Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Much do you Trust Nugent?
Wait, why are people worried he's gonna miss specifically at a crucial point?

It could be any time in the game, his inaccuracy doesn't discriminate against different scenarios.
Reply/Quote
We have this horrible problem with an offense seemingly scoring TDs at will and Nuggent over there like the Maytag repair man. I don't see this as such a horrible problem. Am I missing something here?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's 12 for 14 in clutch kicking situations. I trust him pretty well.

He has declined. Plus, you guys act like there's amazing options out there. Have you seen Scobee? The Steelers are now on their 4th kicker. Jaguars got rid of Scobee for a rookie kicker, and we see how that went.

It's tough to get a good kicker in the NFL. Nugent isn't the best, but he's alright.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:56 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's 12 for 14 in clutch kicking situations. I trust him pretty well.

He has declined. Plus, you guys act like there's amazing options out there. Have you seen Scobee? The Steelers are now on their 4th kicker. Jaguars got rid of Scobee for a rookie kicker, and we see how that went.

It's tough to get a good kicker in the NFL. Nugent isn't the best, but he's alright.

Gee, a voice of reason....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 11:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Are you a politician?

Corrupt politician, elected myself to be on the boards.
I give you homework and now you expose me instead... 
Reply/Quote
I don't trust him.

Unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
NFL kicker salaries are 7 figures.  They have open kicking camps and every soccer player in college tries to place kick for the football team.... many are the guys that we currently have in the NFL.  More were high school players at other positions, or played other sports but found a scholarship through place kicking.  I believe Nugent was a quarterback in high school. If there were soccer players or rugby players that were better place kickers ... they would find their way to the position.

I believe Aguyao from Florida State will be drafted very high, maybe even thursday or friday.  Also has a brother at IMG Academy in Bradenton
Reply/Quote
Big time OSU fan, and have liked Nuge for a while, but he has got to go. Like other posters have said, I actually get nervous at anything beyond 40. Sometimes even 35. We need to look at college kickers for this offseason.
Reply/Quote
Really all FGs are clutch situations.  A FG in the second quarter may not put the game on ice, but a missed FG in the 2nd can be the difference in the game....  I don't trust Mike Nugent.  I was an Obarsky fan in the 1st qtr of the 1st preseason game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Solid kickers are very, very hard to come by in this world. I don't know how often you all watch college football but even the top tier schools have kickers who are mostly garbage, so it stands to reason that the pickings are slim for NFL teams. Is there someone better out there than Nuge? Probably, but I wouldn't throw the guy off the boat unless he has a real meltdown.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Nuge ranks 21st among active kickers in FG%:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

Not a good kicker, but he's probably better than what's on the street at the moment. They should make a serious effort to replace him, but it seems Mikey Boy has found a favorite. Nuge's job is safe.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I trust my wallet with a politician more than i trust Nugent to make a FG.
Reply/Quote
Not much at all......I wanted to pursue another option after that bad stretch last year. Hopefully, he gets back on track like he did last year. We'll see.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't trust any kicker when you're about 40+ yards out. There's just too many possible variables at play that's not in the kicker's control.
Reply/Quote

Lil bit.  I'm not down on him, he seems good enough but all kickers make me nervous.  

I've noticed he misses most when we should be going for the first, or taking a shot at 6 points, like he doesn't really want to be kicking in that moment, or really any "down" moment. 

I'd trust him more with a game winner than to give us 3 when we're down by 7.
Reply/Quote
Where is Neil Rackers when you need him?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 02:21 AM)Utts Wrote: Where is Neil Rackers when you need him?

Rackers actually went on to have a solid career. That PBS sod was in terrible shape when he was kicking for us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't have much concern about Nugent right now.
Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and many other teams would LOVE to have a kicker like Nugent today.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 03:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Every time Nugent misses I keep thinking how letting Brown go was a huge mistake.

But he only misses 15 percent of time,  so you trust him 85 percent, sounds good to me
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: We have this horrible problem with an offense seemingly scoring TDs at will and Nuggent over there like the Maytag repair man. I don't see this as such a horrible problem.  Am I missing something here?

Nope.

(10-06-2015, 01:56 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's 12 for 14 in clutch kicking situations. I trust him pretty well.

What Wolf here says.
Reply/Quote