Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How about AJ McCarron
(01-15-2016, 04:17 PM)WhoDeySince81 Wrote: Because he's never given anyone reason to make it go away. Even this year in his only MNF performance, they laid another turdburger.

He was superb in the other prime time games he played. Nice cherry pick. 

65% completion
5 TD
1 turnover
549 yards
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The same way people write the narrative that AJM totally can by one game in which he was terrible for the vast majority of the game. 
It's a narrative for a reason.

Every subsequent loss added to it until it was the only Andy Dalton narrative that was heard. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  You say "he was terrible for the vast majority of the game."

Here's the game log, summarized by what happened on each offensive possession-

1st drive - 2 for 2, 13 yards (Whitworth false start)

2nd drive - 3 for 5, 37 yards (Whitworth false start, AJM sacked by Harrison)

3rd drive - (13:06 left in 2nd Q) 1 for 2, 5 yards

4th drive - fumble (Bodine buttsnap), sack+fumble (Cam Heyward), Bengals recover both fumbles & punt

5th drive - 0 for 2, INT

6th drive - 1 for 3, 4 yards

7th drive - kneel

8th drive - 2 for 2, 13 yards, sack+fumble (Jarvis Jones), Steelers recover

9th drive - 1 for 3, 22 yards

10th drive - (5:02 left in 3rd Q) 3 for 6, 24 yards (Gio fumble)

11th drive - 0 for 1, Hill rushing TD  (long pass interference call)

12th drive - 4 for 6, 45 yards (drive from Cincy 13 to Pitt 17)

13th drive - 4 for 5, 42 yards (AJ Green TD)

14th drive - Hill fumble

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For 23 minutes out of 60 minutes, you can say AJM played poorly.  That is not "the vast majority."

If you take out his rough 2nd/3rd quarter possessions, he was 17 for 27, 166 yards, TD.

That's a QB rating of 127.

For almost 2/3 of the game, AJM had a QB rating of 127 with 1 TD and no turnovers.  So how do you say he was "terrible for the vast majority" of the game?

This is why no one should take you or the other McCarron bashers seriously.  You have no objectivity, you can't offer factual or tangible arguments to support your position.  You just keep saying "waahhhh he stunk" because you don't like the guy.

You're supposed to be a Bengals fan, not a McCarron basher.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:34 PM)BigSeph Wrote: This is exactly what I'm talking about.  You say "he was terrible for the vast majority of the game."

4th drive - fumble (Bodine buttsnap), sack+fumble (Cam Heyward), Bengals recover both fumbles & punt

5th drive - 0 for 2, INT

7th drive - kneel

14th drive - Hill fumble

For 23 minutes out of 60 minutes, you can say AJM played poorly.  That is not "the vast majority."

If you take out his rough 2nd/3rd quarter possessions, he was 17 for 27, 166 yards, TD.

For almost 2/3 of the game, AJM had a QB rating of 127 with 1 TD and no turnovers.  So how do you say he was "terrible for the vast majority" of the game?

This is why no one should take you or the other McCarron bashers seriously.  You have no objectivity, you can't offer factual or tangible arguments to support your position.  You just keep saying "waahhhh he stunk" because you don't like the guy.

Jesus christ.
This post is astoundingly bad.

And this is technically for Bengals fans only, not McCarron fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Jesus christ.

Is it bad because I systematically exposed how ignorant your earlier statement was?

You made a claim (terrible for the vast majority of the game).  I show exactly what happened in the game, which is the opposite of your claim.

You then get butthurt and call my post "bad."

Well offer a rebuttal, genius.  Please demonstrate in a way that doesn't involve your ignorant opinion how AJM was "terrible for the vast majority of the game."

Because when I look at stats, when I watched the game a few times, I don't see this "terrible" you're talking about.  He did not play well for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but I think most everyone can admit that.

You need to learn how to use statistics and facts, sort of like you did when listing Andy's other primetime games.  You may not value my opinion (and I certainly don't value yours at all) but the easiest way to settle an argument on whether someone was "terrible for the vast majority of the game" is to look at the game log and rewatch the game multiple times.

I have done it.  You haven't.  Thus, you want to argue from ignorance.  The only thing you remember from the game was apparently blind rage because of those few Bengal fans in the preseason who said AJM should start over Andy.  Keep carrying that grudge and looking like a fool on the internet because of it.  I don't care.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He was superb in the other prime time games he played. Nice cherry pick. 

65% completion
5 TD
1 turnover
549 yards

I "cherry picked" it because that was the biggest audience of any game he actually played in this season. The closest they got to a playoff atmosphere while Dalton was still the starter.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:34 PM)BigSeph Wrote: This is exactly what I'm talking about.  You say "he was terrible for the vast majority of the game."

5th drive - 0 for 2, INT

7th drive - kneel

14th drive - Hill fumble

So roughly half of the game he was terrible.....sounds legit.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love it when people start playing the "if you ignore the part where he sucked that player did pretty well" game.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:01 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I love it when people start playing the "if you ignore the part where he sucked that player did pretty well" game.

