How about this WR corps?
(05-01-2016, 04:40 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think

Green
LaFell
Boyd
Alford
Core
Kumerow

Touchback is moved to the 25 this year. How many punt returns do we have a game?

Lafell is a one year rental. Time to see what life after Tate can do.

Comes down to Tate and Kumerow. Kumerow is Bosa's cousins. So the homer in me gives him the spot.

I have my doubts about James Wright after micro fracture surgery. Him being serious competition for the 6th spot would be a pleasant surprise.

Kumerow is Joey Bosa's cousin? Did not know that.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:59 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I don't see Core as any sure thing.

Green, LaFell and Boyd are locks, but I see the rest of the spots up for grabs.

This
Reply/Quote
I do believe this will be the fastest group of overall WRs will have had something that I like to see.

My gut is
Green
Lafell
Boyd
Core
Alford

then a battle between Tate, Wright, Kumerow for the 6th
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:45 AM)magikod Wrote: Kumerow is Joey Bosa's cousin? Did not know that.

The 90's hairstyle should have tipped you off:

[Image: BosaAtMic.jpg]

[Image: 3085107.png&w=350&h=254]
Reply/Quote

After the Treadwell injury, Core stepped up and put up some pretty good numbers.  To me, that is impressive, not just from a physical ability to step into the role of primary receiver.  But, also to be ready to step up, after playing in the shadows of a super star his entire college career.  His scouting report mentions being good at contested catches.  I love that in a WR.  Not to mention, 4.37.  You can't coach speed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:15 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: AJ Green
Brandon Lafell
Mario Alford
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core

I'm in. I want to see the young guys get a chance to shine this season.

Don't forget Wright, who could see substantial playing time, if healthy.

We'll know we've really upgraded the WR corp when Tate gets his pink slip though.

Reply/Quote
I expect Boyd to take over LaFell..

My projected WR depth chart..

1. A.J. Green
2. Tyler Boyd
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Cody Core
5. James Wright
6. Mario Alford

PS:
Jake Kumerow - WR
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't forget Wright, who could see substantial playing time, if healthy.

Why do you say this?

Wright was a 7th round pick who had done nothing in college.  Then he only had 5 catches in a season where are WR corps was decimated by injury.  Guys like Dane Sanzenbacher and Greg Little had more catches for the Bengals than Wright.  Kevin Brock (remember him?) had as many catches as Wright for us in '14.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you say this?

Wright was a 7th round pick who had done nothing in college.  Then he only had 5 catches in a season where are WR corps was decimated by injury.  Guys like Dane Sanzenbacher and Greg Little had more catches for the Bengals than Wright.  Kevin Brock (remember him?) had as many catches as Wright for us in '14.
I miss Sanzenbacher
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol..........

He said other than Green and Dalton and you still put them in your list to make it look longer.........  typical Fred tactic  Hilarious

I'm praying that Tate doesn't make it because, like I said in another thread, I don't think Pacman plays as much D this year, so he can dedicate his game to returns.  

I do like our receiver depth, but what you failed to put in is our pass-catching tight ends who will be just as good as receivers, and even better in some instances by working the seams and keeping defenses in the middle of the field and out of passing lanes (which we don't do nearly as much as I'd like):  Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah.

Adding those guys in is making me love our receiving depth  ThumbsUp

Pacman was a PB CB  and handled Antonio Brown as well as anyone in the league last year.  Why on earth would he play less this year?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

With that size and speed, he will have to just plain stink to not make the roster.  He will not only make the roster, he will play and contribute.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well if Wright is not completely ready, PUP him and save him for later.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't forget Wright, who could see substantial playing time, if healthy.

We'll know we've really upgraded the WR corp when Tate gets his pink slip though.

Not overly impressed with Wright. Tate needs to go, though. Alford can return kicks. Let him shine.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:08 PM)McC Wrote: Pacman was a PB CB  and handled Antonio Brown as well as anyone in the league last year.  Why on earth would he play less this year?

I thought I read somewhere where that was our plan with him- play him exclusively on returns.

As to why- we have three young corners now and need to get them work (4 if you count Shaw, who may be improving); Pacman is getting older and perhaps losing a step (be 33 a few weeks into next season); we don't play Brown every game, so maybe he'd only play corner against the Steelers and a few other big name receivers; when we don't play big name receivers, his effect on the field position he provides, as well as the security and big play abilities, could outweigh his impact on defense.
Reply/Quote
Something else.. Adam Jones isn't going to just sit on the bench waiting to return punts all season. However, you can share whatever good drugs you're taking with the rest of us.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:11 PM)McC Wrote: With that size and speed, he will have to just plain stink to not make the roster.  He will not only make the roster, he will play and contribute.

I agree, I think Core will be the most pleasant surprise out of all the picks.  I see him as a Sanu with better hands and more speed   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Alford, Core, or Boyd can dethrone Tate.

Reply/Quote
I enjoy everyone's thoughts but no one is speaking on Alonzo Russell from Toledo. He's 6'4 205lbs and is an absolute freak who has football speed to get deep. I highly suggest Bengal fans YouTube this guy, get to know him because he will be making plays for us on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:13 AM)Thundercat34 Wrote: I enjoy everyone's thoughts but no one is speaking on Alonzo Russell from Toledo. He's 6'4 205lbs and is an absolute freak who has football speed to get deep. I highly suggest Bengal fans YouTube this guy, get to know him because he will be making plays for us on Sundays.

So are you Alonzo, or his mother? 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:15 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: AJ Green
Brandon Lafell
Mario Alford
Tyler Boyd
Brandon Tate
Cody Core

I'm in. I want to see the young guys get a chance to shine this season.

Fixed it for you.

James wright probly wont make it. or if he does he knocks alford off the roster. Dark Horse Michael Bennett

Burkhead is now a RB/WR hybrid.
Reply/Quote