Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this WR corps?
(05-01-2016, 08:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Something else.. Adam Jones isn't going to just sit on the bench waiting to return punts all season. However, you can share whatever good drugs you're taking with the rest of us.

he is getting older how much longer can he do double duty he is out best CB
Reply/Quote
The only guaranteed locks I see at WR are: AJ Green, Brandon LaFell, Brandon Tate, and Tyler Boyd. Like it or not, Tate sticks. I know we may have faster guys and I know we may have guys we think are better returners, but Tate is going nowhere.

After that, I don't know. I don't see Core on the 53. Either Wright or Alford makes it, but I don't see both. The coaching staff seems to love Kumerow, so he probably sticks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:31 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: So are you Alonzo, or his mother? 

Haha, your comedy is overwhelming?. No I feel from watching Toledo football games that this guy has a good as do the others to make this football team.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:49 AM)Thundercat34 Wrote: Haha, your comedy is overwhelming?. No I feel from watching Toledo football games that this guy has a good as do the others to make this football team.

Well I can tell you, as a bengals fan, he does not. Maybe the PS if things go his way
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:51 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Well I can tell you, as a bengals fan, he does not. Maybe the PS if things go his way

Well my apologies to you because I didn't realize that as a bengals fan you also moonlight as a Bengals coaching staff member who has input on making these tough decisions. I will respectfully agree to disagree and leave it at that. Be blessed Leonardfan40
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:58 AM)Thundercat34 Wrote: Well my apologies to you because I didn't realize that as a bengals fan you also moonlight as a Bengals coaching staff member who has input on making these tough  decisions. I will respectfully agree to disagree and leave it at that. Be blessed Leonardfan40

No problem, apology accepted! I just wanted to give you a realistic expectation for the kid, do with it what you will. Come September when he's not on the roster you'll know why  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:47 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: The only guaranteed locks I see at WR are: AJ Green, Brandon LaFell, Brandon Tate, and Tyler Boyd. Like it or not, Tate sticks. I know we may have faster guys and I know we may have guys we think are better returners, but Tate is going nowhere.

After that, I don't know. I don't see Core on the 53. Either Wright or Alford makes it, but I don't see both. The coaching staff seems to love Kumerow, so he probably sticks.

dangit i keep forgetting about kumerow...
Also get to see if michael bennett returns from injury.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:07 AM)magikod Wrote: I think Core will surprise people this year. I think he makes the team, gut feeling. 
I think you're right.

Loved the film I saw.  He may be raw but he looks very competitive, fast and tough.   He has a reputation as a good blocker as well.   My gut agrees with yours.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:00 PM)3wt Wrote: I think you're right.

Loved the film I saw.  He may be raw but he looks very competitive, fast and tough.   He has a reputation as a good blocker as well.   My gut agrees with yours.

Core has to realize that he has been given an amazing opportunity.  He was drafted by a good team with a good QB, yet we have zero depth at WR.  I am guessing that no other guy drafted as late as him has as good of a chance to make a roster and even see some action early in his career for a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Core has to realize that he has been given an amazing opportunity.  He was drafted by a good team with a good QB, yet we have zero depth at WR.  I am guessing that no other guy drafted as late as him has as good of a chance to make a roster and even see some action early in his career for a playoff team.

It will certainly show what kind of competitor he is.   You're right he's got a great opportunity, and he's going to have to make a splash on teams and in the field to dislodge one of the other backups.  If he's anything close to mediocrity he'll be out.

Boyd obviously has a better shot.  But what I like about Boyd is his confidence and his competitive spirit.  I hope core has a similar disposition.   I have heard that Core is a ready learner which is somewhat promising.

Gonna be a really great spring this year
Reply/Quote
There are an awful lot of question marks and inexperience at both WR and TE this season coming. I hope a number of these guys can step up because at the moment the depth doesn't fill me with a huge amount of confidence, we are an injury to Eifert or Green away from a debacle.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:31 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: There are an awful lot of question marks and inexperience at both WR and TE this season coming. I hope a number of these guys can step up because at the moment the depth doesn't fill me with a huge amount of confidence, we are an injury to Eifert or Green away from a debacle.

you cant have superstars backing up superstars lol... just potential superstars

lol tyler kroft was coming on last year @ TE. and we still have Hewitt...

WR well most teams dont have an AJ green... but you cant replace them when you lose them
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 09:21 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Hopefully Alford, Core, or Boyd can dethrone Tate.

Boyd was a returner at Pitt.  Fingers crossed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 02:25 PM)McC Wrote: Boyd was a returner at Pitt.  Fingers crossed.

Kick returns are pretty much eliminated now. With a touchback going to the 25. We should never run it out. I would put Pickman back there every time. If they want to get cute and try to kick it short he could make them pay. With that threat he probably will be taking 99% touchbacks so its not like he has to take a beating.

We had 43 punt returns and 12 fair catches on punts last year. About 3.5 punt return opportunities a game. I want Pickman taking at least half of our punt returns. That leaves about 1.5 punt return opportunities a game. I am not keeping Tate around for that.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 02:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Kick returns are pretty much eliminated now.

Because Nick Vigil will block all the opposing kick offs.
Reply/Quote
Why the hate for Tate? We made the playoffs 100% of the season he's been with the team. Why mess with a good thing? You can't win it all if you aren't in the playoffs. I bet the Bills and Rams and Dolphins and Buccaneers would kill to be in the playoffs like us. Tate forever.
Reply/Quote
Keep hatin'...

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 12:10 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No problem, apology accepted! I just wanted to give you a realistic expectation for the kid, do with it what you will. Come September when he's not on the roster you'll know why  ThumbsUp
No problem, come September I will remember you said just that?
Reply/Quote
AJ, Boyd, and LaFell are the only locks. Everyone else is vying for a spot. Alford needs to focus on kick returns since that could guarantee his roster spot. I see Core being one of the last guys to make the 53. He'll probably make some plays against Indy and just make it. The coaches seem high on Wright, but there's no guarantee that he'll make a complete return from his injury.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Core will be on the practice squad, which is fine for the stage of development he's in. Remember too that he played some CB in college, so in a pinch he could probably back that up (and the season will have serious gone off the rails if that ends up being the case). Bennett will be cut or end up on the PS as well.

Hopefully the Bengals cut bait on Tate and turn over the return duties to Alford.

WR corps will be:
Green
Lafell
Boyd
Alford
Wright
Kumerow
Reply/Quote