Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this WR corps?
(05-02-2016, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he is getting older how much longer can he do double duty  he is out best CB

They signed him to a three year deal so I gotta think they expect him to do it at least this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 05:38 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: Core will be on the practice squad, which is fine for the stage of development he's in. Remember too that he played some CB in college, so in a pinch he could probably back that up (and the season will have serious gone off the rails if that ends up being the case). Bennett will be cut or end up on the PS as well.

Hopefully the Bengals cut bait on Tate and turn over the return duties to Alford.

WR corps will be:
Green
Lafell
Boyd
Alford
Wright
Kumerow

Kumerow will not beat out Cody Core.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:49 AM)Thundercat34 Wrote: Haha, your comedy is overwhelming?. No I feel from watching Toledo football games that this guy has a good as do the others to make this football team.

(05-02-2016, 05:05 PM)Thundercat34 Wrote: No problem, come September I will remember you said just that?

What's with the question marks? Are you Ron Burgundy?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The more I read up on Core (I really didn't know a lot about him), he sounds like a Tate replacement. I don't really expect him to make the roster, but I can see him making the PS while they move him into Tate's role in a season or two. All I'm expecting this year is:
Green
Lafell
Boyd
Alford
Wright
Tate
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rivers
Mauluga
Gresham
Dunlap
Shipley
Green
Dalton
Zeitler
Eifert
Bernard
Hill
Bodine

Bengals get as much production from rookies as any other team

LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 05:59 PM)Benton Wrote: The more I read up on Core (I really didn't know a lot about him), he sounds like a Tate replacement. I don't really expect him to make the roster, but I can see him making the PS while they move him into Tate's role in a season or two. All I'm expecting this year is:
Green
Lafell
Boyd
Alford
Wright
Tate

Seems about 'Wright'

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 05:59 PM)Benton Wrote: The more I read up on Core (I really didn't know a lot about him), he sounds like a Tate replacement. I don't really expect him to make the roster, but I can see him making the PS while they move him into Tate's role in a season or two. All I'm expecting this year is:
Green
Lafell
Boyd
Alford
Wright
Tate

Funny, you and I are reading different articles or listening to different people because the more i read and hear about him, the more I feel he will not only make the team but contribute
Reply/Quote
CJ suggests Core over Kumerow/Wright

Reply/Quote
the way the bengals booth podcast talks about Core it sounds like it's one of Urban's guys who he sees as a Marvin Jones copy. I bet he plays this year as the season goes. How soon did jones start contributing? I forget ...
Reply/Quote
Reading this this thread gets me pumped up for preseason. My opinion would be,Cody core was drafted In the 6th round, and we took a guy last year in the 7th and he made the team. They also had a 4th round grade on core if you heard the podcast. So with that said I think the locks are, green, lefell, Boyd, and core,unless core just looks bad,they will want to keep him at least a year,and have him for emergency. As for James wright I remember one deep ball to him that's the only thing I remember, he's coming off injury too so they might try to pup him and see what happens. But the oc did mention on how he loves him and said he can run for days and not get tired. I think it might seem impossible but I wish Alford would take rates spot,he has to really shine on returns to make the team. My big wild card is Alonzo russell, I think he's heading to the Ps most likely but I just like the dude,he's a good looking guy (no I'm not gay) looks like a NFL receiver,I've watched his highlights his good plays look impressive but then they mention the drops which is a concern and I seen a video on YouTube where he had a couple easy drops along with a couple good plays. Plus he played for a small school.I'm excited for the competition we will have,let the best men win.since Boyd is going to the slot,#2 slot is wide open since that's not lefells game,our #2 has to stretch the defense and go long sometimes,what I've heard from pats fans that isn't his game,and the pats hurt from it last year when lefell was forced to play that role without their other deep threat guy.I'm cconcerned about our receivers because I like the type of offense that can score at will when need be,we was there at times last year,until I say the Arizona game we struggled some,and then Dalton got injured,now we got new receivers to work with.
Reply/Quote
I'll be watching UDFA wideouts Grant and Russell. I like the new depth.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 07:11 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Reading this this thread gets me pumped up for preseason. My opinion would be,Cody core was drafted In the 6th round, and we took a guy last year in the 7th and he made the team. They also had a 4th round grade on core if you heard the podcast. So with that said I think the locks are, green, lefell, Boyd, and core,unless core just looks bad,they will want to keep him at least a year,and have him for emergency. As for James wright I remember one deep ball to him that's the only thing I remember, he's coming off injury too so they might try to pup him and see what happens. But the oc did mention on how he loves him and said he can run for days and not get tired. I think it might seem impossible but I wish Alford would take rates spot,he has to really shine on returns to make the team. My big wild card is Alonzo russell, I think he's heading to the Ps most likely but I just like the dude,he's a good looking guy (no I'm not gay) looks like a NFL receiver,I've watched his highlights his good plays look impressive but then they mention the drops which is a concern and I seen a video on YouTube where he had a couple easy drops along with a couple good plays. Plus he played for a small school.I'm excited for the competition we will have,let the best men win.since Boyd is going to the slot,#2 slot is wide open since that's not lefells game,our #2 has to stretch the defense and go long sometimes,what I've heard from pats fans that isn't his game,and the pats hurt from it last year when lefell was forced to play that role without their other deep threat guy.I'm cconcerned about our receivers because I like the type of offense that can score at will when need be,we was there at times last year,until I say the Arizona game we struggled some,and then Dalton got injured,now we got new receivers to work with.