Except I'm not ignoring it.  That's why I haven't said that AJM played great, awesome, etc.

I'm pointing out how ridiculous Royce Reda$$ is being when he says AJM played "terrible for the vast majority of the game."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:12 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Except I'm not ignoring it.  That's why I haven't said that AJM played great, awesome, etc.

I'm pointing out how ridiculous Royce Reda$$ is being when he says AJM played "terrible for the vast majority of the game."

23 minutes out of 60 is a flat out lie dude.
He wasn't on the field for 30 of that.

We had 29:23 TOP.
so using your numbers, he was bad for 23 minutes of the 29:23 of him being on the field. 

How is that not the vast majority? That's roughly 80%
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: So roughly half of the game he was terrible.....sounds legit.

I guess if you accept the blatant falsehood of 23/60 given he wasn't on the field for half of that. 

Which is a nice clever ruse by Seph to try and make it seem better. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 23 minutes out of 60 is a flat out lie dude.

so using your numbers, he was bad for 23 minutes of the 29:23 of him being on the field. 

Your attempt at a counterargument is completely stupid.

I was comparing apples to apples, now you want to compare oranges to oranges.  Well here are some oranges, and you can eat it.

In the bolded, AJM's time of possession was 7:48 (this was the "terrible" AJM, and I gave you the kneeldown time before half)

In the rest of the game, AJM's time of possession was 19:41 (this was the not terrible AJM with the 127 QB rating and 1TD:0INT ratio).  I'm being nice and not taking the Hill fumble or miscellaneous other time of possession numbers.

So again, we arrive at this 30-40% range using time he was actually on the field, and it's not much different than total time of possession when making my point.

You have essentially made yourself look even more stupid, and supported my position even more with your irrational objections.

Let the grudge go.  You will continue to embarrass yourself when you post based on hatred and resentment rather than objectivity and facts.
Reply/Quote

5th drive - 0 for 2, INT

7th drive - kneel

14th drive - Hill fumble

Wow. When I look over these drives, they're pretty much all bad except the last two. 

Last 2 drives: 8 for 11, 87 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs (125.9 rating)

REST OF GAME: 15 of 30, 125 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT (47.2 rating) *3 fumbles
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wow. When I look over these drives, they're pretty much all bad except the last two. 

Last 2 drives: 8 for 11, 87 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs (125.9 rating)

REST OF GAME: 15 of 30, 125 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT (47.2 rating) *3 fumbles

I'd like to know how you arrived at those QB rating statistics.  Please share with the class.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 23 minutes out of 60 is a flat out lie dude.

(01-15-2016, 05:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I guess if you accept the blatant falsehood of 23/60 given he wasn't on the field for half of that. 

Which is a nice clever ruse by Seph to try and make it seem better. 

Note the "seems legit" part of my post Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:01 PM)BigSeph Wrote: I'd like to know how you arrived at those QB rating statistics.  Please share with the class.

Step 1: Using the statistics you provided, McCarron went 8-11-87-1-0 in his last 2 drives. 
Step 2: McCarron went 23-41-212-1-1 for the entire game.
Step 3: I subtracted his last 2 drives to figure out his totals for the rest of the game.
Step 4: I used Brucey's QB rating calculator to figure out the passer ratings. Here's a link for you:

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Step 1: Using the statistics you provided, McCarron went 8-11-87-1-0 in his last 2 drives. 
Step 2: McCarron went 23-41-212-1-1 for the entire game.
Step 3: I subtracted his last 2 drives to figure out his totals for the rest of the game.
Step 4: I used Brucey's QB rating calculator to figure out the passer ratings. Here's a link for you:

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

Thank you.  I was wondering how AJM's last 2 drive QB rating could be lower than his QB rating from a larger time frame, and using the FBG or Brucey's QB Rating calculators I get the same result.  So obviously the one I used was garbage.  :)

Where I put AJ's QB Rating as 127 above, it actually was 92.5.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:58 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Thank you.  I was wondering how AJM's last 2 drive QB rating could be lower than his QB rating from a larger time frame, and using the FBG or Brucey's QB Rating calculators I get the same result.  So obviously the one I used was garbage.  :)

Where I put AJ's QB Rating as 127 above, it actually was 92.5.

No problem. I've been using the Brucey one for a few years. It comes in handy whenever you need to splice stats.
Reply/Quote
[Image: BnTNcoaCAAIXS_P.jpg:medium]
Reply/Quote
I like AJM. He came in and showed poise. However his pocket presence and ability to read coverages need a lot of work. He rarely looked off his primary receiver. Marvin Jones and AJ helped him out with some fantastic grabs.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Jesus christ.

"If you just blame everything you can on the other people, he was bad for ONLY a little under half of the game (but 80% of the time the Bengals O had the ball). Plus, if you take away all the bad things he did, he was almost mediocre!"   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote