Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Much do you Trust Nugent?
Nuuuuge..... I still got faith in him when the chips our down. Like others said all kicks are pressure situations.

Me and my Dad always equate kicking to golf. Sometimes you're hitting good and sometimes at the highest level you're just hitting ok. Nuuuge will get it together
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The thing that drives me nuts is allowing a return guy to get the other team back in the game or players to get hurt. With the kickoff rule the way it is now there should be no reason a kicker cant kick a touch back on every kickoff. If Nuge lets Seattles rookie burn us I will flip TFO.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:10 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The thing that drives me nuts is allowing a return guy to get the other team back in the game or players to get hurt. With the kickoff rule the way it is now there should be no reason a kicker cant kick a touch back on every kickoff. If Nuge lets Seattles rookie burn us I will flip TFO.

no kicker is perfect on touchbacks.. also players today will try to return it much deeper in end zone than before..  Nugent is average at kickoffs as far as length but pretty good at placement.
Reply/Quote
We made the playoffs 4 years in a row with Nugent, ergo IF we replace him it will become the 90s again...er, something.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We made the playoffs 4 years in a row with Nugent, ergo IF we replace him it will become the 90s again...er, something.

Nugent was gold in the playoffs last year... only guy that was.. career long in the playoffs? At least Nuge tried.
Reply/Quote
Petty clutch today, I would say.  Running on with clock running to send the game into overtime at the gun and making the game winner in overtime.   Close for sure, but good.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 05:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Rackers actually went on to have a solid career. That PBS sod was in terrible shape when he was kicking for us.

He was Bengalized.
Reply/Quote
Trust him, always.

The Carolina miss was an anomaly, as far as Nuge' is concerned; that was more of a Graham thing to do.

Nuge', if he misses, misses the easy, no pressure kicks, which Graham made in spades.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I was nervous, I admit. The kick to tie it was really clutch because he had no time.
Reply/Quote
Let's face it... Hitting the post is technically a botched kick. YES it went in, but as far as executing the kick he failed, in spite of the fact it banked in.
Reply/Quote
I don't trust him, didn't he miss like 4 or 5 in a row last year (multiple in game)? I don't trust Nuge to hit a 50 yard to win in the bowl, but we have nobody else.

You see the Steelers just cutthroat when their kicker sucks.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I trust him... And very glad we had him today!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:09 PM)Utts Wrote: Let's face it... Hitting the post is technically a botched kick. YES it went in, but as far as executing the kick he failed, in spite of the fact it banked in.

Any kick that is goes through the uprights is not botched.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:09 PM)Utts Wrote: Let's face it... Hitting the post is technically a botched kick. YES it went in, but as far as executing the kick he failed, in spite of the fact it banked in.

Technically, it still counted for 3, so at least there's that Wink
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Nuge is 21st in accuracy of active kickers (career) in the league, and 9-22 from 50+.
Reply/Quote
He scares the hell outa me, but he's part of the family. And yes, he is usually clutch. Once he gets on his annual roll, he'll be fine.

The tying kick was magnificent.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hitting the goal post on a game winner seemed perfect for Nugent. Gets a game winner but still can't make it an easy one.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think Nuge and Dalton were probably laughing after that kick dinged itself in, perfect way to sum the game up. Surprised nobody in the stands was taken to the hospital for heart troubles. My fever was probably kicked up a degree or two during that game.
Reply/Quote
The guy scares the shit outta me, so I didn't see the winning field goal. I couldn't watch. I just lowered my head and waited for the crowd response. And, it was kinda funny the way the crowd sounded. At first I thought he missed it because the crowd was so quiet for so long, but then the place went nuts.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I saw the forum reaction first since I'm on a delay, and everyone was saying NUUUUGE - but one guy said "Bank shot" and I was like WTF? He banked it?
Reply/Quote