Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How about AJ McCarron
(01-14-2016, 06:50 PM)BigSeph Wrote: I apologize for quoting a former NFL QB on a specific point relating to center/QB exchanges in an NFL game.   Sarcasm

That's not quoting Phil Simms as "gospel," if any of you AJM-bashers go look at the video you will see where the ball was snapped.  But because some of you are arguing from ignorance, pretending a game happened which no one else saw, I am forced to attempt to offer you direct quotes from the video which I re-watched several times.

I thought that would be a short way of explaining what happened (using an external source besides my own personal opinion) but apparently none of you can be bothered to go look at the game when you decide to argue about it.

As far as my McCarron avatar, so what?  I'm not yammering about how wonderful AJM is and how he played the greatest game in NFL history.  I said he struggled early and battled through it to put points on the board when it mattered most and bring this team back at the end of the game.  That's a gutty performance.  That's all.  You could learn a thing or two about objectivity and dealing with what actually happened, rather than grinding your axe and bashing the guy 24/7.

I think it's more telling that a handful of posters can't give AJM an ounce of credit than what my avatar happens to be.

This guy can't be for real.  He has to be an alt of cornerblitz or something like that.  A regular troll would not disappear for months and just suddenly reappear.

And it is clearly an act.  No one in his right mind would have such delusions of persecution over over a player like AJM.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:03 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Everyone knows Dalton's job is safe. He played amazingly.

I'm going off of how McCarron played overall. If Dalton had the same results, I'd be saying the same thing. Just like I have after his playoff games as well.

Dalton has had worse results in the past, including in the playoffs and against bad teams, which is why I'm not particularly finding AJM's play that bad. Now if AJM had 90 starts under his belt and played that way, I'd be pointing to the first half miscues as real reason for loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This guy can't be for real.  He has to be an alt of cornerblitz or something like that.  A regular troll would not disappear for months and just suddenly reappear.

And it is clearly an act.  No one in his right mind would have such delusions of persecution over over a player like AJM.

Admitted McCarron fan who is only a Bengal fan because McCarron is a Bengal.

(01-14-2016, 09:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton has had worse results in the past, including in the playoffs and against bad teams, which is why I'm not particularly finding AJM's play that bad. Now if AJM had 90 starts under his belt and played that way, I'd be pointing to the first half miscues as real reason for loss.

Oh horseshit.
Dalton never got those breaks. He was always put front and center on losses. Regardless of how he performed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This guy can't be for real.  He has to be an alt of cornerblitz or something like that.  A regular troll would not disappear for months and just suddenly reappear.

[Image: f07.jpg]

I simply have tried to get a few posters on this forum to give AJM a little bit of credit for his performance vs. Pittsburgh.

It's not going too well, as you can see.

Facts, statistics, historical comparisons and direct quotes from commentators during the game have been brushed aside in favor of delusional thoughts from fantasy island.

I don't have "delusions of persecution" because I don't feel like I'm being persecuted nor do I feel that AJM is being persecuted. I think a few guys are just Andy Dalton ball-lickers and they hate AJM because a few fans in the offseason bashed their hero and said AJM should start.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:44 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Admitted McCarron fan who is only a Bengal fan because McCarron is a Bengal.

Oh horseshit.
Dalton never got those breaks. He was always put front and center on losses. Regardless of how he performed. 

^ Guy who claims to put others on ignore then runs his mouth about them.

I see Royle Reda$$ didn't take his Midol today either.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:03 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Everyone knows Dalton's job is safe. He played amazingly.

I'm going off of how McCarron played overall. If Dalton had the same results, I'd be saying the same thing. Just like I have after his playoff games as well.

If Dalton was in there and had same game, I would have said the run game didnt help him in the rain that first half, and he wasnt making enoughthrows to carry the offense alone. Then with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr his play picked up and helped get the lead with under 2 minutes to go, while making a couple of clutch throws on the "game-winning" drive. Only difference is that McC started his 4th game. 

Regardless who it is for whatever team, whenever a qb in the playoffs is able to shine when the lights are the brightest as the game winds down, then their stock goes up, especially a game with shit weather. And his arrow is up in the football world (tho mainly outside of Cincy it seems).
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:37 AM)BigSeph Wrote: [Image: f07.jpg]

I simply have tried to get a few posters on this forum to give AJM a little bit of credit for his performance vs. Pittsburgh.

It's not going too well, as you can see.

Facts, statistics, historical comparisons and direct quotes from commentators during the game have been brushed aside in favor of delusional thoughts from fantasy island.

I don't have "delusions of persecution" because I don't feel like I'm being persecuted nor do I feel that AJM is being persecuted.  I think a few guys are just Andy Dalton ball-lickers and they hate AJM because a few fans in the offseason bashed their hero and said AJM should start.
It's because admitting to the fact AJM gave the team a legit shot to win is admitting that he did something Dalton has not been able to. When you have not been able to put your team in position to win in the playoffs four times it is more likely that you can't do it.

AJM is a equivalent player at the QB position as AD. You know this because Andy most ardent supporters are now saying "yea but Andy has 80 starts" so he is better. Lol.
Or the ridiculous assertion that he was a liget MVP candidate...that is the one that is sad. Every time some post that it literally makes me laugh out loud.