6th rounders are never a "Lock" to make the roster.... core has work to do because he will have to knock someone out infront of him...

Green
Boyd
Lafell
(Most Likely) Tate

??????
??????

So likely there are 2 spots for the remaining WRs to earn.

guys like Alford and James Wright will make it a tough go for these Rookies and CFA's but they do have a shot and there is always PS spots

so i dont think tate is a lock but he does have a leg up..

so Alford
Wright
Bennett
Core
Kumerow
+ CFA's
Russell

And your looking alot of chances for Core not to make it.

Will be fighting it out for them last 2 spots... Kumerow looked good last preseason. Bennett was good at UGA but was hurt last year. They like Wright but hes been hurt. Alford stuck last year so he also probly has a leg up..
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 6th rounders are never a "Lock" to make the roster.... core has work to do because he will have to knock someone out infront of him...

Green
Boyd
Lafell
(Most Likely) Tate

??????
??????

guys like Alford and James Wright will make it a tough go for these Rookies and CFA's but they do have a shot and there is always PS spots

so Alford
Wright
Bennett
Core
Kumerow
+ CFA's
Russell

Will be fighting it out for them last 2 spots... Kumerow looked good last preseason. Bennett was good at UGA but was hurt last year. They like Wright but hes been hurt. Alford stuck last year so he also probly has a leg up..

well we can revisit this thread come week 1. I think you are playing favorites. Again if core had a 4th round grade to them,they will give him a big shot to make the team,he'd have to look pretty bad not to make it. I don't remember any year we just cut a 6th rounder off my head, we at least give them a year,how is Mario Alford habe a leg up? He's done nothing so far. He gets to beat out Tate for kick returning or he's probably gone he was a 7th rounder.also Wright is hurt and they try to expand the roster by putting guys on ir so they don't have to get rid of them right away.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 10:53 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: well we can revisit this thread come week 1. I think you are playing favorites. Again if core had a 4th round grade to them,they will give him a big shot to make the team,he'd have to look pretty bad not to make it. I don't remember any year we just cut a 6th rounder off my head, we at least give them a year,how is Mario Alford habe a leg up? He's done nothing so far. He gets to beat out Tate for kick returning or he's probably gone he was a 7th rounder.also Wright is hurt and they try to expand the roster by putting guys on ir so they don't have to get rid of them right away.

And where did they grade Alford?

We rarely see anything out of rookies. That Alford got the seventh spot last year and any playing time at all says they've got some interest in him. Or at least hue did. And grades aside, don't expect to see anything of core outside of preseason.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 10:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: the way the bengals booth podcast talks about Core it sounds like it's one of Urban's guys who he sees as a Marvin Jones copy.   I bet he plays this year as the season goes.   How soon did jones start contributing?  I forget ...

Week 14 against Dallas his rookie year. He had 3 catches for 45 yards and a 37 yard run.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 11:12 AM)Benton Wrote: And where did they grade Alford?

We rarely see anything out of rookies. That Alford got the seventh spot last year and any playing time at all says they've got some interest in him. Or at least hue did. And grades aside, don't expect to see anything of core outside of preseason.

We will see, depending on lefell as #2 isn't wise to me.and they got a speed guy in core so I think you are wrong.don't know where they had Alford but he's short,he's either slot and kr or nothing.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Week 14 against Dallas his rookie year. He had 3 catches for 45 yards and a 37 yard run.

He also was hurt
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:16 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: We will see, depending on lefell as #2 isn't wise to me.and they got a speed guy in core so I think you are wrong.don't know where they had Alford but he's short,he's either slot and kr or nothing.

Welcome to the boards, Mrs. Core. I'm sure your son will do good things.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:17 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: He also was hurt

Okay...
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 6th rounders are never a "Lock" to make the roster....  core has work to do because he will have to knock someone out infront of him...

Green
Boyd
Lafell
(Most Likely) Tate

??????
??????

guys like Alford and James Wright will make it a tough go for these Rookies and CFA's  but they do have a shot and there is always PS spots

so Alford
Wright
Bennett
Core
Kumerow
+ CFA's
Russell  

Will be fighting it out for them last 2 spots...  Kumerow looked good last preseason.  Bennett was good at UGA but was hurt last year.  They like Wright but hes been hurt.  Alford stuck last year so he also probly has a leg up..

I know some people are still somewhat concerned about true depth at WR this year, but given the amount of young talent that we have to develop - I am rather excited. Between Boyd, Core, Alford, Kumerow (even FA's like Russell) - you have to think one or two of them out of the group will turn into something very solid. I'm not saying your next AJ Green, but maybe the robin to AJ's batman. I would love for the Bengals to get back in that conversation of "the best core of receivers in the NFL" - just hoping some of these young guys want it bad. This spring/summer will be an absolute blast to watch the development of these guys.

That being said:

AJ
Lafell
Boyd (slot)
Core
Alford (slot)
Kumerow

I know the coaches are high on Wright - but until I see he's 100% healthy, can't roll the dice with the amount of young talent around him.
Reply/Quote