Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this scenario?
Zac Taylor becomes HC. His brother Press comes over from the Eagles to be OC. The Bengals trade Andy and a draft pick to the Eagles for Nick Foles. Bengals win Super Bowl with a QB who already has a SB win. Perfect scenario. Amirite?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Zac Taylor becomes HC. His brother Press comes over from the Eagles to be OC. The Bengals trade Andy and a draft pick to the Eagles for Nick Foles. Bengals win Super Bowl with a QB who already has a SB win. Perfect scenario. Amirite?

Except then you realize Foles has been horrible everywhere besides Philly and not even good outside of the playoffs really.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Except then you realize Foles has been horrible everywhere besides Philly and not even good outside of the playoffs really.

Foles is a true anomaly. Outside of late season/playoff Eagles with that one WR he's been very underwhelming !

Like the Texans backup QB several years ago. Has like 4 NFL wins as a starter and 3 of them are against Bengals. Like 55 QB rating against all other teams 100 against us.
Reply/Quote
Nick Foles over Andy Dalton? No way.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Foles is a true anomaly. Outside of late season/playoff Eagles with that one WR he's been very underwhelming !

Like the Texans backup QB several years ago. Has like 4 NFL wins as a starter and 3 of them are against Bengals. Like 55 QB rating against all other teams 100 against us.

Yeah seems like we'd be a watered down version of the ravens under flacco.
Reply/Quote
With all due respect, that plan sucks ass..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why would the Eagles want Andy in a trade?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all due respect, that plan sucks ass..

Fine. I bow to your expertise. Al I know is that whenever I see him play he is winning. Guess I just haven't seen enough. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all due respect, that plan sucks ass..

LOL!
BengalRed,

He did say, “with all due respect”.....so you can’t be mad.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Why would the Eagles want Andy in a trade?

Doesn’t everyone want a 20 million dollar backup?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:48 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Fine. I bow to your expertise. Al I know is that whenever I see him play he is winning. Guess I just haven't seen enough. 

Foles is the classic "magic off the bench" type of QB.  He comes in during a pinch situation, and knocks it out of the park.  However, when relied upon to be THE MAN, he wilts like cheap grocery store flowers.  

I'm not just making that up.  Go look at his stats when he is the starting QB, compared to when he has come in to relieve the QB of the season.

Like I said, I mean no disrespect, I just think that Foles is not the right man for the job.  This team has a reliable starter that will do well under better leadership, and then a drafted QB can take his place.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nick Foles burst onto the scene with an absurd TD to INT ratio. He does need a pocket, but to say that his SB season was the only impressive thing that he's ever done is not correct. I have no doubt in my mind that he's better than quite a few starters. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Foles is the classic "magic off the bench" type of QB.  He comes in during a pinch situation, and knocks it out of the park.  However, when relied upon to be THE MAN, he wilts like cheap grocery store flowers.  

I'm not just making that up.  Go look at his stats when he is the starting QB, compared to when he has come in to relieve the QB of the season.

Like I said, I mean no disrespect, I just think that Foles is not the right man for the job.  This team has a reliable starter that will do well under better leadership, and then a drafted QB can take his place.

Yep;

That's nearly always the problem with these type QB's. They come off the bench and kill it for 3 games or whatever and look like Brady 2.0

Put them in for a 16 game season and it's Bortles 2.0

I'm not sold yet that Foles is the real deal, perhaps he will be ? But I wouldn't jump off that cliff with where we are now.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Foles is a true anomaly. Outside of late season/playoff Eagles with that one WR he's been very underwhelming !

Foles has the same career passer rating as Andy. Both have 88 career rating

Foles is two years younger than Andy. Has a lower interception rate too

Has won 4 playoff games and a Super Bowl. Dalton zeros

Foles playoff passer rating is 105. Dalton’s playoff rating is 58

I guess you’re indirectly saying that Dalton is underwhelming too
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep;

That's nearly always the problem with these type QB's. They come off the bench and kill it for 3 games or whatever and look like Brady 2.0

Put them in for a 16 game season and it's Bortles 2.0

I'm not sold yet that Foles is the real deal, perhaps he will be ? But I wouldn't jump off that cliff with where we are now.

If he were the real deal he'd be starting for one of the 31 other teams.  He's essentially lightning in a bottle for a few game run.  Some people just have all the luck.  I feel like that sums up Nick Foles.

I want to see what Dalton can do under new leadership.  Heck, our offense was kicking butt at the beginning of last year when all of our guys were healthy.  I want to see Dalton with AJ, Boyd, Eifert and Mixon healthy for a full season.  Eventually the dice have to roll our way.

And that's with the crappy O-line we have.  Make that better an skies the limit.  Especially with a fresh new offensive mind.
Reply/Quote
I’d be down for that. Foles is clutch in the playoffs, and is a SB MVP. Surprised people are being so dismissive of the idea. But a lot of folks are diehards for Andy around here.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:20 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Foles has the same career passer rating as Andy.  Both have 88 career rating

Foles is two years younger than Andy.  Has a lower interception rate too

Has won 4 playoff games and a Super Bowl.  Dalton zeros

Foles playoff passer rating is 105.  Dalton’s playoff rating is 58

I guess you're indirectly saying Dalton would have a ring and multiple playoff wins if he played for the Eagles.

The Eagles played great as a team last year in the playoffs.  The Bengals played like trash as a team in the playoffs.  That's why Marvin and company got fired and everyone is out looking for the next Pederson.  The Eagles needed a Herculean effort from their defense to get out of the 1st round last year.  That's the only reason we're talking about how many playoff wins Foles has.

Foles is also going to make $4 million more than Andy next year.  That's a decent FA G or LB on top of the fact that he's not really an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Zac Taylor becomes HC. His brother Press comes over from the Eagles to be OC. The Bengals trade Andy and a draft pick to the Eagles for Nick Foles. Bengals win Super Bowl with a QB who already has a SB win. Perfect scenario. Amirite?

Keep Andy as the regular season QB and have Foles for the playoffs. Although Marvin’s TEAMs were always unprepared and unmotivated for the playoffs so I don’t think it’s out of the question for Dalton to show up in the playoffs with a creative coach
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:20 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Foles has the same career passer rating as Andy.  Both have 88 career rating

Foles is two years younger than Andy.  Has a lower interception rate too

Has won 4 playoff games and a Super Bowl.  Dalton zeros

Foles playoff passer rating is 105.  Dalton’s playoff rating is 58

Good points. Andy's never been good in the playoffs. Five years ago when they played the Chargers they should have easily won that game. Andy was awful. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: I guess you're indirectly saying Dalton would have a ring and multiple playoff wins if he played for the Eagles.

The Eagles played great as a team last year in the playoffs.  The Bengals played like trash as a team in the playoffs.  That's why Marvin and company got fired and everyone is out looking for the next Pederson.  The Eagles needed a Herculean effort from their defense to get out of the 1st round last year.  That's the only reason we're talking about how many playoff wins Foles has.

Foles is also going to make $4 million more than Andy next year.  That's a decent FA G or LB on top of the fact that he's not really an upgrade.

No. Because Andy melts in the playoffs.

Foles has over a 100 rating. He was a big reason the eagles won the super bowl last year.

If Andy was on the eagles, he’d still be terrible postseason
Reply/Quote