Wait for it....some one will post an old article about how AD is mentioned with the top MVP candidates. It's kind of like saying the 5th place derby horse who gets beat by the win, place, and show horse by 40 lengths almost won. Lol! Some one has to be 5th but it doesn't matter and no one cares. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:38 AM)BigSeph Wrote: ^ Guy who claims to put others on ignore then runs his mouth about them.

I see Royle Reda$$ didn't take his Midol today either.

Lol. Stating what you've told me in the past isn't running my mouth.

You continually calling names, is however. 

And when someone quotes your post, I can still see it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:03 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: AJM is a equivalent player at the QB position as AD. 

Anyone read any further than this?

Nah, me neither.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is a better player right now, but you can't compare a guy who has played that many games vs a guy who had a handful of games under his hands at the end of a season. Its a shame we didn't win some playoff games because the trade value on him would have went up.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:03 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: 1)When you have not been able to put your team in position to win in the playoffs four times it is more likely that you can't do it.

2)AJM is a equivalent player at the QB position as AD. You know this because Andy most ardent supporters are now saying "yea but Andy has 80 starts" so he is better. Lol.

1) Andy actually DID put his team in position to win ONE of the playoff games. IIRC, it was the 2nd PO game against the Texans, late in the 4th QTR, Dalton throws a pass in the end zone to AJ Green that is JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST a bit out of reach. Had Green caught that, the game would've been tied and the extra point would have put them ahead. 

Yeah, it was the only time in 4 playoff games, but it does show that Dalton most likely CAN do it.

2) AJM may be a similar STYLE of QB, but he is nowhere NEAR the QB that AD is. And it's NOT because Andy has more starts. Yes, Andy has more experience, but Andy can actually READ a defense - his pre-snap defensive reading is near the tops in the league; he can audible to different plays; he can go through progressions (when he has enough time); and he is the undisputed leader of this team. About the only thing AJM seems to be better at is pocket awareness (though Dalton's this year has been almost phenomenal).

Let's not forget that Dalton had the highest QB rating in the AFC and 2nd highest in the NFL.

But, please. continue with this fantasy that somehow a guy who could barely throw for more than 200 yards in a game is on par with the 2nd ranked QB in the league.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
All I know is, for the first time in the last 25 years, for a few precious minutes last Saturday, I felt like we did it and had finally broken through. We had that playoff win we had wanted for so long. And the QB on the field was AJ McCarron
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: His accuracy was shit, but then again it was raining. I think he kept his cool and didn't fold in the spotlight.

This. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:44 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh horseshit.

You are confusing last year with Dalton's rookie year. In Dalton's first two years he was given the benefit of the doubt a lot for being a young QB.

After that first playoff loss it was like, well he's a rookie should get better.

After the second playoff loss where the defense out scored the offense it was only his second year and he did improve that second year over all. People really questioned the offensive play calling in that game.

After the third playoff loss people started to wonder and Dalton was given a large contract, but the terms of the deal showed that the Bengals weren't completely sold as they worked the deal to give themselves an out.

After the Cleveland game last year, it was like, WTF?

It took Dalton awhile to irritate some fans. Fans didn't hate on him from day one.

Now in 2015 I believe he really become a top flight QB. But it took him that long to do it.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You are confusing last year with Dalton's rookie year. In Dalton's first two years he was given the benefit of the doubt a lot for being a young QB.

After that first playoff loss it was like, well he's a rookie should get better.

After the second playoff loss where the defense out scored the offense it was only his second year and he did improve that second year over all. People really questioned the offensive play calling in that game.

After the third playoff loss people started to wonder and Dalton was given a large contract, but the terms of the deal showed that the Bengals weren't completely sold as they worked it give themselves an out.

After the Cleveland game last year, it was like, WTF?

It took Dalton awhile to irritate some fans. Fans didn't hate on him from day one.

Now in 2015 I believe he really become a top flight QB. But it took him that long to do it.

The narrative in 2011 after the loss to Houston was Dalton can't perform in big games. That's when it started and never went away. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The narrative in 2011 after the loss to Houston was Dalton can't perform in big games. That's when it started and never went away. 

I don't remember it that way. It was only one game. How do you write that narrative from one game?

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't remember it that way. It was only one game. How do you write that narrative from one game?

The same way people write the narrative that AJM totally can by one game in which he was terrible for the vast majority of the game. 
It's a narrative for a reason.

Every subsequent loss added to it until it was the only Andy Dalton narrative that was heard. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The same way people write the narrative that AJM totally can by one game in which he was terrible for the vast majority of the game. 
It's a narrative for a reason.

Every subsequent loss added to it until it was the only Andy Dalton narrative that was heard. 

I think you hear what you want to hear.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I think you hear what you want to hear.

Not sure that applies to this, but okay. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The narrative in 2011 after the loss to Houston was Dalton can't perform in big games. That's when it started and never went away. 

Because he's never given anyone reason to make it go away. Even this year in his only MNF performance, they laid another turdburger.
Reply/Quote