "the league hates us and is against us" excuse. 

And Dippsburg Stinkers? Good stuff right there. I was getting tired of Shitsburgh Squeelers 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 09:30 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: yep, it was the Jedi mind trick that caused Andy Dalton to throw the worlds worst shuffle pass leading to a broken thumb trying to make the tackle.

Nervous

It's not very Jedi to use the mind trick to cause harm. That's some Sith shit right there.

I'm just saying.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 10:42 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's not very Jedi to use the mind trick to cause harm. That's some Sith shit right there.

I'm just saying.

I checked out right after the Phantom Menace so any recent Star Wars jargon is lost on me.

Damn George Lucas for ruining the franchise and turning it into a kids movie....but thats another thread for another time in the Klostch section. 
Reply/Quote

please tell me where it is "written" that winning in the playoffs means you had a better overall season.. that is your opinion... and there are many others that would not agree with that.. playoff success does weight into evaluation of an overall season but to just say one win in playoffs mean you had a better season is pretty limited thinking..
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: please tell me where it is "written" that winning in the playoffs means you had a better overall season.. that is your opinion... and there are many others that would not agree with that.. playoff success does weight into evaluation of an overall season but to just say one win in playoffs mean you had a better season is pretty limited thinking..

#bengalfanlogic

Maybe I'm out of it, but I thought that the goal of every NFL team was win a Championship, and therefore only logical to conclude the further a team advances toward that goal the more successful the season. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: please tell me where it is "written" that winning in the playoffs means you had a better overall season.. that is your opinion... and there are many others that would not agree with that.. playoff success does weight into evaluation of an overall season but to just say one win in playoffs mean you had a better season is pretty limited thinking..

The point of the NFL is to get as close to the Super Bowl as possible and ultimately win it. 

The Steelers were closer. 

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 05:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: #bengalfanlogic

Maybe I'm out of it, but I thought that the goal of every NFL team was win a Championship, and therefore only logical to conclude the further a team advances toward that goal the more successful the season. 

So with that logic there is only one team that has a good season and the rest were bad.. I just don;t see it that way...

As fan, I would hate to endure a 7-9 season for 17 weeks, I would much rather endure a 12-4 season for 17 weeks even if both teams made the playoffs.. if my 7-9 team won one game in the playoffs and then were out.. and my 12-4 team lost in first round, I still would not rate the 7-9 team overall a better season in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 05:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The point of the NFL is to get as close to the Super Bowl as possible and ultimately win it. 

The Steelers were closer. 

The Steelers were one play away from switching with Bengals.. one step closer on one play is to slim for me to annoint the other team, especially when they never really contended during the season with the superior team for 17 weeks.. 

We are not going to agree on this so i will give it a rest and just look forward to another playoff run by my team.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 11:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The Steelers were one play away from switching with Bengals.. one step closer on one play is to slim for me to annoint the other team, especially when they never really contended during the season with the superior team for 17 weeks.. 

We are not going to agree on this so i will give it a rest and just look forward to another playoff run by my team.

The Steelers won and advanced in the playoffs. They also won 2 of their 3 games against the Bengals. They clearly contended quite well.

They were clearly the better team for being able to take 2 of 3 and advance further. This is why they're ranked higher.

Reply/Quote